Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#158932 - 03/26/06 06:18 PM Bristol Race
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Did anyone watch it? Those last few laps were fun. I love Bristol and really hope I can see a race there.
#158933 - 03/26/06 06:41 PM Re: Bristol Race
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I flipped between that and Deadliest catch. Think JG will get fined for his little outburst?
#158934 - 03/26/06 06:43 PM Re: Bristol Race
2fast4u Offline
Loc: Livonia, MI
Bristol is always a great race, if Jeff gets fined, tony and Matt should to....

Mods: 11.87@115 strictly stock
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-GTP-burnout_207724.htm
#158935 - 03/26/06 08:21 PM Re: Bristol Race
UMfan Offline
2fast, I think Herc was referring to when Gordon shoved Kenseth after the race. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a small 5k fine or something.

I also liked when they had Truex's crew chief on audio and he slipped a "shit" past the censor.

EDIT: Herc, is "deadliest catch" that show about alaskan fishing? I watched one show that followed the lives of commercial fishermen and it was insane.
#158936 - 03/26/06 08:27 PM Re: Bristol Race
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
The race wasn't in delay. Whenever they would scan across the pole tower, the screen on top was in perfect timing with the camera shot.
I liked the cable cam at this track better. It works better at short tracks.
Great race. I told a guy at work he needed to have Kurt on his fantasy team, he took JJ instead... whoops.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#158937 - 03/26/06 08:40 PM Re: Bristol Race
BTC13 Offline
Loc: Neptune Beach, FL
You've got to love Bristol, and any other track that's one mile or shorter. I do have to say that Kennseth should put Dale Jarrett in the wall at the safest and earliest opportunity. Jarrett was lap(s) down and should have gotten the hell out of the race for the win. I wouldn't be surprised to see J. Gordon get hit with a fine and docked a few points. I personnally don't think he should be disciplined at all, this type of behavior is what made Nascar the great sport that it is. I feel that Nascar is going to feel the hurt that Indy went through if they don't make some major changes real soon. Need to bring back some of the rules from the 60's/70's, especially pertaining to the cars bodies. Hey, if they don't sell it on the showroom floor, it aint running on the track.
Yes, Deadliest catch id the show about Alaska crab fishing. Awesome show.
1994 Ford Mustang
1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby T II(putting back together)
#158938 - 03/26/06 09:11 PM Re: Bristol Race
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Yep Crab fishing in AK. They are prepping us for Season two on Tuesday I can't wait.
#158939 - 03/26/06 11:29 PM Re: Bristol Race
UMfan Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:
The race wasn't in delay. Whenever they would scan across the pole tower, the screen on top was in perfect timing with the camera shot.
I liked the cable cam at this track better. It works better at short tracks.
Great race. I told a guy at work he needed to have Kurt on his fantasy team, he took JJ instead... whoops.
Huh. I thought after some of the swearing and fines last year that NASCAR decided to tape delay everything.

I had Kurt on my fantasy team this week. But I'm kicking myself for switching someone for Harvick. I must have been smoking something. Not sure what I was thinking when I did it.
#158940 - 03/26/06 11:31 PM Re: Bristol Race
UMfan Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by BTC13:
You've got to love Bristol, and any other track that's one mile or shorter. I do have to say that Kennseth should put Dale Jarrett in the wall at the safest and earliest opportunity. Jarrett was lap(s) down and should have gotten the hell out of the race for the win. I wouldn't be surprised to see J. Gordon get hit with a fine and docked a few points. I personnally don't think he should be disciplined at all, this type of behavior is what made Nascar the great sport that it is. I feel that Nascar is going to feel the hurt that Indy went through if they don't make some major changes real soon. Need to bring back some of the rules from the 60's/70's, especially pertaining to the cars bodies. Hey, if they don't sell it on the showroom floor, it aint running on the track.
Yes, Deadliest catch id the show about Alaska crab fishing. Awesome show.
Was Jarrett laps down? My fiancee is a Jarrett fan so I have been giving her grief all day. She thought he was fighting to stay on the lead lap... either way Kenseth owes him one.

