Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#152610 - 05/25/04 11:32 AM Installing new Radio
Elrod Offline
Loc: Virginia
I have a 2004 GP GT2 and want to replace the factory radio with an XM Radio. I saw the kit that allows me to retain my steering wheel controls, but I am concerned about the DIC (Driver's Info Center) which displays the date and as I understand is connected to the factory radio which keeps the time.

Is there any problem with replacing the factory radio with a great aftermarket XM radio? Will I still have my date in the DIC?

Any suggestions???

Elrod
#152611 - 05/25/04 12:34 PM Re: Installing new Radio
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
Never noticed it but i just checked my car and the date is not there with my aftermarket radio. It is a lil pain to get the radios to work in this. There is no accessory wire in the the factory harness. I had to pic mine up off the fuse block. let me know how you wire yours up.
#152612 - 05/25/04 07:09 PM Re: Installing new Radio
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
If you haven't bought a new radio yet, one option is to get the Delphi Roady. They're about $120.00 and comes with everything, if you buy it before July you get the FM Modulator free (saves $20.00-$30.00, I think). This way you can keep your stock set up and still have your XM radio, getting mine as soon as June gets here.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.