Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#16019 - 09/29/06 06:56 PM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
I'm going to warn you all.

If you ever go to buy a car in Texas, never ever go to Thornhill. Ever.

After assuring us that it would get a new transmission at no cost, they have replaced the throttle body and told me it's ready, denying all claims of that trans they promised. They never returned my calls when they said they would (I'm talking days here.), and I had to hunt the CAR ITSELF down after they had it hauled to a completely different city to fix it. It took them two weeks to replace a throttle body?

Absolutely absurd. I wish I had known it was still broken when I bought it. I've made such a huge mistake, and lost my GT that I loved so much for something that's probably still broken while the people that sold it to me backstabbed me with a smile.

Now I know why people have dealership horror stories.

Never again. They got a piece of my family's collective mind, and when we go to pick it up tomorrow, I'm sure they will get the same again. For whatever the f*** good it will do.
#16020 - 09/29/06 07:13 PM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
dang...

frown

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#16021 - 09/29/06 07:56 PM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
holy crap mad im sorry to hear that i know how much you loved your GT but whatever you do don't accept the car until you are 100% satisfied no matter what they say. do you have it in writing that they were going to replace the transmission if so take that piece of paper with you and tell them that if they do not fix the problem then you are going to contact your attorney dont use the word "LAWYER" at all in the conversation use Attorney they will take you as being some one who knows what they are talking about if you do.
edit: only speak to a manager as soon as you get there the first person that asks if they can help you say yes i need to speak to your manager.
P.S. if you need some more muscle come and get me all i need is to be home before 4 so i can get ready for work. blush

#16022 - 09/30/06 05:17 AM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
Arcxnus PM me with a list of your complaints and the name of the salesman and sales mngr.I'm sure a call from our law firm will get you a little better results in the future,I know dealing with dealerships can be a frustrating experience but there are ways to deal with them .Chico.
#16023 - 09/30/06 11:03 AM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
D Offline
Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Wow...sry to hear that. frown

1997 Grand Prix GT: ZZP SS M90 Kit--P&P Blower and LIM--3.8" Modular pulley--36# injectors--ZZP Wizair CAI--8.5mm MSD Wires--Autolite 103s@ .052--180* drilled T-stat--Tune Time Performance Tune--ZZP 2.5" D/P w/o Cat--ZZP Stage 1 HV TB--ZZP Power Log & Rear PEM--ZZP Poly Motor & Tranny Mounts--Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow Mufflers--Auto Meter Z Series Boost & Oil Pressure Gauges--Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge

New York Metro Club Grand Prix
www.nymcgp.com
#16024 - 09/30/06 11:57 AM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
Quote:
Originally posted by Arcxnus:
Now I know why people have dealership horror stories.
I'm very sorry to hear that you have one as well. frown I bought my first car from a dealer; never again.
#16025 - 09/30/06 12:54 PM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
Richard Candelario Offline
I havent been too happy with dealerships, but at least I never had to deal with that crap. Hang in there, and get em, sarge!

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#16026 - 10/01/06 01:01 AM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
I actually considered pulling something legal into this, Chico, but I am so worn out with it .. I'm really hesitant to stress myself out more over it when I have the fortune of having a father that owns a shop that will pick me up when this GTP eventually and inevitably craps out on me.

I shouldn't have ever done this. My GT was fine. Regret regret regret. At least for the moment, it seems to be running fine, but that's all just a prelude to what we all know will happen in the end.

Thanks for the moral support .. I've direly needed it. frown I'll be here with problems for you guys to help with, and I already have one, which I will detail elsewhere.
#16027 - 10/03/06 01:11 PM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
TRAM602 Offline
Loc: Irwin, PA
I hear ya on getting stiffed. I had a GTP I sold back in June, but I missed having a Grand Prix. I went and traded in my perfectly good Beretta Z26 with 101K on it, I mean I kept this car cherry. I got a 2000 GT Coupe. I've had the car a week and a half and started discovering the problems. I should've checked the car thoroughly. 92K, the heater hoses were linked so the heater core wasn't in the flow (cuz I found out its bad), they had stop leak in the radiator, but it blew out, and the coolant system got that shit caked all through it. It took me an hour and a half to clean out the overflow bottle, unclog the line from the radiator. I got a new radiator in it yesterday, the car had no thermostat, needs a heater core, and god the list keeps going on and I haven't had it 2 weeks yet.

I miss my '99 GTP Coupe (Daytona Blue). Sold back in June '06.
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7