I agree about short tracks, they are by far my favorite. Bristol, Darlington, Martinsville, Dover... oh man I love them. They can keep the 2 mile superspeedways and road courses. Those are boring.
#158941 - 03/27/06 08:21 AM Re: Bristol Race
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
I really dont like Jeff Gordon at all, so this is pretty biased. But, did anyone notice that Gordon kept his helmet on when he pushed Kenseth...
#158942 - 03/27/06 08:29 AM Re: Bristol Race
AustinGTP Offline
Dale Jarrett did finish on the lead lap.
I thought he was a couple of laps down and should have gotten out of the way. Now that I realize he was fighting to stay on the lead lap, I understand a little better why he was doing what he was doing.
I expect Martin Truex's crew chief will be fined $25k and docked 25 points for his choice of words. I personally think this is a waste. You should be fined if the network monitors your radio and doesn't put it in delay. Before each race just about every team will come on their radio and explain in there own words that the broadcast has a chance of being rated PG or R due to language. Fine the network for not putting a delay on, they're the ones who broadcasted it over the television.
I remember a number of years back when the netwok miked Dale Jarrett's then crew chief Todd Parrett. They were having issues and the guys in the booth went to see what Todd was saying. I thought "this isn't going to be good, they better have him on delay". They didn't. Todd said "I'll put for shocks on that motherf*cker"... whoops.

ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#158943 - 03/27/06 09:54 AM Re: Bristol Race
UMfan Offline
Bobby,

Well, even though Jarrett was on the lead lap, I still don't understand why he didn't move over. Only the top 4-5 leaders would have passed him, so he wouldn't have lost any positions. I just hate when slower cars help determine the outcome.

I agree with you about the networks and fines. Personally, I'm not offended by colorful language, but people need to understand that it happens...a LOT in the garages, and that this is a very stressful event. Words slip out. I really don't like when they penalize people for saying that stuff in the heat of the moment. I do think it's ok to fine people if they swear in their victory or post race speaches though.

Ordonez,
Yes, I liked how Gordon kept his helmet on. He was Mr. Bigshot shoving Kenseth around while he had full protection on. Kenseth is so calm though he didn't even react. In fact, the expression on his face was more like "what he heck?"
#158944 - 03/27/06 06:19 PM Re: Bristol Race
AustinGTP Offline
You are correct UM, Jarrett wasn't going to loose any positions if he would have let the leaders go, but there's just something about finishing on the lead lap versus finishing a lap down, at the closing laps. If it were in the middle of the race, yes Jarrett should move over and let the leaders go buy, but with 10 to go... lead lap versus 1 lap down.
I'm going to have to lean towards finishing on the lead lap.

Also, being on a short track I don't blame anyone for flying off the handle at the end of the race. Tempors will get hot. Kenseth even agreed that he should have waited awhile before approaching Gordon. Personally I really don't think there will be any fines handed down for what happened after the race. At most Gordon might get hit with a small $5000 fine. We'll see what NASCAR does tomorrow.

#158945 - 03/28/06 07:59 PM Re: Bristol Race
UMfan Offline
The verdict is 10k fine and probation until August. The probation is a little more severe than I expected, but still a slap on the wrist.
#158946 - 03/28/06 08:27 PM Re: Bristol Race
HercMan(Rob) Offline
I was curious if they would or not being how JG is just about their poster boy if they'd look the other way but it looks like NASCAR is trying to look like a family show cowtoeing to the sponsers so. Being how JG is such a poster boy I'm not surprised at the probation. But it's funny though. It's stuff like that that keeps people watching the race.
#158947 - 03/28/06 09:10 PM Re: Bristol Race
2fast4u Offline
Loc: Livonia, MI
Kenseth eek looked scared to death when Gordon pushed him. anyway, wouldent it be weird to fight with a helmut on? that would be so...so....so...umm(searching for words)...unbalenced :rolleyes: ????

Mods: 11.87@115 strictly stock
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-GTP-burnout_207724.htm
#158948 - 03/28/06 10:34 PM Re: Bristol Race
AustinGTP Offline
I thought $10K was a bit steep, but that's NASCAR's decision.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >