Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#153730 - 12/05/03 12:49 PM They're Here!
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
Worth the wait for the big pictures!

#153731 - 12/11/03 08:35 PM Re: They're Here!
TonyWS6 Offline
Loc: Jacksonville, FL
Very cool - a dealer told me they shipped in October and would be here soon (this was about a week ago). Can't wait to see one on the street or at the track. Hopefully I'll be in my Formula when I do.... smile
#153732 - 01/15/04 01:57 AM Re: They're Here!
BadDog Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
We just bought a GTP Comp-G yesterday and the dealer said they expected to have them next week. I wanted to wait for a GTO, but the wife want's a 4 door...
#153733 - 01/16/04 07:11 PM Re: They're Here!
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by BadDog:
We just bought a GTP Comp-G yesterday and the dealer said they expected to have them next week. I wanted to wait for a GTO, but the wife want's a 4 door...
Should have replaced the wife. laugh

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#153734 - 01/23/04 04:48 PM Re: They're Here!
why2kmax Offline
Loc: Bel Air Maryland
My local Pontiac dealer finally got an 04 GTO and I stopped by to check it out. The car is a 6 speed yellowjacket with black interior. Though many dont like the rental car styling and wish it was more retro, I still like it and am glad they built it. A 6 speed RWD V8 anything would work for me though. I think the car looks better in person than in the pictures etc , but then again I like the holden Monaro too. Fit and finish were excellent. No weird gaps, no mistakes, brilliant paint, just 100% effort all around.

The interior however is incredible. You will never know you are in a GM vehicle. The seats are the most comfortable and supportive seats I have ever sat in, and the leather isnt anywhere near the CRAP that GM currently uses or used to put in their vehicles. Even the dash, switchgear, shifter are lightyears ahead of where the F-body and the rest of GM cars are/were. IMO its nicer than any current BMW Ive been in and its a lot more comfy than the M5 or M3. Not as flashy maybe but the driving position (for me) and seat comfort alone are worth buying the car for no matter what it looks like. Im sold. If it gets some retro tweaks and 405hp next year im going to have to find a way to get one

If that car is any indication of the quality and workmanship that might be coming in 05/06, GM will be over 30% marketshare in no time.

Jeff
#153735 - 02/01/04 04:17 PM Re: They're Here!
BryantGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by why2kmax:
If it gets some retro tweaks and 405hp next year im going to have to find a way to get one
Keep a lookout Jeff, supposedly there is a Judge version coming out next year. Would be nice to see the ZO6 engine in it.
#153736 - 02/06/04 11:43 AM Re: They're Here!
why2kmax Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by BryantGTP:
Quote:
Originally posted by why2kmax:
[b] If it gets some retro tweaks and 405hp next year im going to have to find a way to get one
Keep a lookout Jeff, supposedly there is a Judge version coming out next year. Would be nice to see the ZO6 engine in it. [/b]
yep, thats the story Ive heard.

ive also heard some rumblings about a Chevelle SS coming from Chevy, though no info on whether it will be an offshoot of the Monaro, another holden vehicle (maybe commodore SS) or a completely new chevy made here. Talk was 400+ hp. Maybe that will get an LS-2 once the new Z06 comes out in 06

Jeff
#153737 - 02/08/04 03:26 AM Re: They're Here!
Bryan R Offline
Loc: Portland
Was at Portland auto show. Apparently, only one dealership in metro Portland has a GTO, and they are asking TEN THOUSAND over MSRP!! When I was in California on business the other day, tons of dealerships had them, and I think most of them were asking MSRP. I don't know what the hell is wrong with the Portland dealerships.

cheers
#153738 - 02/23/04 04:49 PM Re: They're Here!
astrocoop Offline
Loc: Florida
Thats the problem with G.M. dealers. Mark up! Thats what killed the ZR1. I've heard there doing it on the LS-1 powered Caddy's too. I hope they don't kill these cars with there greed!
#153739 - 04/05/04 12:47 AM Re: They're Here!
blown_gp Offline
Loc: Memphis
i`m sorry guys but I still think that it looks like a cavalier on stroids,,,maybe a body kit or something to give it personality or something... maybe I have to see it in person to give the last veredit.
#153740 - 04/05/04 11:54 AM Re: They're Here!
GdGTP Offline
Loc: Omaha, NE
I think it looks alright from the direct side...but NO OTHER angle...final verdict = Scale of 1-10 out of street style = 6
#153741 - 04/05/04 12:03 PM Re: They're Here!
GdGTP Offline
Loc: Omaha, NE
Umm...that was my friend that jumped on my computer...(He owns a '00 Stang) Anyway...I like the GTO's appearance, but I think that it could look a little more aggressive...maybe 18" rims like the RX8, the front looks pretty good, but somethings gotta happen with the rear end...some kind of styling...needs better detailing...Also, I think there should definitely be some kind version that has dual exhaust coming out BOTH sides, not just the drivers side...And the ENGINE! If you didn't know that the LS1's throttle body was in the front, it is...and GM should've came up with something along the lines of the Corvette and had the Air Intake come from the front fascia...Instead, the GTO's source of air supply come from the same place as the 3800's...behind the drivers side headlight! Why design a 90 degree rubber ducting to come all the way from the headlight to the FRONT of the engine...*sigh* You guys should really read this months issue of MotorTrend...they compar the $35K GTO to the $70K Mercedes CLK55 AMG. And if 2 GTO's are worth as much as one Mercedes quality wise...the article kind of downgrades a LOT of points with the GTO...oh well
#153742 - 04/05/04 03:32 PM Re: They're Here!
why2kmax Offline
I think the autocross GTO that GM showed at the 03 SEMA show is what they should have done to the car in the first place. (High Perf Pontiac Mag, pgs 61-63). More aggressive front and rear treatmen, 18" rims, and splits the exhaust into duals on each side. Nicer package. BUT Im happy that the car even exists. personally I cant understand how people say it looks like a big cavalier when IMO it looks almost like a carbon copy of my 00 GTP Coupe. Grille and all. Oh well. When you are driving it, you dont see what it looks like from the outside, you just have fun fun ffun.

I thought the MT article actually did the GTO justice. It showed that you can have (as the article said) 85-90% of the AMG benz performance for less than 1/2 the price. Does it get any better? Remember hammer its spring....
#153743 - 04/06/04 10:22 AM Re: They're Here!
Marc Harbison Offline
Loc: Fredericksburg, VA
AMG Benz performance out of a stock GTO? Which AMG Benz are we talking about? I saw an AMG Benz a couple weeks ago turn a 12.2 in the 1/4 mile without even tryin' hard. I asked the guy about what was done to the car and he said that it was all AMG... he hadn't messed with it a bit. Pretty car too!

Marc
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RIP '97 GTP w/ 192K miles - Totaled when broadsided
#153744 - 04/06/04 11:21 AM Re: They're Here!
BryantGTP Offline
I love those AMG's. They always look so bad ass with the wide rear tires they throw on.