Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#160695 - 08/08/06 06:25 PM Insurance and Sale Value Questions
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
Yep.

Seriously considering selling my starting-to-show-it-old 97 GP GT and picking through the market for a newer GTP. It's all still quite a few months in planning, if I even decide to do it, but I would just like to get a little bit of a feel for what kind of money I'd be spending every month for a newer GP.

First, does anyone have a shot-in-the-dark estimate of the insurance month-to-month on a 99-01 GTP for a 20 year old? Mine right now for the GT is something like 120 a month.

And fortunately, my best friend's mom is a loan officer, so that will probably be beneficial to getting a good rate on loan payments. Surely payment for a 99-01 wouldn't be above 200 .. yes?

As for the thing I'm selling, 97 red 4door GT, 127k miles, never anything majorly wrong with it, two fender benders that were repaired flawlessly with no major mechanical damage in either one. It was all really minor stuff. I'm talking, really, really minor. lol 95% of it was all cosmetic damage that was repaired without incident and didn't give any trouble whatsoever after the fact. Regular maintenance, yadda yadda, new tires, wee bit of exhaust modding, new radiator less than 1k miles old, new spark plugs and wires ..

Kelly Blue Book says 4600-5200 iirc. So .. 4800 isn't too bad of an asking price is it?
#160696 - 08/09/06 01:11 AM Re: Insurance and Sale Value Questions
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Well I'm 22 and I have a 2002 gp and its 150 for the insurance. I use to pay 250 a month but after six months it went to 150 so I say around that price if not a little lower then that.
#160697 - 08/09/06 06:32 PM Re: Insurance and Sale Value Questions
Arcxnus Offline
What GP is it? GT, SE, GTP?
#160698 - 08/09/06 11:47 PM Re: Insurance and Sale Value Questions
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
Man, I'm feeling it too... I wanna sell my 97 GT (was an SE, haha) and buy around a 2000 model year GTP. Trying to figure out the same stuff that you are. I think I'm gonna list my car asking price of $5k, expect to get $4500. The car has 140k miles, but appearance mods like rims, etc. may help up the value. I pay $63/month for liability/comp, and insurance company said $95 for full coverage. Who knows though. Keep me updated... I'm kinda in the same boat. laugh

'97 SE with alot of mods
#160699 - 08/10/06 01:05 AM Re: Insurance and Sale Value Questions
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
I just found out my friend pays 100 a month and he has the 2002 gp 40th anniver. edition 4door, his insurance is through allstate.
#160700 - 08/10/06 06:51 PM Re: Insurance and Sale Value Questions
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Best thing and easiest thing is to talk to your insurance agent. Tell them your looking at a different car and was curious what it would do to your insurance premium.

From reading other posts the GTP is very reasonable to insure compared to the mustang and other "sports" type cars.
#160701 - 08/10/06 08:40 PM Re: Insurance and Sale Value Questions
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
take the flames off the side
#160702 - 08/10/06 09:57 PM Re: Insurance and Sale Value Questions
Arcxnus Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by BryantGTP:
take the flames off the side
They've been gone for months, thanks.

That's what I was thinking too, Herc ..

I am asking you guys first to see what other people are paying and what they think before I go into this blind. We are changing insurance soon because our rates kinda suck and the only reason we had this insurance was because our agent knew my dad. Retarded reason, but I really had no choice.

And now they are getting a divorce, so.

I am pretty much the only person handling all this, and I've never done it before so in situations like this I go to people that have. I need to have an idea of what I need to be looking for so I don't completely screw myself over, because this is definitely not the time to be doing it.

Thanks guys.
#160703 - 08/11/06 01:44 AM Re: Insurance and Sale Value Questions
Dementeddj Offline
Loc: Kansas (Redneck Country)
just my two cents: go to an agent that covers everything. that way when you need renter's/homeowner's insurance you get a helluva discount on the "whole pkg" also, cheat a little. find out which cars are going to be the most expensive to insure, and which driver, and put the cheapest driver to the most expensive car, and vice versa. in KS I can get away with that here, other places, you may not be able to. (BTW: it's not fraud, it's just working the system) I'm not sure what all is on my MVR, but it's not perfectly clean, and I fully insure my 98 GTP, my 04 Stratus, and liability on my 92 cavalier and pay 153.xx every month. don't know if that helps you out or not, hopefully it does
98 GTP GMPP handling kit, HomemadeFWI, MSD coils, Taylor wires, 180 drilled tstat, TR6IX plugs, Intense STD PCM, JimmyC DP, Thrasher shift kit (mild setting), AGX/Intrigue spring setup, drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully more to come
#160704 - 08/11/06 08:28 AM Re: Insurance and Sale Value Questions
pedal down Offline
Loc: Niagara Falls, NY
why get rid of the flames i like them? go to an insurance agemcy, they can get quotes from 10 or more companies to find you the lowest rate. best thing a bout an insurance agency is they are free, they get paid by the insurance companies.

Homemade K&N FWI, Ported Mani's, 3" RT DP soon: PCM, HV TB, HV3