Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#152313 - 05/14/04 01:26 PM Spark Plug help.
Tombomb85 Offline
Loc: San Jose
I'm changing my spark plugs to lower degree ones to help with KR. I've taken out 1 345 and 6, but the number cylinder is giving me trouble. Has anyone else replaced their number 2 cylinder spark plug? If there are any tips out there?
#152314 - 05/17/04 08:06 AM Re: Spark Plug help.
Marc Harbison Offline
Loc: Fredericksburg, VA
The #2 plug shouldn't be that difficult to get to. Before I installed headers, my most difficult plug was #6. That one was a PITA!

Plug 2 has some hoses that always seem to get in the way, but I usually just bend them out of the way and work around them. I walk away with some chaffed arms, but it gets done. Are you rocking the engine forward or trying to swap out the plugs with the engine in its original position? If not, try rocking it forward. That'll give you an extra inch or so of room. If things are still tight... try using a swivel attachment on the socket. Be careful with the swivel though as it's a little easier to crack the plug.

Marc
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RIP '97 GTP w/ 192K miles - Totaled when broadsided
#152315 - 05/17/04 10:28 PM Re: Spark Plug help.
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
Find someone with skinny arms. like me it makes it easier. i have no problems but my buddy was helping me on my last gp and he couldnt get his arms in someof the places easily. so if you have kids or a little brother this should helf alot.