Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#155022 - 11/05/09 04:31 PM Shooting at Ft. Hood
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
#155023 - 11/05/09 05:20 PM Re: Shooting at Ft. Hood
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
I was just coming to post it. I've been watching the news for the past hour and a half.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,572305,00.html

My prayers go out to the fallen & injured soldiers and civilians and their families...

I think the location of the initial shooting is quite telling...
#155024 - 11/05/09 05:35 PM Re: Shooting at Ft. Hood
Acefighter Offline
They are saying now that the shooter who was killed was an officer who was about to deploy and was upset about that.

The fact that it's an officer surprises me, that's not what you usually hear.

What's interesting is they are not releasing his name, but the news anchor is talking to Senator Hutchinson, and they both agree that the name is very telling. Call me a racist if you want, but I'm going to guess he was a muslim. Why else would the name be telling?

*EDIT* Yep, he was a muslim convert. There's a shocker.
#155025 - 11/05/09 05:39 PM Re: Shooting at Ft. Hood
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
I lived there for 7 years. I recently moved about 35 miles south. My Kids were pulled out of school today. (they go to school up there) Sad news. Why kill innocent people when you are pissed off and don't want to go to war, if that is the real reason why.
This is the 2nd mass shooting in the area. It is NOT the best place to live, at all. A lot of drugs and violence in general. In 1991, at a Lubys resturaunt, a gunman went in and started shooting. I believe that 23ish innocent lives were lost that day.

The Military base is still locked down, including the schools. No one is allowed on or off base, at all. The base is not cleared and is not secure at the moment.

Here is the local news website. www.kwtx.com

Sad, very sad indeed
#155026 - 11/05/09 05:40 PM Re: Shooting at Ft. Hood
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
I was just gonna post about this.

THIS IS SO IRONIC for me and my dad. Last night, we were talking about gun stuff and personal defense. Well my dad had brought up the story of this one shooting years back in..... TEXAS. Some of you might remember this shooting:

Luby's Massacre (23 killed, 20 wounded)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby\'s_massacre

This is how they reacted to the shooting: "Reacting to the massacre,[8] in 1995 the Texas Legislature passed a shall-issue gun law, which requires that all qualifying applicants be issued a Concealed Handgun License (Texas's required permit to carry concealed weapons), removing the personal discretion of the issuing authority to deny such licenses. The law had been campaigned for by Suzanna Hupp, who was present at the Luby's massacre where both of her parents were shot and killed. Hupp testified across the country in support of concealed-handgun laws, and was elected to the Texas House of Representatives in 1996.[9] The law was signed by then-Governor George W. Bush and became part of a broad movement to allow U.S. citizens to carry concealed firearms.[10]"

Once again, it is just crazy that me and my dad had just talked about a prior shooting years ago and close to the same thing happened today.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families.

#155027 - 11/05/09 05:41 PM Re: Shooting at Ft. Hood
Acefighter Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by TexasGP:
The Military base is still locked down, including the schools. No one is allowed on or off base, at all. The base is not cleared and is not secure at the moment.
What's really mind boggling is that Ft. Hood is the largest U.S. military post at least in the U.S. maybe the world (I've been hearing both). Over 30,000 people on base right now, and it's all locked down. Wow.

*EDIT* Taz, that type of thing is exactly why I applied for, and a week ago received, my concealed handgun license.
#155028 - 11/05/09 05:46 PM Re: Shooting at Ft. Hood
TexasGP Offline
That number is active duty members. Then factor in military families and civilian workers.
They confirmed that all of the WOUNDED were adults and not children. That is at least some good news.
#155029 - 11/05/09 05:48 PM Re: Shooting at Ft. Hood
Acefighter Offline
That's just active duty? That I wasn't aware of. I know they can have 50,000 active duty but many are deployed at the moment.
#155030 - 11/05/09 05:48 PM Re: Shooting at Ft. Hood
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
Quote:
Originally posted by TexasGP:
[b] The Military base is still locked down, including the schools. No one is allowed on or off base, at all. The base is not cleared and is not secure at the moment.
What's really mind boggling is that Ft. Hood is the largest U.S. military post at least in the U.S. maybe the world (I've been hearing both). Over 30,000 people on base right now, and it's all locked down. Wow.

