Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#154616 - 04/01/08 10:29 AM My weekend, life adventures PICS; farewell to post whoring
20gtp02 Offline
Well I've made a few threads about the G8, birthday and anniversary gifts, and maybe a job.
Shown are some pics of my weekend. I stopped off one of the roadways on the bay area of Clearwater to snap some pics.

I didn't make my Monday appointment to drive or see the G8, lady didn't call back nor did I just go a show up. A high school friend is a sales manager there, and I would more than likely call him up to do anything with the car.

This lawyer, who has me selling his AMG S63, just bought this (less than 2 yrs old) Texaco, 2 miles down the street from me. He mentioned to my buddy, who knows the guy more than I do, that he will need someone to run the Texaco. I was like sure, I'll do it, since I don't really have much for work as of now...

I also did some landscaping at my other buddy's house on Friday, and his neighbor offered me a job doing landscaping for his company, which I had to turn down as of now to focus on this Texaco job.

Both guys wanted me to work this weekend. However, I had plans to travel to Tampa to celebrate the girlfriends 25th Bday!!

So the lawyer fella wanted me to meet with him and the Texaco operator on Monday to go over some things.

I couldn't decide if the massages at Safety Harbor wouldn't be enough as a gift for the GF for her 25 (1 elemental massage for two plus two facials = $470, $70 in just gratuities), and I enjoyed the ideas from gp.net members on my thread about gift giving (I had much better massages and paid much less, but the gf enjoyed hers very much). So Friday morning I set out to find some Jewelry. I went to the closest store, one I been to before, and asked for some anklets. Since my gf lost a family one and the one she received from my mother awhile back is broken. The store had only three pieces, and silver had to be ordered. I didn't want to shop around, so I picked up a white gold anklet for $200. The cuts in the metal give it a diamond shine to it.
It looks better in person:

I arrived in Tampa late Friday night. Our massages were 9am Saturday morning. That lasted through 1pm and then we had lunch at Bahama Breeze, on the intercoastal waterway!
After that, I stopped off and took some pictures.
More pictures at this link http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m252/escapest01/Clearwater%2025/

We then relaxed the rest of Saturday.
On Sunday, we did some more relaxing and made a run to Home Depot to check out some lighting.
We had dinner plans at 5pm at Bern’s Steakhouse. http://www.bernssteakhouse.com/
Let me tell you, this place is pretty neat. We are greeted by a veteran. Not sure how long, but from some of his wordage, somewhere in the 25 yr neighborhood. Anyways, Bern’s has been in business for 51 years. It is quite large. It is really dark inside, has a crazy Italian atmosphere to it. They are, if the guy is not mistaken, the only restaurant left in U.S. to age their steaks, which are aged 5-8 weeks depending on the steak cut. They have their own farm where they grow fresh veggies. Anything you do not eat, is used for compost at the farm!
For the four of us, her parents and us two, the bill came to $275! We had some wine, bottles of water, and the appetizers. You can get like 8 different versions of steak. You can get the steaks up to 60 oz. in size. That is what they are known for, but the menu is quite large. They have a wine list of 700 bottles of wine, but we toured their cellar that is currently holding 100,000 bottles! We also toured the kitchen, which is enormous with tons of cooks! Their offsite cellar holds 500,000 wines. Their main cellar has a $10,000 bottle and a 1792 bottle, oldest bottle on premise.
The steak dinner, which I got, was an 8 oz portion. Steaks are cut to order there. It runs $35. The 6 oz is $30. You get a cup of the French onion soup, salad, baked potato, veggies, and fried curly onion rings. 12% gratuity to all checks, which isn't bad at all.
There are 8 dinning rooms, 5 of which hold like 50 people. Three others that hold from 2-7 tables.
The whole upstairs of this place is devoted to desserts!
There are tables inside cubicles that you can dine in and enjoy laughter and desserts. It was like going to eat out just for dessert up there. We were so stuffed we didn’t eat dessert, just did a tour.

The weather was just gorgeous the whole weekend in Tampa, as you can see in the photos!

I made it back to town on Monday and prepared myself for the Texaco meet up.
Basically I will be taking over operations of the Texaco. There are three employees, one being the guy who runs the joint, who is selling it to the lawyer I will be working for.

I found out some gas station info I’ve been curious about and will gladly share it with you all and I hope to find out more info to share. I will also like to accept in the near future, from gp.neters, some help in growing or bettering the operations!

I found out that the gas pricing and control of gas is done by APEC, which bought out Royal Purple. They basically set the prices, and you just change the board/sign. They send daily emails to let you know. Usually prices don’t change on the weekends. Texaco receives $0.06 to every gallon sold, no matter if price goes up or goes down. APEC decides and schedules you to be filled up. So Texaco is not making a bunch of money off of gas, more on the in store items. The station I will be running is the only one in a few mile radius selling diesel, and diesel at all four pumps. It sells reg, med, and prem too, however there are only reg and premium tanks. The med grade is a mixture between reg and prem. What you fill your car up with is a dispenser, and the actually pump is down in the ground inside the tank! FYI

I was gaining ground on the top posters, but I may not be around 24/7 anymore, actually that is a given! My life will be devoted to learning every in and out of the gas station, and coming up with my own ways to make it better!

NO one gets a discount on gas, neither will I, I asked!
The only discount is from credit cards that give you money back or rewards.

#154617 - 04/01/08 01:12 PM Re: My weekend, life adventures PICS; farewell to post whoring
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
There are two pics of you and your girl, three of the car. You definitely belong on this forum. laugh
#154618 - 04/01/08 01:36 PM Re: My weekend, life adventures PICS; farewell to post whoring
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
There are two pics of you and your girl, three of the car. You definitely belong on this forum. laugh
You know youre a car guy if....

oh and BTW, Steve, let me know if you are in tampa at all this summer, maybe we can meet up for the day or something.
#154619 - 04/01/08 02:11 PM Re: My weekend, life adventures PICS; farewell to post whoring
SlickGTP Offline
Loc: Houston, TX
Sounds like y'all hade a great weekend...

I need a break like that sometime. laugh

Kinda sorta, yeah, no?

'02 Black GTP - RIP 03/03/08 ||| '06 Black G35 MT6 - Stock ||| '73 Chevy half ton(resurrected)
#154620 - 04/01/08 02:32 PM Re: My weekend, life adventures PICS; farewell to post whoring
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
im coming down the end of may dont know yet if im driving or not...still have to see how much money i have come the end of may

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#154621 - 04/01/08 10:31 PM Re: My weekend, life adventures PICS; farewell to post whoring
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Nice, seems like all went well.

You said you took all of the advice from gp.net members but I don't see what I told you to do, remember...

You think you slick trying to work at a gas station to get free gas, send me a gas card if you can. lol
#154622 - 04/02/08 12:25 PM Re: My weekend, life adventures PICS; farewell to post whoring
20gtp02 Offline
I cancelled my committment towards the gas station! Back to Post Whoring!!!!!!!

Dre: What you been smoking lately, I want some. Your posts have been crazy hilarious.

Your advice, well I'll keep that to myslef and gf, hehehehe.

#154623 - 04/02/08 10:21 PM Re: My weekend, life adventures PICS; farewell to post whoring
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by 20gtp02:
I cancelled my committment towards the gas station! Back to Post Whoring!!!!!!!

Dre: What you been smoking lately, I want some. Your posts have been crazy hilarious.

Your advice, well I'll keep that to myslef and gf, hehehehe.
lol I don't smoke its just a natural high.

Or maybe the heat from these machines at my job might be damaging my brain cells.