Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#156812 - 02/28/05 05:06 PM badder pace car
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
as if thispace car vert wasnt already the bomb, I saw these wheels in another chop that almost identical except they were chrome...so I stretched the rear spoiler and threw on some big meats with these new wheels...to me the result screams supercharged RWD!

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#156813 - 02/28/05 05:14 PM Re: badder pace car
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
That car is sick. I need to wax mine up good like that. My car is the same color but not nearly as shiny. frown

I see you have a thing for large spoilers. Is that the consensus on this board? Personally, I'm kind of torn...I don't like the stock spoiler, but I kind of think I like our cards with no spoiler at all. reminds me of the hot rods from the 1930s with the real curvy back end, low to the ground. Maybe I'm the only one...
#156814 - 02/28/05 05:17 PM Re: badder pace car
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I don't care for the pancake spoiler. I like the looks of the SLP spoiler my self. I was toying with the idea of a NASCAR style spoiler. I think that would be cool with the pace car. OOOOhhh OOOhhh I could also set it up with a servo to adjust the spoiler angle as speed increases.
#156815 - 02/28/05 05:19 PM Re: badder pace car
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Fab work whatsoever. Props given.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#156816 - 02/28/05 05:22 PM Re: badder pace car
UMfan Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
I don't care for the pancake spoiler. I like the looks of the SLP spoiler my self. I was toying with the idea of a NASCAR style spoiler. I think that would be cool with the pace car. OOOOhhh OOOhhh I could also set it up with a servo to adjust the spoiler angle as speed increases.
But you don't like the SE look with no spoiler at all? I don't think it's all that bad myself.

EDIT: Do they still make this spoiler? If I had to choose one, I like this one best. I remember seeing it on PFYC.com years ago (has a third brake light), but like many parts, PFYC no longer has this part.

http://www.clubgpstore.com/art/wing2.jpg
#156817 - 02/28/05 06:03 PM Re: badder pace car
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
I'm undecided on our table-top spoilers.
I would love to change out my spoiler, maybe for one like Jason's.

BTW... nice job on the wheels and spoiler, T-bat.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#156818 - 02/28/05 06:53 PM Re: badder pace car
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
spoilers are a matter of personal taste. I don t think there is a board concensus on the subject other than no one here likes the "rice style king-hell wings" (especially if they are mounted on the roof!LOL)...I believe you can still get the two-leg mount wing from Wings West (they were the supplier)...if the new one that is supposed to be coming from PFYC doesnt strike my fancy then I'll probably go with the GM wing (Jasons car) "03 GP SE model"...I'm really hoping the new wing from PFYC will be much like the 04 "Inferno" style...I'd like to pop for that new front spoiler as well.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#156819 - 02/28/05 07:20 PM Re: badder pace car
UMfan Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
spoilers are a matter of personal taste. I don t think there is a board concensus on the subject other than no one here likes the "rice style king-hell wings" (especially if they are mounted on the roof!LOL)...I believe you can still get the two-leg mount wing from Wings West (they were the supplier)...if the new one that is supposed to be coming from PFYC doesnt strike my fancy then I'll probably go with the GM wing (Jasons car) "03 GP SE model"...I'm really hoping the new wing from PFYC will be much like the 04 "Inferno" style...I'd like to pop for that new front spoiler as well.
Wings West does still have them. Thanks for the link, I will bookmark it. That is the only kind of spoiler I like. Too bad it has so much prep work.