Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#159893 - 09/17/09 11:55 AM eharmony?
20gtp02 Offline
So one of my good buddies and associate at work recently found, what he thinks, is the girl to be via eharmony.
So I was like cool, I may look into it.
I filled out the profile but hadn't subscribed yet. Without subscribtion you can't view photos..etc.
Well they claim a 24/7 assistance approach and their number is not located anywhere on the site. They respond quickly via email though.
The other thing that bugs me is who they setup payment options.
So today I began to browse online about them and came across pages upon pages of customeraffair articles. What I read was my thinking as well.
They do have a screwy way of collecting your money and it seems their means of matching you is screwy too, with fake accounts and accounts that have been closed but eharmony uses them to create a larger field of applicants.
I think, yes there are good stories that come from the site, but then again I think those stories are so PR to cover up their schemes of collecting your $.

Anyone try it, anyone know anyone try(ing) it, or anyone have any in put.
Cause the girls in this town are either worthless, have kids and single, or hot married MILFs.
I'd like to find a nice girl to be my MILF that isn't married with kids already.

#159894 - 09/17/09 02:17 PM Re: eharmony?
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
I had eharmony and did not like it at all. I had a 3 month subscription for 30.00 which isn't bad at all.

What they do is they choose somebody that is compatible to you with simular profiles which I think it sucks. Everytime they send me a match it was always older women or if it was a girl around my age(25) they had kids and was full of drama and was gold diggers basically.

So in all words, stay away from eharmony, its not worth the money unless you are like 40 and up.
#159895 - 09/17/09 02:19 PM Re: eharmony?
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
Damn Steve, we need to get you more social :p
#159896 - 09/17/09 07:07 PM Re: eharmony?
Dthreap Offline
Loc: Canal Fulton, OH
I prefer just going out and finding them the old fashioned way... But I do remember signing up for e harmony when I did a secret shopper and i couldn't even get a hold of them through email so i had to file an affidavit with my bank to get the money they charged me back due to me not being able to cancel from some reason.

#159897 - 09/17/09 09:20 PM Re: eharmony?
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
A co-worker of mine has been using match.com, I believe. He seems to be having some luck. He was married for like 20 years then got divorced, and now is on the prowl. He usually shows me his matches/photos/txts on his phone then updates me on his progress from time to time. I think he's just using it to "play the field" in a more aggressive way, if you know what I mean (Bow-chicka-bow-wow). Which there is nothing wrong with that... lol

Yes, Steve, i'm kinda in the same boat as you. It seems that all of the women around my region are about as dumb as a box of rocks or has/is married at like the age of 20 and has about 3 kids. I'm just not diggin' it. Guess i'll just keep on searchin'...

#159898 - 09/17/09 10:12 PM Re: eharmony?
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
I used it for a month. Ridiculously expensive but I do believe their questionaire asks really good questions.

But it kept pairing me up with fairly...large women. Now, I love a woman with curves and I understand that some guys like a plus sized woman but its just not my cup of tea.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#159899 - 09/17/09 10:35 PM Re: eharmony?
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by lonezergling:
I used it for a month. Ridiculously expensive but I do believe their questionaire asks really good questions.

But it kept pairing me up with fairly...large women. Now, I love a woman with curves and I understand that some guys like a plus sized woman but its just not my cup of tea.
Put a "No Fat Chicks" sticker on the GP. It will fend them off.
#159900 - 09/17/09 10:46 PM Re: eharmony?
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
whats wrong with a chick with a kid ?? i guess i personaly dont have a prob with it ... i dont think any kid should grow up without a father figure
#159901 - 09/17/09 10:49 PM Re: eharmony?
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
lol Leave it to Corey to cut thru the fat! This guy is as subtle as an Abrams Tank.

eHarmony came along after my online experience was already over so I cant speak about them specifically.

However I must that the online dating situation worked very well for me. I was recently divorced and had a teenage son living with me, so I'm sure I wasnt a lot of womens idea of a great match.

I went out with several before I met my wife. Some were very nice and some were loons. Thats the ones where it actually got to the first date. I traded emails with quite few more before I decided I wanted to go no further.

All in all I think it was a very good experience. I certainly preferred it to trolling bars and trying to decide between ho's and wallflowers...and married chicks looking to tick the old man off...sorry not my speed.

I spent a good deal of time browsing profiles on my own because many of the so called "matches" they sent me were real head scratchers. If you spend something like $30-40 for a few months thats still less than you might spend one night in bar or dinner.
If you dont like the look of eHarmony then try some of the other sites instead. I think its a great way to discover people who might be right under your nose...or in my case, three states away.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#159902 - 09/17/09 11:16 PM Re: eharmony?
20gtp02 Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:

I spent a good deal of time browsing profiles on my own because many of the so called "matches" they sent me were real head scratchers. If you spend something like $30-40 for a few months thats still less than you might spend one night in bar or dinner.
If you dont like the look of eHarmony then try some of the other sites instead. I think its a great way to discover people who might be right under your nose...or in my case, three states away.
This is why I've been interested. I can easily spend that out one night just on booze for myself, and I most likely won't meet a decent chick. The internet allows for broader distances and those that don't go out as often or at all.

#159903 - 09/17/09 11:32 PM Re: eharmony?
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
Can't you filter out the fat profiles or something?
Like when I stalk on myspace, I check "slim/slender" and "athletic". And its annoying when a fat one leaks through.
#159904 - 09/18/09 12:09 AM Re: eharmony?
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
There are some times where I feel I missed out on certain things by marrying my high school sweetheart. But online dating is not one of those things.

I can only imagine your frustration on those sites. In principle I think it would be great, but man I bet there are loons too!

Nothing wrong with a woman that has kids, but it's a LOT of responsibility to take on, especially if you are young.

If you want a MILF maybe just hit up craigslist "casual encounters" section. wink
#159905 - 09/18/09 01:47 AM Re: eharmony?
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
There isnt anything wrong with a chick with a kid, girls with kids put out obviously wink , but anyway, you can choose what body type you prefer on those sites, i tried one before and it worked well for me for a little bit, then the beotch turned psycho on me. haha. still talk to her though >_<
#159906 - 09/18/09 08:50 AM Re: eharmony?
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I dont think you can always go by what someone checks in a box. I've seen "slim/slender" that looked like a bag of bones...then I've seen "curves/a few pounds over" that looked like you wanted have that stuff on platter for lunch.

Women perception of themselves tend to be skewed...you just have to look, this does involve a lot of sifting through profiles but I felt like that was time better spent than trolling clubs.

lol I love how zuul admits he goes "stalking"

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#159907 - 09/18/09 12:27 PM Re: eharmony?
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
Women perception of themselves tend to be skewed...you just have to look, this does involve a lot of sifting through profiles but I felt like that was time better spent than trolling clubs.
That is why the fatties leak through when you check the "athletic" tab. Sometimes they think looking like a rhinoceros is "athletic."

Have you ever seen out olympic softball team? Those girls are "athletic"