Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#160964 - 10/08/07 02:32 AM Re: Gone for a week (56k KILLA!)
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Dude, those A-10 shots are cool. I've always loved jets, and that one especially, because it's 30mm cannon, firing depleted uranium armor-piercing rounds, is a ****ing BEAST! It just makes me giddy. crazy crazy

And just out of curiosity, what is that robot you were testing? lol
#160965 - 10/08/07 03:05 AM Re: Gone for a week (56k KILLA!)
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
aint mini meets just so cool? usa

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#160966 - 10/08/07 10:23 AM Re: Gone for a week (56k KILLA!)
Richard Candelario Offline
Yeah, Tim, they are. That's why I'm lookin forward to Phoenix and MAYBE TMS next year.

The robot is just a test bed for the electronics that are on-board. I really cant talk too much about what's going on, but rest assured that it's a really REALLY expensive remote control car being developed by industry, academia, and the Army. The Marines have also expressed interest in this project. How expensive, well, one robot that I didnt picture has a series of lenses for the sensors. These lenses are made out of Germanium. Said lenses are said to cost about 70,000 USD. About the same cost as a Z06.

Thanks, also, for the props, Drummer.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#160967 - 10/08/07 12:43 PM Re: Gone for a week (56k KILLA!)
20gtp02 Offline
Unfortunately when I was up there, I didn't get to meet up with Alex. I was in the Uplander, with the 3900, it could go, and would of loved to race the GP! LOL
Glad you had a great trip, and the story is pretty good. All the people you meet that talk and care about the Military is crazy. By now you must have a good speal down for each one since it doesn't seem surprising for many to approach you like you mentioned.

#160968 - 10/08/07 08:56 PM Re: Gone for a week (56k KILLA!)
Richard Candelario Offline
No matter how often it does happen, I'm still taken aback. The events of 4 JUL 02 are still VERY fresh in my mind. If I do start making a spiel about it's my job and pleasure, yada yada, it would start sounding too fake. That could start a nationwide anti-military sentiment. That's the last thing the collective "we" needs right now.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#160969 - 10/09/07 05:21 AM Re: Gone for a week (56k KILLA!)
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
As strange as it sounds there are many out there (like me) who never got the opportunity to serve...I came OH SO close...I had talked to the recruiter, picking my path for the 101st to fly attack choppers...since I already had previous flight experience, I had an excellent shot.
My two kids were pretty small at the time and I had been laid off from my present job...I was ready to take the plunge but when it came crunch time, my ex wife went off...sometimes I wish I had argued the point and went anyway...but I relented and part of me has always wished I had stuck to my guns...every time I see airborne Apaches and Blackhawks I muse about being in the command chair.

When I watched the movie "FireBirds" with Nick Cage (lousy movie but great photography) I pictured myself as Tommy Lee Jones...a cagey but still dangerous old bird dog.

So when I see fine young men doing what I only thought of, part of me yearns to be beside them but I know that time is past for me...so I stand and salute any and all who step forward and do so with duty and honor...its place I glady see my tax dollars going (not enough of it for darn sure)
What ever your particular reason was for signing up doesnt matter...you have added to something larger than yourselves. You are the flesh and blood represenative of all this country stands for.

I love Demi Moore's line from "A Few Good Men" when she said, "...because they stand on a wall and say, nothings gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch."
I find that to be a powerful statement and one I could have easily said from the pilot seat of an attack chopper.

God Bless America and every man and woman who serves her.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#160970 - 10/09/07 08:13 AM Re: Gone for a week (56k KILLA!)
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
God Bless America and every man and woman who serves her.
Hoo-ah! smile
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2