#157362 - 11/21/07 04:06 PM Re: The Gamer Thread
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
You have it? TELL ME ABOUT IT. lol

Pleeeease~ One of my friends has it, but he's not telling me enough! smirk
#157363 - 11/21/07 04:47 PM Re: The Gamer Thread
Dthreap Offline
Loc: Canal Fulton, OH
I've been Working on a Runescape Classic Private server. It's all coded in java and such. smile

#157364 - 11/21/07 04:56 PM Re: The Gamer Thread
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Mass Effect is like a Halo type shooter with more of an RPG feel.... best way I can describe it.... Well worth the $60 price tag, only played it for about an hour so far but NOT disapointed.... From the looks of it there is allot of replay value in it because you can go back and choose diffrent paths....
#157365 - 11/21/07 06:56 PM Re: The Gamer Thread
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
I'm only leery of Mass Effect because honestly, I was VERY disappointed in KOTOR and it left a real bad taste in my mouth.

Is the combat first person shooter, or like a 3rd person shooter? Also, are shots scored based on a "dice roll" or is it like an FPS where if a shot connects, it connects?

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#157366 - 11/22/07 12:36 AM Re: The Gamer Thread
Acefighter Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Arcxnus:
o_O .. You didn't like Carbon?
No, it was too cheap. No matter what, their car was better than yours, and no matter what, the cops always knew where you were, and would appear. It was to aggrevating, and not remotely fun. (However, the drift events WERE fun).

I liked Underground 2, but I never have finished it. I'm near the end, but lost interest. Most Wanted kicks all *** though. I just get on that game, pull out the 'Stang, and get in 30+ minute police chases. It just needs more customization.

Another interesting game (although it's no where near as good as NFS) is Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights. The physics are completely messed up, but it's still kinda fun. Besides, it's fun kickin' some ricer *** with the G6, then the GTO, then the GTO Judge, etc... Although that game is DEFINITELY a rent-before-you-buy-it game.
#157367 - 11/22/07 01:40 AM Re: The Gamer Thread
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
I bought a 360 specifically for Assassin's Creed on the day AC came out. I'm kind of disappointed with it. I thought it would be a more "open" game like Grand Theft Auto. I was looking forward to pillaging villages and just doing stupid stuff when I was bored.

What I got instead was a very rigid storyline and a lot of background that all looks the same. I really agree with IGN's review that it had SO much more potential and is thus a disappointment.

Luckily my 360 came with Marvel Heros and Forza2, so I've just been playing Forza nonstop. Someday I'll go back and play AC some more. But for now it's the 2nd or 3rd best game I have.
#157368 - 11/22/07 06:45 PM Re: The Gamer Thread
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
i bought mass effect, assassins creed, kane and lynch, need for speed pro street, call of duty 4(all on their respective release dates it really sucks working at a game store). out of all of them assassins creed and COD 4 are the best. i hope COD 4 wins game of the year. i haven't gotten into mass effect much but it is a third person shooter the accuracy of the guns isn't all that good at the beginning but as you progress through the game you find new guns and parts as well as you level up and are able to gain new abilities. need for speed was a little disappointing not really worth 60 but an ok game none the less i would wait for a price drop. kain and lynch was pathetic when its easier in a game to crouch down and shoot over the wall and kill people then it is to get up and aim at them you know there are some problems.

#157369 - 11/24/07 06:51 PM Re: The Gamer Thread
UMfan Offline
Ok I take back what I said about Assassin's Creed. I took it off my crappy 32" TV and hooked it up to my 50" plasma. It's a lot better now that I can read the maps and see things in detail.

It's still kind of repetitive, but it's good.
#157370 - 11/25/07 03:50 PM Re: The Gamer Thread
DoberManJT Offline
Loc: North Carolina - Raleigh/Cary
Mass Effect has kept me from ranking up on Halo 3 live for the past five days, that is an accomplishment!

If you enjoyed the storytelling aspect of Kotor you will enjoy the "flavor" of mass effect. Lots of political intrigue, 'gray' morality, adult (not necessarily sexual) situations and themes. Simply put it's not just "go kill the behemoth monster to save the village!" jap-RPG style gameplay.

If you couldn't stand kotor and are not good at planning your battles and thinking out your decisions in advance you probably will not enjoy Mass Effect. For everyone else, it's worth the cost!

