Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#152495 - 08/13/03 10:22 AM Re: Early impressions
davemac Offline
Loc: Boston
Quote:
I need to use a key pad when I use the phone
I wonder if you can find a touch-tone tone generator pad and just hold that near the mirror. Such gadgets were available a few years ago and were designed to be held against, say, a pay phone, so you could carry your own auto-dialer.

OnStar's slant on the phone seems to have changed. They now emphasize its greater power, longer "battery life", and hands-free access compared to a handheld, where they used to emphasize using it as your primary mobile phone.
#152496 - 08/13/03 04:03 PM Re: Early impressions
jvojr Offline
Loc: Catskills, NY
I know what you are taliking about and haven't seen any of those things. But I will ask around. I was told by the onstar rep that the reason why I could not use my currrent verizon service is(get this) the car phone is ANALOG not digital. you can not buy an analog cell phone if you tried. Everything is digital now. also, the car phone doesn't always have reception is some of the areas that my verizon phone does. Plus I already pay 60.00 a month for unlimited talk time including long distance, why would I pay more to use this thing? I just think it is cruel to have such a cool cell phone that I can't use. I was told by. onstar that a few years ago you had to get your own service. That is not an option now. I wonder if there is a way that a good car audio place could hook my phone up someway to the car. I don't care about the cost. Unfortunately I live in the boonies and car audio stores are far away. Oh well.

Traded in. 2003 GTP. Every option but HUD. New Mods: Wizaired CAI, SLP Headers, Cat, U-bend and Downpipe, 3.2 Modular Pulley, Phase 3 rollers w/OR Pushrods, Larger Belt Tensioner Pulley, Gatorback, AL103's, 180 Degree Stat, DHP
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3