Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:
Quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:
[b] It's a 4 door
Pass...

devilsmile [/b]
HEY!!!... wink

There are so many advantages to having a 4 door I won't even get into it. You'll see in no time Arc!

Nice looking ride!

Intense PCM, 3.5" Pulley, SLP C.A.I, 3" D/P, Flipped FSB, U-Bend Delete, Flowmaster 50 Series, Autolite 605's, Drilled 180 Thermo, Falken FK-451's (245/45ZR18), Motegi FF7 Hyper Black 18x7.5, SS Grills, Tint & Overlays here and there.
#15960 - 08/27/06 08:25 PM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Is that factory interior?

I thought they only went 2 tone on special editions?
I don't recall the side bolsters on the front seats being so noticable either. The more I look at it, the more I believe the seats have been reupholstered. Not that that's a bad thing.... Is it just the picture? Or are the 2 front seats different as far as seams?

Did you have someone do a carfax on it? I recall somebody offering that up.

http://pdxcgp.com
#15961 - 08/28/06 12:21 AM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
Canadian offered that up, Crimpton, and I just got it from him. That was quick! smile

It's not showing anything remotely negative, but that doesn't necessarily mean nothing bad has happened. As far as the two-tone thing goes, I was thinking something like the 40th is more true two-tone than this .. I could be mistaken though, but I do know that anything could have been mixed and matched at the time this vehicle was sold new. I have SE wheels on my GT, so I'm pretty sure there wasn't much that wasn't out of question if you ordered one to how you wanted it?

As you can see, I have absolutely no idea. lol If it has been reupholstered, I have to say they did a damn good job and it is in immaculate shape. According to what I see on this Carfax, it's been in the DFW area from the get-go, so my guess as to this being a city-driven car would be probably spot-on .. Might explain a little as to why 4th gear is most likely stripped out, since that city driving is probably pretty tough on something that you guys say is rather fragile to begin with.

Does any of this seem off? I'm learning as I go along .. First owner put 19k on it in almost exactly two years, which seems normal. Looks like the second owner drove it alot, since they only had it for a year and a half and it's at 59k now, so they would have put on like 2 times what the first owner did.
#15962 - 08/28/06 11:59 AM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
mygtp99 Offline
Loc: Ohio
Are you gonna get it? Why do you want to get rid of your gt? I have seen multiple grand prixs with the mostly black interior but have light gray seats like that. Theres a 2002 on e-bay like that right now.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2407940
#15963 - 08/28/06 01:59 PM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
Arcxnus Offline
The GT is falling apart .. It would be as much of an expense as just buying a new car at this point. I'm pretty sure the trans was well on it's way out, something was up with the engine, as it has been idling rough and acting like it wants to stall out and die for quite a few months now. It needs new springs and I'm fairly certain it needs some suspension work as there's something up with that. The rest is minor annoyance, like broken cupholders, carpet wear, door trim coming off, et cetera. It's been in two fairly nasty wrecks, though mechanical damage in both was very minimal and the body repair was almost perfect.

No one could ever tell how old it was or that it had been banged up pretty good. It seems pretty logical to me that getting something newer at 250ish per month plus insurance and a full warranty that even covers renting a car while mine would be in the shop is a pretty okay choice. I have no credit yet so my mother is cosigning my loan, and since my best friend's mother is the loan officer and VP of the bank I am going to, she's gotten me a pretty good rate of 7%.

I can have the 4th gear shaft replaced under warranty at any dealership, or am I mistaken in believing that things that were already wrong with it can be replaced like that? Everything else in this car is more than I could have asked for. Every other GTP I looked at had comparable miles with the same options or less for nearly 2k more asking price.

Am I crazy?
#15964 - 08/28/06 03:42 PM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
No, you will love your 2002 4 door GTP. You will join the exclusive ranks of Canadian GTP and myself.

Welcome!
#15965 - 08/28/06 06:45 PM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Atleast get a different color than red.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#15966 - 08/28/06 06:54 PM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
everybody knows that silver is the best color.
#15967 - 08/28/06 07:03 PM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
jjcom Offline
Loc: USA
I wouldn't even think of buying the car until OD is fixed, since it could turn out to be a bigger problem then "just" the OD gear. I'd take the car back to the dealer, say it won't go into OD and you suspect the gear is stripped. They should fix it, hopefully without wanting more money.
#15968 - 08/28/06 07:05 PM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
Arcxnus Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by UMfan:
No, you will love your 2002 4 door GTP. You will join the exclusive ranks of Canadian GTP and myself.

Welcome!
Yeah, that's right! Take that, you 2door weirdos! Our club is betterer. laugh

I got the loan papers for my half signed just now. The rate ended up being 7.5, which is still better than what the dealership came up with. Now we're waiting on my dad to come home from Colorado tomorrow morning and check the car out and give a thumbs up or down. If the answer's yes, my mom signs her half and I start understanding what it's like to pay for your own vehicle. lol

I'll have the verdict tomorrow evening. Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.

Edit: It does go into OD, it just won't shift into 4th at highway speed. I haven't really taken it much above 70mph, so I don't know if it shifts eventually. Warranty ftw?
#15969 - 08/28/06 07:11 PM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
mygtp99 Offline
Loc: Ohio
How many miles are on the gt?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2407940
#15970 - 08/28/06 07:32 PM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
jjcom Offline
The car should be able to be in OD/4th gear by 50mph. If it's not into that gear by 70mph with the torque convert locked, then there's something very wrong. Your RPMs should be right around 2000-2100 when your going 70mph.
#15971 - 08/28/06 07:56 PM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
Arcxnus Offline
GT has almost 128k on it.

*feels stupid* Sorry, JJ, I read that wrong. I took it literally, like you meant it wouldn't shift into the D position. .. I'm really tired ..
#15972 - 08/28/06 08:14 PM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
jjcom Offline
It's ok smile We've all got days like that. I'm just afraid that your going to spend all that money on the car, then after you buy it the transmission will show other signs of failing, slipping, through-the-windshield hard shifts, etc. Make sure that the warenty covers the transmission and it isn't just for more minor things engine related, like alternator.
#15973 - 08/28/06 09:27 PM Re: GTP Guys: Advice? --The saga continues.--
Arcxnus Offline
Oh, did I not mention the warranty coverage? .. I can't remember and I don't feel like reading, lol.

It covers everything. I mean EVERYTHING. Anything that can break, it covers it for 2 years or 24k miles. It even covers the cost of a rental car and the cost of towing. laugh I got pretty lucky with it too, since the next big bump up in cost on the coverage would have come at 60k miles on the odometer, and this GTP had 59k.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >