Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#154864 - 03/17/09 07:15 PM armor core 4
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Anyone play it? I picked it up last friday in the used section. That game is bloody hard. The missions are either real short and pointless or dang neer impossible cause you don't get enough credits to tailor your robot thingy for what's required.

I'm thinking of taking it back. Am I just being a wuss or is the game just that bad? I have till friday to swap it out for another game of same value.

What should I do?
#154865 - 03/17/09 07:29 PM Re: armor core 4
jorgs_7 Offline
Loc: Eagan,MN
that game blows. same with all the other (robot) games....

return it and buy GTA IV

or H3 or forza 2, that game takes lotta skill
#154866 - 03/17/09 09:05 PM Re: armor core 4
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
AC4 was easily one of the best AC games to date.

However, because of the whole new quick-boost mechanic, it really took out a lot of the strategy of the previous titles.

I won't ever take the game online simply because I know every battle will be nothing but quick boosting around and see who lands more lucky shots.

Outside of those flaws however, it's cerainly my favorite AC title. The NEXTs feel more fluid and managable on a 360 controller and the whole game plays well mechanically.

The 360 has a very shallow amount of mecha games. Dynasty Warriors: Gundamn doesn't count. Chromehounds could have been an AMAZING online war game but is nothing but a bunch of pilers, turkey mechs, and heavy gunners, and AC4 and AC For Answer take good gameplay of previous titles and improve in some areas while detracting from others.

If it's not your cup of tea, it's completely understandable Herc. The AC series has always been kind of a niche game, mostly due to slow combat and clunky controls (L2 and R2 to look up and down anybody?) FROM Software did what they could to sell to the masses by speeding up the combat and refining the controls. Good or bad choice, it's up to you.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#154867 - 03/18/09 12:05 PM Re: armor core 4
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Loc: Ontario, Canada
I've always loved the Armored Core series and I also thought that that AC4 was the best one.

I do agree though that some missions are very frustrating and near impossible.

It is a very niche game though, you either love it or hate it, it's like FF7 in that way I guess.