Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#153583 - 09/16/04 09:10 PM I got it.
Jizz Offline
Loc: Central Maryland
The GP is gone frown

But the GTO Rocks hammer
#153584 - 09/16/04 09:16 PM Re: I got it.
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
PICS!!!
Details!
PICS!!!

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#153585 - 09/16/04 09:26 PM Re: I got it.
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
He may be out breaking it in !
the rubber most likely!!!!
#153586 - 09/17/04 04:00 PM Re: I got it.
Bryan R Offline
Loc: Portland
Quote:
Originally posted by TexasGP:
He may be out breaking it in !
Hey Jizz, does the GTO have projector beam headlights? I keep getting conflicting answers....
#153587 - 09/17/04 05:53 PM Re: I got it.
Jizz Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Bryan R:
Quote:
[b] He may be out breaking it in !
Hey Jizz, does the GTO have projector beam headlights? I keep getting conflicting answers.... [/b]
How would I know?
#153588 - 09/17/04 10:49 PM Re: I got it.
Bryan R Offline
Loc: Portland
Quote:
Originally posted by Jizz:
Quote:
Originally posted by Bryan R:
[b]
Quote:
[b] He may be out breaking it in !
Hey Jizz, does the GTO have projector beam headlights? I keep getting conflicting answers.... [/b]
How would I know? [/b]
Well standard headlights, have the bulb inside the headlight assembly, and it reflects off the inside of the unit, and shines forward. Usually the end of the bulb is painted black, or there is a shield over the tip.

Projector headlights are what they sound like. There is no reflector assembly. Instead there is like a crystal ball. The bulb is one the other side of the ball, which basically projects a focused beam forward. This type of headlight produces MUCH better beam pattern than a reflector headlight. Now Projectors with HIDs, are awesome. These are the ones that look bluish/purple at certain angles, because of the way the light refracts on the projector. The high temp bulbs are just colored bulbs to simulate that look for those of use that dont have projectors.

I originally wanted to get a GTO, and I was planning on moving the HID kits from my GTP to the GTO, thinking they would be more "at home" in the GTO...

Congrats on the car cheers cool
#153589 - 09/18/04 08:49 AM Re: I got it.
Jizz Offline
Yes they are definetly Projector Beam...they do not have the "shield" like my GP did..and they DO have what looks like 1/2 of a "crystal ball" sticking out (inside the casinf thought)...I will try to get a good pic of it today.