Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#152839 - 01/21/07 10:37 AM Mod Suggestions???
Rick_04GTPCompG Offline
Loc: NWCorner,Ct. USA
O.K.

I'm new here and new to the Pontiac GTP...
(I've traded a '96 Bonneville SE for this and have owned a '79 T/A back in the day and a plain old straight 6 Firebird way back...oh ya I can't forget the '67 and '73 Catalina's)....

I just bought a beautiful black 04 Comp G (31K)...

Now I want to make it FASTER and sound even nicer for not so many $$$$...

So I was thinking for the sound was to just add (2) Flowmaster 40 series mufflers for now and put the dual tips back on...

For a little more HP probably add a CAI (K&N) for now...(Do those custom CAI's on eBay really work??? Not that I would buy anything else besides K&N)

If I change the pulley, what size do you think I should go to and if I DO change the pulley do I need to do anything else to the engine/tranny (intercoolers and so on)...

I'm no mechanic but I do have family that are pretty handy when it comes to cars....

All suggestion will be appreciated....

One last thing.....Lambo doors look real cool but are the functional for every day use and do the really work properly...

Thanks
Rick
#152840 - 01/21/07 01:20 PM Re: Mod Suggestions???
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
sounds like you are mostly on the right track...adding the Flowmasters will give the car a nice sound just make sure you dont delete the resonator...it doesnt restrict flow but it does greatly reduce the "drone" you can get inside the car. before you decide to go with a smaller pulley, consider a couple of other mods to help reduce your "KR"...your PCM will retard the ignition timing to reduce "knock" or detonation which will damage the engine...instead consider installing an aftermarket PCM which can optimize both spark and fuel delivery for more power...then look at a larger downpipe and high flow cat to reduce heat and backpressure (this is a major choke point for the GTP)...then try a 180 degree thermostat and a heat range cooler set of plugs...then when you add the smaller pulley the engine can take full advantage of the higher boost...but be gentle on the tranny when you get to that point...300 ponies can do some damage if you get too crazy with the burnouts or the hard launches...change out the tranny fluid and add a shift kit to help spare the clutch paks.

As far as the Lambo doors are concerned, I have no experience in that area...they just arent my cup of tea...I think they look odd on anything but an exotic (replica or otherwise)...but that just a personal opinion...cars are an expression of their owners, so you do what you like cuz its your ride. thumbsup

hope this info helps and welcome aboard!

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#152841 - 02/03/07 09:52 PM Re: Mod Suggestions???
Comp G Plus Offline
Loc: Illinois
Thunderbat real good advice great post!!