Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#159282 - 01/01/10 10:51 PM Re: New Years Resolution
Richard Candelario Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
Don't sweat it. We actually appreciate it.
More than one could, including myself, can imagine.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#159283 - 01/02/10 04:26 AM Re: New Years Resolution
00grandprixgt Offline
Loc: Wall Lake Iowa
Mine has been to work harder in school, get my car good enough i can show it ,lose weight,and find a girl!

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
soon to come: projectors,exhaust work, 3.4 setup.
#159284 - 01/02/10 04:29 AM Re: New Years Resolution
StreetShaker Offline
Loc: Tyrone, Central PA
If I have to make one its a multiple choice one!

A.) Get my car Fixed and how I want it

B.) Get S/C'd Regal

C.) Get a GXP

Talk to me again January 1, 2011 and I bet nothings changed!!!!

"Mr. Mom"
#159285 - 01/05/10 02:54 AM Re: New Years Resolution
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I think many of who thank people in the military (at least with me) is because we missed the chance to serve ourselves. Maybe when we were younger we were too scared or didnt see its value, but later you begin to see all that it holds.

To many I'm sure it became a career choice, and being thanked would seem strange for doing your job, but in reality there is a great deal that many of you have had to endure for the sake of your service time. The changes in orders, the relocations, the less than stellar pay just to name a few...but always in the background is the chance that you may be called on to carry out service that could be life threatening. Many of us would immediately balk at such a job, and I'm sure none of you relish the prospect, but the fact remains that you knew that risk and you still move forward. This becomes even more emotionally challenging when there is family left behind.

We have been on the outside looking in, and we have seen the sorrow of those who were lost and the scars it leaves, so when you see someone who puts on the uniform, a uniform that says you have a level of dedication to do a job that your country asks you to place ahead of your own flesh and blood,and that's no small task.

To you its a job, a means to another end, and I would imagine you look forward to the day that you step down and breathe a sigh of relief that you finally made it.

Yet in the sage words of Morpheus to Neo...
"There is difference between knowing the path, and walking the path. I can show you the door,but you have to be the one who walks thru it."

While that is just a line from a movie, it speaks volumes about those who put on the colors of our nation, who give of themselves for greater good. To you, your part may seem minor, but to many of us you are a stripe on the flag, a feather on the eagle's wing and the claws on his talons...maybe many of us see you as what maybe we wished we had done...but we are proud and glad that you did.

Just like pro sports, the veterans step down and the rookies rise up. We can cheer for sports teams but there is only one real "America's Team"...and it dont belong to Jerry Jones.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#159286 - 01/06/10 11:05 PM Re: New Years Resolution
proudgtp&gxpowner Offline
Loc: greenwich,ohio
yes thanks for all you do from the bottom of mine and my families heart. you are very appreciated.
#159287 - 01/07/10 06:08 PM Re: New Years Resolution
jlindahl2571 Offline
Loc: Massachusetts
To be a better man and appreciate others more.
#159288 - 01/07/10 09:39 PM Re: New Years Resolution
proudgtp&gxpowner Offline
Loc: greenwich,ohio
to appreicate things more and spend all the time i can with my daughter. cant wait til spring, she loves watching daddy drag race lol
#159289 - 01/12/10 01:09 AM Re: New Years Resolution
72chevman Offline
Loc: Where Dorthy,Toto & Wicked Wit...
If you are looking to help the troops, check these sites out. They are always looking for volunteers and or small items to send to the guys and gals who are serving where they can't get to a store for the "little" things they need. I personally keep in touch with friends of mine who deploy and send them stuff all the time. Even if it is their favorite chewing gum, car magazines, chapstick, moisture wicking socks, kool aid drink or gatorade drink packets to put in bottled water etc.

http://www.operationhomefront.net/

http://www.anysoldier.com/
03 GT, STB, GM HD sway bars, 35% tint, GE893(37watt)fogs, Flowtech Terminators, 180 T-stat, ZZP DP & PCM, Ceramic PLOG & Crossover, 18" glasspack, 2007 17" Mustang Bullits 235/55/17 Pirelli PZero Nero, 12" R1 D\S rotors, gutted air box, GTP radiator
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2