Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:
Quote:
Originally posted by Arcxnus:
[b] Nope. It's okay though. The tips are pretty banged up,
hope it wasn't because of the mountain called my driveway frown [/b]
It was alot of stuff, so don't worry about it. lol

Thanks to everyone that put in their advice and experience. The Pontiac dealership tore the trans down and found that 4th gear had indeed been stripped. All fixed now, shifts perfectly, and has a Pontiac warranty on top of the other warranty I got. It's sitting patiently in the driveway right now. laugh The GT's title is in dealership hands.

It looks like a done deal. Just need the bank people to get with the dealership people and that's it.

GTP ftw.
#16005 - 09/09/06 01:45 AM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Awesome. Welcome to the GTP family.
#16006 - 09/10/06 12:22 AM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
congrats well its hammer time

#16007 - 09/10/06 11:11 AM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Arc, were you going south on 35 (south end of Waco) yesterday around 4:30?
I was headed up to TMS and thought I might have seen you going the other way on 35.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#16008 - 09/10/06 12:01 PM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
Arcxnus Offline
Let's see .. It may have been me .. I was running back and forth between my bud's house and my grandmother's around that time, and I live right off of the interstate, so it's highly possible.

Seriously, I can throw a rock at I35 from where I'm sitting, right now. Anyone driving on it can see the GTP sitting in the driveway from there, I'm that close. lol
#16009 - 09/11/06 11:10 AM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
Arcxnus Offline
*expletive*

I got shafted.

I have this Pontiac dealership warranty on this piece of scrap metal, I would rather ask you guys wtf is going on now and see if I can get it fixed without paying for it before I go and have a hissy fit.

It wasn't doing it before they worked on the tranny, but when the car is cold, as in after quite a few hours of not driving it, the first shift from 1-2 is usually a disaster. Feels like being rearended. Hard. After that, it's fine. It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen. If I don't push it and just let it hook up when it wants to, it doesn't shift hard. Doing it that way feels more like .. well, I'm gonna liken it to spinning the tires and waiting for them to hook up, because that's exactly what it feels like. I'm going to take a shot in the dark (Feh.) and say it's this REBUILT (Not NEW like it was supposed to be) tranny.

Shouldn't they have noticed while they were tearing it down, that other gears may have been going down the drain too? The only thing I can think of that would play into this AT ALL is the one time on the way home that I had to get on it to get out of the way of merging traffic, but that wasn't even WOT.

It didn't do this when I went up to the Nissan dealership and drove it to make sure it was shifting into fourth. It didn't do it on the way home. It didn't do it at all that night. Next morning when I went to get breakfast, I am beginning to believe this "possessed red car" stuff. I can say with certainty that it only does it when it's cold. What am I missing?

I'm taking the car and a copy of the invoice from the Ft Worth Pontiac place over to my local Pontiac dealership after work today. What hell should I raise? I know it's not this place's fault, but DAMMIT.
#16010 - 09/11/06 12:20 PM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
Dementeddj Offline
Loc: Kansas (Redneck Country)
no matter what it is, if it is doing it, take it in, and tell them to double check everything in regards to the tranny. also check your papers to see if they put it in paper new or rebuilt. make them fix whatever is wrong. if they won't (fix it)tell them that it is under warranty and if they still won't do it, then take it to somebody else and have them send them the bill to the other dealership. just a thought, but I would be pissed also
98 GTP GMPP handling kit, HomemadeFWI, MSD coils, Taylor wires, 180 drilled tstat, TR6IX plugs, Intense STD PCM, JimmyC DP, Thrasher shift kit (mild setting), AGX/Intrigue spring setup, drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully more to come
#16011 - 09/11/06 01:17 PM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Yeah, just keep all your paperwork and definitely take it in ASAP. If it ever gets ugly and you need to take someone to court, it makes your story jive better if you get it taken care of immediately and have the paperwork to back it up. Don't wait.
#16012 - 09/11/06 04:41 PM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
jjcom Offline
Loc: USA
I agree, take the car in now and make sure everything is ok. You don't want it to be fine and driveable for 50,000 and then have it fail on you.
#16013 - 09/11/06 08:02 PM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Have you checked the fluid level in the tranny?
#16014 - 09/12/06 08:46 AM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
Kansas GXP Offline
Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Could that have anything to do with the computer system, and having to re-learn, so to speak, the shifting patterns etc. ????? Not sure, but definatly take the car back in to the place who did the tranny work. They should have to fix it.
#16015 - 09/16/06 03:51 PM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
Arcxnus Offline
GTP was just now towed off (not even kidding, can still see truck leaving lol ), back to DFW. The Pontiac dealership was very cooperative about it, even called a tow truck for me and had it all arranged in less than twenty minutes.

It was getting worse by the moment. First gear lagged constantly and jammed itself into gear, second started doing the same. Even when it wasn't really cold.

Will be getting a new trans. One way or another.

Because before it left, I programmed the GTP to eat incompetent people.
#16016 - 09/16/06 03:57 PM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Hopefully they will get you a new tranny out of it now!
#16017 - 09/17/06 12:33 AM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
That is ridiculous. Just goes to show, the stealership charges twice the amount, but gives you half the quality...

I'm sorry, that sucks bad. But at least they are willing to fix it again.

'97 SE with alot of mods
#16018 - 09/26/06 12:55 AM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
hey any news on the car? have you got it back from the shop yet?

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >