Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#153980 - 08/19/04 05:22 PM woodward 05 GTO concept?
why2kmax Offline
Loc: Bel Air Maryland
Per the LS1GTO site, THIS is suposidly the GTO concept GM is going to float at the woodward dream cruise this year. Might end up being the JUDGE as an late 05 edition if they get the reaction they want.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/why2kmax/GTO/orgegtoconcept2.bmp[/img]
#153981 - 08/19/04 06:31 PM Re: woodward 05 GTO concept?
Jizz Offline
Loc: Central Maryland
Other than the rims -- That looks like a GTO I would buy. But heck I rarely like stock rims smile

I like the hood and body. The Wing is cool -- i like suttle wings... although it looks very much like a cavalier wing. The grill and aridam are nice.
#153982 - 08/19/04 07:30 PM Re: woodward 05 GTO concept?
why2kmax Offline
Whats cool too is the old T/A style dual turned down exhuast tips on each side. You can barely make it out on the passenger side. Nice "pontiac" touch I thought.

Heres hoping they do something good cuz if sales dont improve a good bit, Id say 06 (the planned end of the aussie GTO before it goes to an american redesign) will be the last year.
#153983 - 08/19/04 08:19 PM Re: woodward 05 GTO concept?
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
yes yes yes yes yes!!!
I'd but it. That looks very sweet. I like it all!!!
thumbsup

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#153984 - 08/19/04 09:11 PM Re: woodward 05 GTO concept?
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
I love everything including the wheels only thign i hate is the exhaust. I like the straight out or side pipe style. It to mee seems like its was just squezeed in there if it is turned down. Not very good looking kinda cheasy. Just a comparison my brothers neone exhaust aims down like that..........
#153985 - 08/23/04 12:29 PM Re: woodward 05 GTO concept?
Stevecn6 Offline
Loc: St. Louis, MO
This model looks great, except for the exaust. I just dont understand Pontiac's problem, even Sunfires have better exaust than the GTO. Can someone tell me why Pontiac cant figure out that muscle cars have dual exaust? Someone from Chevy needs to send Pontiac that memo.

Stevecn6
2002 GP GT

Stevecn6
2002 GP GT
Blue/Black
#153986 - 08/23/04 02:16 PM Re: woodward 05 GTO concept?
why2kmax Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Stevecn6:
This model looks great, except for the exaust. I just dont understand Pontiac's problem, even Sunfires have better exaust than the GTO. Can someone tell me why Pontiac cant figure out that muscle cars have dual exaust? Someone from Chevy needs to send Pontiac that memo.

Stevecn6
2002 GP GT
You cant see it in that picture but there are dual outlets (like the 2nd gen F-body) on EACH SIDE. so it is dual exhaust.
#153987 - 08/24/04 12:24 PM Re: woodward 05 GTO concept?
4 T 8 states Offline
Loc: winter park,fl
oh yea it has the REAL dual exhaust.

i read that they had to reconfigure the gas tank then they had to make the trunk smaller by 2 cubic feet to get the dual peace pipes.

new and improved... confused what do you think.. smile
bearcat bct-7 law enforment/weatherband scanner
#153988 - 08/24/04 12:41 PM Re: woodward 05 GTO concept?
why2kmax Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by 4 T 8 states:
oh yea it has the REAL dual exhaust.

i read that they had to reconfigure the gas tank then they had to make the trunk smaller by 2 cubic feet to get the dual peace pipes.

new and improved... confused what do you think.. smile
The reconfigured trunk/gas tank deal was done to pass US federal Crash tests. Thats why the trunk is soooo much smaller than the monaro.
#153989 - 08/24/04 01:18 PM Re: woodward 05 GTO concept?
4 T 8 states Offline
in 2004 the GTO came with a single ex then split near the end.

in 2005 they decided to go to a real dual ex, in order to do that they had to modify like i said.