04 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, LPE intake system, headers, dyno tune from "RPM"

http://photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dobermanjt/GrandPrix/
#157371 - 11/25/07 04:23 PM Re: The Gamer Thread
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
PS3 or 360

PS3 - 80 gig, free motorstorm, free online play, Blu-ray (most inexpensive on the market), More potential in future, Home suppose to come out, takes longer for games to come out, overheats, big, (I have PS headset)

360 - Elite 120 gig, free forza, free ult. all., free headset and month online gameplay, prolly better online play than PS, more games out, overheats, u have to pay for online play in the future, Red Ring of Death, have to buy wireless router

well in a nutshell, i dont know which one to buy. both have pros and cons. This is a very debatable subject. I see everyone else has a 360, but what is your take on the two consoles.

#157372 - 11/25/07 04:28 PM Re: The Gamer Thread
20gtp02 Offline
I've got a Modded Xbox, hehehe! Got games on its HD for Ninetendo for gosh sakes. It's awesome. Sega games, N64, you name it. I never use it though.

#157373 - 11/25/07 06:24 PM Re: The Gamer Thread
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
Quote:
Originally posted by tazfootball2:
360 - Elite 120 gig, free forza, free ult. all., free headset and month online gameplay, prolly better online play than PS, more games out, overheats, u have to pay for online play in the future, Red Ring of Death, have to buy wireless router
um there are a few things wrong with this one they put the new falcon processor in the systems so no more over heating. two now that you dont have the over heating issue no more red rings of death which was caused by the processor overheating and melting the aluminum solder points. and finally you dont have to buy a wireless router i have 150 feet of cat 5 running to my 360.

#157374 - 11/25/07 06:36 PM Re: The Gamer Thread
Arcxnus Offline
PS3 has no good games that can't be found on the 360 too. Most, if not all, of those games also tend to look and play better on the 360. Xbox Live is free, the only thing you have to pay for is the ability to play against other people over your connection, and it's only like 7-10 dollars a month, depending on how many months you pay for in advance at the time. 360 has way more online games also, and I don't see anything in Sony's future releases that holds anything of a promise for them except for Metal Gear, but even Konami has begun to show doubt as to whether they will keep that game single-platform. Sony has had major problems with losing their exclusives, like Devil May Cry and Assassin's Creed.

And like Jeremy said, the are updated their console a lot, and when I had my RRoD, I had a brand new console within a week of sending my old one to them. No complaints. My friend's PS3 gets way hotter than my 360, which led to a joke about since it doesn't have any games, we were going to turn it into a barbecue grill.

Forza > MotorStorm. End of that issue.

Blu-Ray and HD is an insipid argument, both look almost the same. And with the 'most inexpensive' object on the market, you can expect to get what you pay for.

You don't have to buy a wireless router either. Mine is cat5'd with no problems.

Example: I used to be a hardcore Sony gamer, I hated Xbox with a passion. I had good expectations for the PS3, I wanted it big time. But the closer it got, and the more they kept taking away from it, the better Xbox began to look. It was a slow process, but eventually all my love for Sony has been chipped away. Xbox isn't the best thing evar, but it is the best system for hardcore gaming right now.
#157375 - 11/25/07 07:56 PM Re: The Gamer Thread
Acefighter Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Arcxnus:
PS3 has no good games that can't be found on the 360 too.
That would be what's killing the PS3 right now - no good exclusive games. Letting GTA go to the 360 was one of the worst possible things that could happen to the PS3.

I prefer Sony, but I'm not a Sony fanboy. I don't really like any of the new systems, for different reasons, but I do plan on getting both a 360 and a PS3.

I for the PS3 overheating, it's more or less been proven that it only overheats when in an inclosed space (i.e. in a game store). Leave it in an open area in your house, and I hear of very few overheating.

Besides, with all that power in it, you can't blame it for getting a kinda hot...so does my Alienware laptop, and so does the engine bay in my GTP. Power = heat. laugh
#157376 - 11/25/07 11:13 PM Re: The Gamer Thread
UMfan Offline
I have a 360 because that's what my friends have. It's so much better to be able to share games and play online with the same system.

But I also have a friend who works for a video game company and he says the programmers are having a hard time programming games for the PS3. That's why you see a lot of delays, bugs, etc. It's why the new Grand Theft was delayed...because Sony didn't want them to release is on 360 first while the programmers tried to figure out the bugs. So they delayed the entire release...just because of the PS3.

FWIW I went with the middle of the road 360 which comes with a smaller hard drive. The hard drives are easily swappable, so I can always upgrade later when the prices drop. But, you need the hard drive in order to have backwards compatibility for old XBox games. This was a must for me. Also, the mid level has HDMI output which is also a "must".

While the PS3 does come with Blu Ray, it costs at least $100 more than a 360. The 360 however, has an add-on HD DVD drive if you want to pay $150. So it comes out close... but since nobody knows if HD DVD or Blu Ray will win the format wars, it's kind of pointless to really invest a lot in either for the DVD capabilities.
Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19 >