Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#157062 - 08/10/08 12:24 AM I need GPnet love!
20gtp02 Offline
So I was just going to post a thread about those who have bought engagement rings. I wanted to see the prices you all paid.
I am not in the market, was possibly during Christmas.
BUT the story gets better.
The Girlfriend just ended it tonight
So the gf called me up telling me we need to talk. We've been together nearly 3.5 years and known each other for 4 yrs. Well I get ahold of her after work tonight and she said it is in the best interest of the relationship.
Given she is the most honest individual I know, I am 99.5% sure it isn't another guy, but I am not certain. Anyways, I think it is our 155 mile living difference for the past 1.5 years. NOthing in the relationship has changed but that. No fights, nothing. The past year or so she did seem a little distant, I never could get anything out of her, she just said she doesn't know. So she says we are thru and nothing can be done. Being this is my first real relationship, this freakin sucks. I kept telling her there must be something we can do, but she basically says we are done, and I haven't seen her in almost 2 months due to new job. So I am not sure if I am going to see her anytime soon. She also said she doesn't want to get married this time in her life, she is 25. So my plans for furthering this relationship have been and now are shot the hell down. I just don't get how she can just end it like that. There weren't any major problems in the relationship, and she said she didn't talk to anybody about bringing this up with me, she just did it on her own.
So now I plan to have a really crappy night sleep!
Thanks ladies and gents

#157063 - 08/10/08 12:53 AM Re: I need GPnet love!
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
*pats 20gtp02 on the back*

Tell you what, go grab yourself a Miller and look up the Large Hadron Collider on the internet.

You'll feel better knowing that the world is going to end in a month because of some stupid scientists.

OR, you won't be able to sleep at all.

Either way, I'm sorry and I feel for you. Ema's all pissed off at me because I was irritable coming home from a rough day at work (which I put my 2 weeks in a week and a half ago...)

If you need something to occupy your time, I've got piles of World of Warcraft trial codes. You can come hang with me.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#157064 - 08/10/08 01:28 AM Re: I need GPnet love!
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Hang tough big guy,

I can tell you distance is a real killer on a relationship...and it doesnt have to be another guy, just the thought of another guy and too much free time on her hands...there are a million different reasons but be sure of one thing. If it didnt work out then something was missing that would have shown up sooner or later.
It hurts like a monster to chalk one up and move on especially since you had so many thoughts about the future of this one, but I assure you there are better days ahead. I am living proof.

I never in my life thought I would ever wind up this happy with someone...it has exceeded my expectations in every way...and it totally blindsided me...really good things can turn up in places you never expected.
I spent a lot days beating myself up after my first marriage broke up asking myself "what else could I have done?"...the hard answer was "nothing"...almost 4 years is a long time but at least it isnt 18 years and two kids later.

Take deep breath and look in the mirror...and tell yourself you deserve better than this...no one says you wont miss her...I still have plenty of fond memories from my previous marriage but thats what they are, moments and memories...not my future.
You may fall down from this...just keep getting back up...each time you will do so stronger than before.

Here endeth the lesson laugh

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#157065 - 08/10/08 02:19 AM Re: I need GPnet love!
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Well said, T-Bat.

Distance definitely sucks...been there, done that, don't want to do it again.

I wish I could say it won't hurt, but that would be a lie. But time will make it feel better.

And don't forget, we're always here for you. smile
#157066 - 08/10/08 07:09 AM Re: I need GPnet love!
theone2043 Offline
Loc: Pocono, PA
hey steve sorry to hear that. If you need to talk you know how to get a hold of me.
#157067 - 08/10/08 07:16 AM Re: I need GPnet love!
brown Offline
Loc: Belleville, MI
Breaking up always sucks.

I've been through the long distance relationship fiasco. She pretty much blind sided me when she dumped me. It sucked, but my friends kept me busy to keep my mind off it.
#157068 - 08/10/08 10:01 AM Re: I need GPnet love!
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
i did the long distance thing. it sucks.

Steve: if you ever need to get away, my door is open man. Call me if you need anything. Im sorry to hear about what happened, and i can only imagine what it feels like to have someone be with you for so long to end it. Just stay busy, and give the GP all of that love.
#157069 - 08/10/08 10:47 AM Re: I need GPnet love!
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Yea,long distance relationships sucks alot. I have did it once in my life to a girl I knew in North Carolina.

Sorry about your pain but personally I think your girlfriend might have to skeletons in her closet. THe reason why I say that is because ya'll always get along and seems like your a good guy and all of a sudden she breaks it off. I know the long distance thing was a reason but it has to be something more than that. Maybe next time you see her, take her somewhere where and ya'll talk about everything.
#157070 - 08/10/08 12:07 PM Re: I need GPnet love!
20gtp02 Offline
Thanks fellas. I have soo many questions I thought about from last night after a phone conversation. But I can't end on a phone conversation, that isn't me and I hope that isn't her.
I know the last time we hung it things were pretty good. I met her at her job and met her co-workers.
Her mom adores me!!
I think she just doesn't know what she wants in life now.
And all my friends and people we know, say I can do better, but she can't do better than me!
Which, IMHO, is 99% true. Cause one can't be 100% perfect for someone else.

edit: Her myspace is now set to private, which I got to find out why.

#157071 - 08/10/08 12:35 PM Re: I need GPnet love!
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
Sorry about that. frown

You say she put myspace is now set to private? I think she might find other guy. I'm not saying it is true. I use myspace often so I know little bit. If it is under your friend list but she put private then I think she block you.
#157072 - 08/10/08 12:54 PM Re: I need GPnet love!
20gtp02 Offline
No, we aren't friends on there. I basically have a fake account on there, just to view pics and what not. I don't care for myspace, lame.
The only other guy possible is her long ago ex, that she had a long relationship with. He lives in Virginia now, was California. I hope to speak to her again this week to figure more things out. She said we were becoming too much as friends, but isn't that what you want a person to be your best friend basically. I don't know, I couldn't ever figure out what the deal was, and still don't. I hope she sheds some light on it for me.

#157073 - 08/10/08 01:34 PM Re: I need GPnet love!
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
Hopefully, she will tell you what is wrong. Maybe she is now slut/whore. lol Just kidding. Sometimes any girls don't want to tell what is real happen. Good luck for trying get her tell you what is all about. It will be always other girl if she doesn't want back with you.
#157074 - 08/10/08 02:43 PM Re: I need GPnet love!
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
want me to request her as a friend and take a look for you?
#157075 - 08/10/08 03:08 PM Re: I need GPnet love!
20gtp02 Offline
you can try, but she won't do it, she won't add random people

#157076 - 08/10/08 04:09 PM Re: I need GPnet love!
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
cant you talk to one of her friends steve? I mean some of them gotta be good friends with you and are willing to watch your back incase something like this happened??

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >