Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#154293 - 12/31/08 02:40 AM ZZP Performance Packages
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I don't see it. I think this is a great idea. Too bad they didn't do it sooner, I've already got some of these mods. lol

Stage 1
Quote:
Stage 1 Performance Package - $279.99

* K&N drop in air filter
* ZZP 1.0 pcm
* 3.5” Modular pulley system ('04+ Grand Prix only comes without a pulley)
* Ubend delete with o2 bung and rear gasket ('04+ Grand Prix only comes without a ubend delete)
* Autolite 104 spark plugs (set of 6)
* 180* thermostat and gasket

'04+ Grand Prixs' are more prone to "Knock Retard", so they do not come with a smaller supercharger pulley, and they do not have a ubend so a ubend delete is not needed.

All packages require 92+ octane gasoline. If not available, please contact us so we can adjust the pulley size specifically for your car.

This kit will give you about 25hp.
Stage 2
Quote:
Stage 2 Performance Package - $604.73
* Wizaired CAI with 4" K&N filter
* ZZP 1.0 pcm
* 3.4” Modular pulley system ('04+ Grand Prix comes with a 3.6" pulley)
* Smaller supercharger belt for 3.4" pulley
* ZZP 3” bolt in mild steel cat'd downpipe (bolts up to stock or 2.5” catback) with gaskets
* Autolite 104 spark plugs (set of 6)
* 180* thermostat and gasket

'04+ Grand Prixs' are more prone to "Knock Retard", so they come with a larger pulley to keep it safe. All packages require 92+ octane gasoline. If not available, please contact us so we can adjust the pulley size specifically for your car.

This kit will give you about 40 HP.
I wonder what a stage 3 might come with...?
#154294 - 12/31/08 07:07 AM Re: ZZP Performance Packages
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
The kicker in those packages is the MPS. $150 for the hub and a pulley.

If you don't need the MPS and will be happy with a 3.5 or 3.4 pulley you can get much cheaper on your own kit.

Look at the jump in price when you add in the wizair and DP.

On a side note
You still need a pulley puller to remove the stock pulley and you'll probably need new plug wires because chances are you'll break one or two removing the ones that are on the car now.
#154295 - 12/31/08 11:21 AM Re: ZZP Performance Packages
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
The kicker in those packages is the MPS. $150 for the hub and a pulley.

If you don't need the MPS and will be happy with a 3.5 or 3.4 pulley you can get much cheaper on your own kit.

Look at the jump in price when you add in the wizair and DP.

On a side note
You still need a pulley puller to remove the stock pulley and you'll probably need new plug wires because chances are you'll break one or two removing the ones that are on the car now.
Everyone swaps to a 3.4 and wants more. A MPS is one of the best investments I have made for this car. Much less work swapping pulleys.

About the Wizair, I think everyone knows how I feel about the ridiculously overpriced CAI's that these vendors offer for our cars. They give you no extra gain and cost a ton more than my $30 intake.

And on the plug wires, I never have understood how people break so many of them. I have taken them off probably 30 times and never broken one. I guess I'm just lucky.
#154296 - 12/31/08 11:25 AM Re: ZZP Performance Packages
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
yeah, I didn't think the wires were that difficult either... plugs themselves are a PITA, but not the wires.
#154297 - 12/31/08 07:18 PM Re: ZZP Performance Packages
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I recommend the wires cause chances are if the buyer is purchasing the kit they probably are still running the original wires and never popped them off and they pull and pull instead of twisting the boot and destroy a wire or two in the process.

Plus if your putting new plugs and such might as well put new wires in as well.
#154298 - 01/01/09 03:34 PM Re: ZZP Performance Packages
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
I like the idea of these kits. It will kind of guide newbs on the concept of supporting mods, etc.