Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#157077 - 08/10/08 05:11 PM Re: I need GPnet love!
00grandprixgt Offline
Loc: Wall Lake Iowa
sorry to hear man , this shows how close the car community is then any other community. Were all basically like a "big supercharged family"

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
soon to come: projectors,exhaust work, 3.4 setup.
#157078 - 08/10/08 06:15 PM Re: I need GPnet love!
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
If she is taking steps to not comminucate with you then she is done. Her Mom might like you just fine but that doesnt matter. While its probably true that she doesnt really know what she wants you might as well give up on thinking that you can help her find out...or change her mind... or help her "see the light"

I can tell you from experience that women will shield things like this all in the name of "I didnt want to hurt his feelings"...well too bad baby cuz thats already been taken care of...my ex used to lay that one on me on many occasions and it was the most senseless thing I've ever heard. Yes, sometimes the truth hurts but its still the truth.
All you can hope to find out is something you probably dont really want to hear...but if you do find out then it will at least give you some closure.
I've seen my son go thru this kind of thing as well (he is your age)...but he finally let go and moved on and he is all the better for it now. Much stronger and wary of such things and more confident in himself.
Dont wear yourself down trying to figure out what has changed with her...you cant change other peoples minds...they have to do that on their own. If she wanted to put things back together then she wouldnt be shutting you out (ie the myspace thing)...if she isnt "meeting you halfway" then she isnt trying very hard...and what does that say?

Long distance can work but it takes major dedication...I travelled back and forth to NY for almost two years before my wife and I finally got married...but we both worked hard at it because we knew it was what we wanted. That took both of us to make that work...if it had been tilted one way or the other it never would have lasted.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#157079 - 08/10/08 07:08 PM Re: I need GPnet love!
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by 20gtp02:
She said we were becoming too much as friends, but isn't that what you want a person to be your best friend basically.
That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. T-bat or someone else who is happily married, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you sort of want your spouse to be one of your best friends (among other things, of course)?
#157080 - 08/10/08 08:20 PM Re: I need GPnet love!
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by 20gtp02:
you can try, but she won't do it, she won't add random people
it was just a thought. lmk
#157081 - 08/10/08 08:21 PM Re: I need GPnet love!
ordonez1307 Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by 00grandprixgt:
sorry to hear man , this shows how close the car community is then any other community. Were all basically like a "big supercharged family"
dont you have to be supercharged to make those kind of statements wink
#157082 - 08/10/08 11:00 PM Re: I need GPnet love!
00grandprixgt Offline
Loc: Wall Lake Iowa
Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
Quote:
Originally posted by 00grandprixgt:
[b] sorry to hear man , this shows how close the car community is then any other community. Were all basically like a "big supercharged family"
dont you have to be supercharged to make those kind of statements wink [/b]
laugh maybe

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
soon to come: projectors,exhaust work, 3.4 setup.
#157083 - 08/10/08 11:54 PM Re: I need GPnet love!
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
dang man sorry to hear about this, if it makes you feel any better (idk how it will) but my gf broke up with me too, after 18 months she ended it.
#157084 - 08/10/08 11:57 PM Re: I need GPnet love!
20gtp02 Offline
Yah, Tbat, she said that exactly, I didn't want to hurt you. I just want to know how long this was taking place, and other small questions answered. I'm not quite sure what she wants, and I feel she doesn't either. I called and texted soo many people that it is now helping me out. I had work today and is was soo difficult there. I nearly fainted, don't have an appetite and just kept wondering how I was blind sided and how the heck she could do that. I guess I was way more dedicated. I just wish, maybe not, but it was actaully a mutual break up, or something with more substance than this, like a typical break up. Who knows, it's my first one. I just hate to lose any relationships with those I met during the way!! I really thought we could be married, but she never was 100% interested in that idea.
I'd just like some answers and to at least see her face to face to really be broken apart, I'm not the guy to just walk away like that, I actually care for woman, or those that will accept it.

#157085 - 08/11/08 01:53 AM Re: I need GPnet love!
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
If youre that dedicated (and it sounds like she never was as much) then I'll tell you now, you deserve better. My wife will tell you in pretty short order that the big difference with me was that I wasnt spooked by the concept of commitment like so many others. Yes you do want her to be your best friend...but that comes second...she will be that because of intimacy and trust. Inever have to worry about slipping up because I have nothing to hide to begin with. I dont care if I talk in my sleep cheers

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#157086 - 08/11/08 03:55 AM Re: I need GPnet love!
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
A wise old man told me once..."some will say marriage (or relationships for that matter) are supposed to be a 50/50 thing. Thats nothing but crap...you have to be willing to give 100% and so does she...that way you dont just meet in the middle, youre there for each other all the way."
Wow...I'd never thought of it that way. That's a very good point.
#157087 - 08/11/08 10:47 AM Re: I need GPnet love!
ordonez1307 Offline
steve: i really think that T-bat speaks the truth. Listen to what he said. Especially about the face-to-face closure thing. I really think that i will make things harder on you.

Come over and help me make my brackets for my intercooler stuff.
#157088 - 08/11/08 12:59 PM Re: I need GPnet love!
20gtp02 Offline
I'm just that kind of man, I need the substance.
It's been about two months since we seen one another. And that last time things were pretty good, from what I thought. I'd just like to see again what I was seeing for 3.5 years. I plan to call up her mom and let her mom know of the situation and to let me know if everything else is ok with Ashley, gf. I always gave 100%, but your right it takes two to do that. And she never did seem to give that 100% back, no matter what I did or what we did together.
I'm a if it doesn't make sense guy, I will find out how it makes sense. And so far, things aren't making a whole lot of sense besides the distance issue. I guess just talking to anyone I know, helps alot!! Just hearing different opinions and things like that keeps me going. I'v never had my insides tremble soo much before for such a long period of time.
It's almost like she pulled the plug while I was lying asleep with a comma. She just gave up on me. I never expected her, of all people, to really do such a thing.
She doesn't have many friends, only friends from highschool, which are as far away as me or much farther. Her mom is her only true company down there. Her dad is a wack!!
One would think she'd at least keep me around for being the great guy that I am, but I guess that is what I want her to think.
I just don't like the fact that the past 6 months or so seemed fine, and we had taht 3 yr anniversary, she came up and bought me clothes, she said she loved me, I met her co-workers, and bam "sheot his the fan". That just bugs me.

#157089 - 08/11/08 01:11 PM Re: I need GPnet love!
BoostenGTP Offline
Hang in there bro, we are in the same boat. it sucks i know, it hurts for sure, but we'll get through it.
#157090 - 08/11/08 04:23 PM Re: I need GPnet love!
ordonez1307 Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by BoostenGTP02:
Hang in there bro, we are in the same boat, lets ride to shore together. it sucks i know, it hurts for sure, but we'll get through it.
i dont think steve is gay wink
#157091 - 08/11/08 04:38 PM Re: I need GPnet love!
BoostenGTP Offline
LMFAO didnt mean it like that!
edited to sound a little less gay lmao