Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#153197 - 11/28/04 09:45 PM Which is more like Oldsmobile?
Olds3.8 Offline
Loc: Maryland
New user here. I bought a Jeep Liberty over the summer. I had it narrowed down between the Columbia Edition Liberty and the GTP. The GTP was impressive, but didn't really blow me away like I thought it would. I don't regret my purchase, but in 3 or 4 years I will be purchasing a second vehicle so I dont put all my miles on the Jeep.

My first car was a 1990 Oldsmobile 88 Delta Coupe. Say what you want about Olds, but with the FE3 Suspension and the rock solid 3.8L V6, my Oldsmobile scooted around pretty well.

Here's my question. I recently became aware of the 05 Buick LaCrosse and am not pitted between which of GM's 3.8's is more like Olds. I think Pontiac is obviously more sport tuned, but Buick is more comfortable ride... I like the looks of both though. Each has a unique interior, and I like them both as well. Any body have any advice of choosing between a 2004 Grand Prix GT or a 05 Buick LaCrosse CX? (I know the CX isn't out just yet, so if you want to compare it to a Regal that's ok)
#153198 - 11/29/04 06:26 PM Re: Which is more like Oldsmobile?
Bryan R Offline
Loc: Portland
I happen to also have a Jeep Liberty as well... Interesting that you were deciding between the Liberty and the GTP.

Have you considered the Grand Prix GXP? It's basically an uplevel GTP with a 5.3 Litre V8 laugh I think it's supposed to be out in the spring... The GTO is another nice car, with a much nicer interior than the Grand Prix.

Have you changed the oil in the liberty yet? It's the biggest pain of any car I've ever had. The oil filter is mounted above the skid plate, so you have to stretch and reach around to get it. In fact, unless you know where it's exact location is, when you get under the car for the first time, I can gaurantee you won't even be able to find the oil filter.
#153199 - 11/29/04 08:10 PM Re: Which is more like Oldsmobile?
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
The motors in all the cars are very similar the things that differ are gearing in the trannys and programming in how the car shift but the 3.8 is a3.8 until it gets a supercharger on it or someone modifies it. Not alotta difference. I have always been partial to the pontiac line but im also pretty young i guess so the Buick just doesnt appeal to me, its styling is a little aged. If I wanted a luxury car it would be a cadilacc or a german car bimmer benz audi.
#153200 - 12/06/04 12:41 AM Re: Which is more like Oldsmobile?
Rich GTP Offline
Loc: New York
My Grandfather has a new jeep liberty