Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#158771 - 03/22/09 08:58 PM highway shoulder
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
When I'm heading to my dad's apt for watch Bristol race together in the morning. I'm ready to get in the highway from route. I saw around 1995 stock Chevy Monte Carlo (few rusty quarter panel and little damage) have nice shiny wheel sitting on highway shoulder. I think it is 22 or 24 wheel size either. Yeah, it has lift like offroad truck. There is no one around that car. I was thinking that I bet if that car is sitting until night then someone might will steal it. Around 5 hours later after the race is over. I'm heading back to my home. I saw opposite lane that car is sitting with rotor on the ground. I just holy crap! Did they DARE steal it on daytime? Or did owner take it with them? Hard to tell. That's crazy. There is no orange ticket on this window yet. I'm sure police will look confused to see that car without wheels on highway shoulder. lol
#158772 - 03/22/09 10:54 PM Re: highway shoulder
20gtp02 Offline
Some one grabbed them, or owner went back and grabbed them.

#158773 - 03/22/09 11:11 PM Re: highway shoulder
palsut Offline
I thought it was weird to do that. I have seen it at parking lot. Highway shoulder is my first time to see that. If it is really thief then they are brave to do that during daytime with 200+ people driving on 3 lanes.

If it is really owner then I wonder if owner will get charge for remove that wheel and left that junk car behind on highway shoulder? Like they will track owner from plate # info. which it is still on that car. I know some owner will take plate with them if car broken.
#158774 - 03/22/09 11:11 PM Re: highway shoulder
jorgs_7 Offline
Loc: Eagan,MN
thats so lol though ...
#158775 - 03/22/09 11:17 PM Re: highway shoulder
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
Its a good idea to invest in wheel lug locks...of course there not always going to stop someone but there going to sure as hell give them a harder time.

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#158776 - 03/22/09 11:26 PM Re: highway shoulder
palsut Offline
Yeah, I have 20 gorilla lock for my new 18" wheel. I hate people trying steal it. They have no respect. If you want that badly then earn it yourself to get that wheel. I guess that's part of life.

My 1st car was 1990 Chevy Corisca. It was steel wheel. So I brought cool "fake chrome" hub cap from Meijer. lol I was young and cheap. I installed them on my car. I have it for 2 weeks. They were stolen. It is only like 25-30 buck. I just like geez next time I'm bring next car with REAL alloy wheel which I did that. lol
#158777 - 03/23/09 02:00 AM Re: highway shoulder
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
When you think about it, it's not really that big of a deal. No one's going to pay you any attention, and even if they do, they'll probably just assume your the owner. As long as a cop doesn't drive by and decide to check and make sure you are ok (which is fairly unlikely) then you are safe.

If you know what you are doing, you could have it done & be gone in five minutes, which is longer than the police response time would be anyway.
#158778 - 03/24/09 12:27 PM Re: highway shoulder
jorgs_7 Offline
Loc: Eagan,MN
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
When you think about it, it's not really that big of a deal. No one's going to pay you any attention, and even if they do, they'll probably just assume your the owner. As long as a cop doesn't drive by and decide to check and make sure you are ok (which is fairly unlikely) then you are safe.

If you know what you are doing, you could have it done & be gone in five minutes, which is longer than the police response time would be anyway.
what do you have plan ?! lol

but its totally true, just leave it sittin' on a block just to be nice, instead of hurting the rotors LOL
#158779 - 03/25/09 03:22 AM Re: highway shoulder
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
What I have planned is for me to know & you to find out. :p

But if you don't care enough about someone else's property to keep from stealing it, you're not going to care enough to keep the rest of it in good condition. no
#158780 - 03/25/09 04:51 AM Re: highway shoulder
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
in dallas one time i passed a car that had broken down and they parked it in a section of dividers that made a Y the car was fine when i drove by the first time i went by it again the next day and it was just a shell everthing was gone the wheels the hood and trunk all 4 doors everything.