*EDIT* Taz, that type of thing is exactly why I applied for, and a week ago received, my concealed handgun license. [/b]
Sir Yes Sir. I've had mine on my side for about a month now.

#155031 - 11/05/09 05:49 PM Re: Shooting at Ft. Hood
72chevman Offline
Loc: Where Dorthy,Toto & Wicked Wit...
God Bless these families.

Someone must already be nuts in order to do something like this. You would think his fellow soldiers would have seen a crazy streak, but then again, crazy is sometimes a great quality for an infantry troop.

FYI. Ft Hood has had more causalties since Sept 11 than any other base, but if this person did not want to go, then say no, go to jail and be discharged. Do not kill innocent people!

http://www.icasualties.org/Iraq/ByBase.aspx
03 GT, STB, GM HD sway bars, 35% tint, GE893(37watt)fogs, Flowtech Terminators, 180 T-stat, ZZP DP & PCM, Ceramic PLOG & Crossover, 18" glasspack, 2007 17" Mustang Bullits 235/55/17 Pirelli PZero Nero, 12" R1 D\S rotors, gutted air box, GTP radiator
#155032 - 11/05/09 05:51 PM Re: Shooting at Ft. Hood
TexasGP Offline
Like I said, the Killeen area (where Ft Hood Resides) is a horrible town to live in. Too much crime.
#155033 - 11/05/09 05:54 PM Re: Shooting at Ft. Hood
Acefighter Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by 72chevman:
God Bless these families.

Someone must already be nuts in order to do something like this. You would think his fellow soldiers would have seen a crazy streak, but then again, crazy is sometimes a great quality for an infantry troop.

FYI. Ft Hood has had more causalties since Sept 11 than any other base, but if this person did not want to go, then say no, go to jail and be discharged. Do not kill innocent people!

http://www.icasualties.org/Iraq/ByBase.aspx
The thing is, if he did indeed do it for a religious/political statement since he became a muslim, then it wasn't just because he didn't want to deploy. He would have viewed all 30,000+ soldiers on that base as the enemy. THAT is something SOMEONE should have seen...

*EDIT* He had reportedly been voicing his displeasure over deploying to the Middle East, but I guess that's pretty common. And of course, if you speak up and say you're worried he's going to do something, then you are labeled a racist. Stupid PC bull****
#155034 - 11/05/09 06:02 PM Re: Shooting at Ft. Hood
72chevman Offline
Loc: Where Dorthy,Toto & Wicked Wit...
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:

*EDIT* Taz, that type of thing is exactly why I applied for, and a week ago received, my concealed handgun license.
Concealed carry would not have helped these soldiers. Concealed carry is not allowed on any military installation. Even if it is in your car, weapons must be in a locked case and not accessible to occupants. Vehicle can't be left unattended either, so you can't have it in your trunk while you are at work or shopping. Some bases go so far as make you register that you have a weapon in your base house. I was stopped for a random vehicle search a few years back on my way through the gate to my base house coming back from the gun club. My neighbor & I had 4 pistols, two .22 rifles and plenty of ammo. The Security Police at the gate flipped out. I kept a copy of the base regulation dealing with firearms in my glove box just incase. After having to deal with 6 cops and then their boss. I was finally sent on my way.
03 GT, STB, GM HD sway bars, 35% tint, GE893(37watt)fogs, Flowtech Terminators, 180 T-stat, ZZP DP & PCM, Ceramic PLOG & Crossover, 18" glasspack, 2007 17" Mustang Bullits 235/55/17 Pirelli PZero Nero, 12" R1 D\S rotors, gutted air box, GTP radiator
#155035 - 11/05/09 06:03 PM Re: Shooting at Ft. Hood
Acefighter Offline
Chevman, I was referring to the Luby's incident he mentioned.
#155036 - 11/05/09 06:05 PM Re: Shooting at Ft. Hood
Acefighter Offline
Fox News. And apparently the name was officially released, because they just gave the name. Lemme see if I can find it online.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >