Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#15723 - 12/19/06 11:54 PM Re: Squeaky Sound When Hitting Bumps
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
After several trips to exhaust shops and a few times being robbed by mechanics claiming it is the ball joints, I still have the problem.

It must be the swaybars. The noise is coming from the rear. Any advice on how to check them out? When I moved them, they looked pretty solid to me.

I've been dealing with this noise TOO LONG!

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#15724 - 12/20/06 10:13 AM Re: Squeaky Sound When Hitting Bumps
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
The noise is actually comming from my rear facia. When I tap it, and I mean tap it, it makes the EXACT same squeaky noise I hear when I am driving.

Just to think, all that times I went to the mechanic and chucked out $$$ just to find out...well no need to repeat myself. Guess I still needed to vent.

Is the facial making this noise because something is loose? Metal is bent inside? Once I get this fixed, then I can officially say "There is nothing wrong with my car."

EDIT: It was still worth the trip to the exhaust shot. They did fix the exhaust drone (under the rear facial) and the exaust tip hitting the rear facial. Only thing left is the facia itself :p

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#15725 - 12/20/06 10:12 PM Re: Squeaky Sound When Hitting Bumps
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Check all your brackets. You may have a broken one