if im reading what your writing correctly why2 then how did the 2004 gto make it to this country and not pass federal crash test, then modify the 2005 to pass the crash test? wink
#153990 - 08/24/04 10:02 PM Re: woodward 05 GTO concept?
why2kmax Offline
actually the 04 GTO has true dual exhausts, they just exit in the same spot, probably because the Aussie Monaro has a single outlet too and they dindt want to reconfigure the bumper. Which might go back to the aerodynamic problem they had with US certification if they DID do it. (ref'd in a diff gto thread)

All I meant by the above was the 04 GTO has almost no trunk space compared to the aussie monaro because the gas tank was moved to comply with us fed crash standards. To do that they had to make the trunk tiny. I didnt think they would have to do it yet again just to move one exhaust pipe.

the 04 trunk is already down to 7 cubic ft, if its now 5, well thats just insane. BTW where did you get the trunk specs on the 05 showing the new cubic ft? laugh
#153991 - 08/25/04 08:07 AM Re: woodward 05 GTO concept?
Jizz Offline
Loc: Central Maryland
One of the main factors of the 04 was "time to market".. right? Didn't they go from Aussi to USA in just a few months?

And yes the current exhaust is true dual..just exits from one side..there is a really good picture of the underside of the car on pontiac.com or this link

http://www.pontiac.com/gto/gallery.jsp?brand=gto&pagename=models_prices

It is the next to the last picture.just click the thumbnail.
from the looks of that picture they are gonna have to change something to get dual outlets.
#153992 - 08/25/04 08:33 AM Re: woodward 05 GTO concept?
4 T 8 states Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by why2kmax:
actually the 04 GTO has true dual exhausts, they just exit in the same spot, probably because the Aussie Monaro has a single outlet too and they dindt want to reconfigure the bumper. Which might go back to the aerodynamic problem they had with US certification if they DID do it. (ref'd in a diff gto thread)

All I meant by the above was the 04 GTO has almost no trunk space compared to the aussie monaro because the gas tank was moved to comply with us fed crash standards. To do that they had to make the trunk tiny. I didnt think they would have to do it yet again just to move one exhaust pipe.

the 04 trunk is already down to 7 cubic ft, if its now 5, well thats just insane. BTW where did you get the trunk specs on the 05 showing the new cubic ft? laugh
you are right when it comes to the trunk size, it is currently 7 vs 9.
iread and did the comparo on the site of www.ultimategto.com . cheers
#153993 - 08/25/04 12:31 PM Re: woodward 05 GTO concept?
Stevecn6 Offline
Loc: St. Louis, MO
Why dont they put two nice rolled end chrome tips coming out that black gap in the bumper? I think that would look hot. And as far as those dual dumps on either side are concerned, sure, theyre cool, on the 2nd gen F-body. They dont look right on a modern car though. They just look like they were stuck on, cheesy.

Stevecn6
2002 GP GT
Blue/Black

Stevecn6
2002 GP GT
Blue/Black
#153994 - 08/25/04 06:04 PM Re: woodward 05 GTO concept?
why2kmax Offline
Better pic of the woodward GTO. Some specs.

Rumor or fact, I dont know, taken off LS1GTO.com

The GTO concept has a 6.3-liter V-8 engine with 500 horsepower at 5200 rpm and 500 lb.-ft. of torque at 5000 rpm. It also has a six-speed manual transmission, modified brakes, bigger wheels and tires and new exhaust. The bright orange exterior features a new hood, fender, quarter panel, spoiler, front and rear fascia and rockers.

As of right now, the 500-hp 2007 is a go. Everyone must pray that gas prices come back down however...that Lutz stays on for a couple more years and that a more pro-business Republican administration is in power
You'll begin hearing rumors of an LS7 Goat test mule running around the Outback next winter. But the actual GO/NO GO decision will be held back since there are too many variables currently. If gas prices explode to $3.50/gallon and a new batch of idiot regulators start naming fast cars as Enemy # 1, this and other plans will be quietly retired

Then again an 07 GTO concept pic from another source, Think its the new HOT ROD mag.