Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#152214 - 10/16/06 04:51 AM 44 mph over the limit ouch!
Crick Offline
Loc: florida
so i got a ticket for going 44 mph over the limit what should i expect? i don't care about money issue just the license issue should i get a my attorney involved?
#152215 - 10/16/06 08:22 PM Re: 44 mph over the limit ouch!
ILikeMyGP Offline
Loc: Michigan
i have a really good idea. its called don't speed so much wink

but seriously, were you just not paying attention?

anyways, well you could. chances are there could be a mistake in how the ticket was writen up, so it never hurts to check that out. also make sure teh date is corrent (yes i have seen them do that too) if it is wrong and you can prove you were somewhere else at teh time then you get off scott free. same can be true if they wrote it up for the wrong thing.

just some thoughts
#152216 - 10/16/06 10:34 PM Re: 44 mph over the limit ouch!
D Offline
Loc: Brooklyn, NY
I'm fighting one now for the same thing I was doning 100 in a 50, get a laywer and talk it over with him, I have mine getting th date changed evereytime i go in to court I've been fighting it ofr a year now. But all in all I would deff get a lawyer and talk it over with him, b/c sometime there is an easy way of of it.

1997 Grand Prix GT: ZZP SS M90 Kit--P&P Blower and LIM--3.8" Modular pulley--36# injectors--ZZP Wizair CAI--8.5mm MSD Wires--Autolite 103s@ .052--180* drilled T-stat--Tune Time Performance Tune--ZZP 2.5" D/P w/o Cat--ZZP Stage 1 HV TB--ZZP Power Log & Rear PEM--ZZP Poly Motor & Tranny Mounts--Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow Mufflers--Auto Meter Z Series Boost & Oil Pressure Gauges--Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge

New York Metro Club Grand Prix
www.nymcgp.com
#152217 - 10/16/06 10:46 PM Re: 44 mph over the limit ouch!
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Pay the fine, thats what I did when I was going 85 in a 45 mph zone. I okay now other than my 6 points on my license. smile
#152218 - 10/19/06 04:27 AM Re: 44 mph over the limit ouch!
brown Offline
Loc: Belleville, MI
I've been pulled over for speeding, but never for 40-50 over the speed limit. If you're going 100 in a 50 or w/e there is no way thats an "accident". A GP is no supercar and you will not find yourself looking at your speedometer, shocked to find you're doing 100. You were obviously speeding, pay the ticket (which is probably quite hefty) and dont be irresponsible behind the wheel.

The point of the fine and points is so that you have an unpleasant reminder of what happens when you break the law. We're all grown up and should take responsibility for our actions.

If you speed a lot get a radar detector so you can have some advanced notice. Use it as a way to check yourself if you are speeding by 10 or something a bit more understandable as an accident.
#152219 - 10/25/06 11:50 PM Re: 44 mph over the limit ouch!
carpenter Offline
Loc: Green Bay
Oct 2004 I got hit with 118 in a 65. lost my license for 6 months and had a $700 fine.

Wisconsin
#152220 - 10/27/06 01:10 AM Re: 44 mph over the limit ouch!
brown Offline
That blows. You must be making pretty good money to have GP and Bonne GXPs and a WS6 to be able to make the payments and pay the now inflated insurance cost.
#152221 - 10/27/06 05:45 PM Re: 44 mph over the limit ouch!
Kansas GXP Offline
Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Quote:
Originally posted by brown:
That blows. You must be making pretty good money to have GP and Bonne GXPs and a WS6 to be able to make the payments and pay the now inflated insurance cost.
That is no lie.....

