Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#153153 - 08/18/04 12:51 PM big brother is watching you...
4 T 8 states Offline
Loc: winter park,fl
ive read that g.m. has installed sensing diagnostic modules since 1996, but what is really disturbing is before gov gray davis of calif was voted out of office he sign a bill protecting motorist privacy by passing a law that requires the manufacturer to tell you if your car or truck is equipped with a "black box" and prohibits anyone accessing the data without our consent or courtorder (calif only).

the sensing diagnostic modules or (sdm) keep track of YOUR driving habits and seatbelt use. they say its so they can see how there cars are being driven in the real world and collect EVIDENCE angel darthvader but i think not because look what happen to the s.dakota state rep william janklow blew a stop sign and killed a motorcyclist.. the highway patrol pull the data from his SDM and it showed how fast he was going EXACTLY eek .

just to let you new gp owners out there know whats going on.. remember... there watching your hammer .

now let me go back to my tree-cutting and debri cutting from this hurricane. cool
bearcat bct-7 law enforment/weatherband scanner
#153154 - 08/18/04 01:00 PM Re: big brother is watching you...
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
notontopic
4T8...
How did you do with Charley? Did you get alot of damage? How far from the big mess that they're showing on TV are you?

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#153155 - 08/18/04 01:17 PM Re: big brother is watching you...
4 T 8 states Offline
it hit apporx 160 miles from where we live. we live just outside of orlando.

ft myers ,sanibel and captiva iasland were 85% wiped out, they say no power or water in those area for weeks.

we were luckyin that we got out power back monday and we never lost water or sewage.
just a lot of tress down and some people in orlando and surrounding areas are still without power or water.

even though its still a pain in the ass right now i thank the lord for his protection and it does help to be prepared for this type of thing.

just to let you know that orlando, florida has not been directly hit by a hurricane since 1960`s soi it did catch alot of people hear by surprise.

i was surprised that i was more prepared to deal wth this then most people that have lived here in this area all there lives cowboy
#153156 - 08/18/04 02:23 PM Re: big brother is watching you...
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Glad you came through it okay, I know there are a few that weren't so lucky.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#153157 - 08/18/04 10:49 PM Re: big brother is watching you...
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
Well if everything is ok i hope the GP is ok as well?
#153158 - 08/19/04 09:13 AM Re: big brother is watching you...
4 T 8 states Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by zachd:
Well if everything is ok i hope the GP is ok as well?
z-man, it survived the storm so did my wifes han da..
thumbsup