I agree though. I used to be a terrible speeder, and eventually, I got caught going 60 in a 20, racing a camaro, on my motorcycle, on the first day I got the licence for it. I did get a diversion from my insurance, just so that they wouldn't find out about it, but I had to pay the ticket double so it wouldn't go on my record. I ended up paying almost $2000 for this ticket, and guess what, haven't been that stupid since. Pay the ticket, or find out what you can do to keep it off your record, but at the least, pay it. You will thank yourself for doing it later in life. Who know's, you could have a son that thinks he wants to speed, but your good, true story of how expensive the ticket is, may keep him from doing so.
#152222 - 10/31/06 10:09 AM Re: 44 mph over the limit ouch!
carpenter Offline
Loc: Green Bay
Quote:
I only make payments on the Grand Prix. My better half makes the payments on the Bonne and the WS6 is paid for. As for insurance, don't ask me how, but it never hit my insurance. That ticket I got when I owned my '04 M3.
#152223 - 11/03/06 12:38 AM Re: 44 mph over the limit ouch!
brown Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by carpenter:
That ticket I got when I owned my '04 M3.
you had an M3?! Why did you get rid of it?
#152224 - 11/03/06 08:27 AM Re: 44 mph over the limit ouch!
Kansas GXP Offline
Quote:
Quote:
[b] That ticket I got when I owned my '04 M3.
you had an M3?! Why did you get rid of it? [/b]
For the WS-6, of course...
At least I would have in a heart beat... The M3 isn't a potontial collectors car. IMO
#152225 - 11/03/06 10:27 AM Re: 44 mph over the limit ouch!
Baas140 Offline
Loc: Grand Rapids Michigan
i got my license when i was sixteen, and lost it shortly after turning 17.. i got three tickets, all in my moms v6 camry... 80 in a 35, 50 in a 25, and 55 in a 35... i lost my license for a month and was on driving probation for 6 months... no driving between 10 pm and 6 am and the only passangers were family members... the tickets were expensive, but the insurance killed me... i had to switch to a high risk insurance and was paying 1400 dollars a year on a 1990 ford tempo with 150,000 miles on it... the thing was worth a couple hundred bucks... speeding really dicked me over but i tell ya what, it sure did teach me a lesson... id say pay the consequences, but maybe thats just cause im going to school to be a cop devilgrin
#152226 - 11/06/06 06:13 AM Re: 44 mph over the limit ouch!
brown Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Kansas GTP:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b] That ticket I got when I owned my '04 M3.
At least I would have in a heart beat... The M3 isn't a potontial collectors car. IMO [/b]
M3 will probably be mildy collectable in time. They retain their value better than a WS6 does. Plus the M3 doesn't look like it crawled out of a japanese comic book. IMO
#152227 - 11/06/06 08:49 AM Re: 44 mph over the limit ouch!
Kansas GXP Offline
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Kansas GTP:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
That ticket I got when I owned my '04 M3.
At least I would have in a heart beat... The M3 isn't a potontial collectors car. IMO [/b]
M3 will probably be mildy collectable in time. They retain their value better than a WS6 does. Plus the M3 doesn't look like it crawled out of a japanese comic book. IMO
The M3 may be mildly collectible in due time, but the WS-6 is very sought after now.. and always will be. And, a little added bonus, the WS-6 is a sports car, not a sports sedan. I did just look on kbb, and when the options are the same on both cars, and mileage and condition is the same, the M3 is worth a couple grand more, but not in my eyes. Just my very biased opinion though. The f-body is my favorite type of car, and always will be.
#152228 - 11/06/06 02:50 PM Re: 44 mph over the limit ouch!
brown Offline
M3's are 2 doors not 4 doors. You must be thinking of an M5.

"...the WS-6 is a sports car, not a sports sedan..."
#152229 - 11/21/06 03:37 PM Re: 44 mph over the limit ouch!
Chunkee Offline
Loc: Charlotte, NC
I came home from work one night to see a ticket on my screen door. It was for reckless driving.

One of my a$$ho neighbors decided it would be funny.

I ended up going to court and trial for this stupid ticket. Cost well over 3K in lawyers fees. I find out that the ticket was a lousy $200.00 when the judge told me I could plea bargin to not go to trial any further. I was like "omg judge!" and whipped out my wallet right there on the spot. I blame my lawyer and my lack of knowledge (I was 18 years old) for that incident. Haven't gotten a ticket since (Im 37 now).

Pay the ticket, learn yer lesson, be more careful down the line.

PS: Radar detectors will only tell you your going to get a ticket, don't waste your money on one, once it goes off, your already clocked.
#152230 - 11/22/06 04:03 PM Re: 44 mph over the limit ouch!
Jim GXP Offline
Loc: Lake County Illinois
[PS: Radar detectors will only tell you your going to get a ticket, don't waste your money on one, once it goes off, your already clocked. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Not if you have the right one. My passport has saved me from numerous tickets, including laser. My passport goes off between 1/2 to 1/4 mile before you can even see the cop. You don't have as much time with lasar, but you have some. Just remember that if there is no other traffic, there is no defense for instant on radar.
#152231 - 11/22/06 04:34 PM Re: 44 mph over the limit ouch!
jjcom Offline
Loc: USA
Friend of mine has something like that. Lets him know there's cop before he can even see one anywhere. Just have to get the right one
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >