Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161032 - 09/20/05 05:20 PM Re: mod day
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
speaking of winter...A friend of mine here at work just informed me that he used to live in Illinois for two years and he said they had snow on the ground at Easter both times...I'd like to check out Indy and the Windy city but not under a blanket of white...I think she may have to reconsider this trip...so whats going on in Texas in November? (and hows the weather that time of year)

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#161033 - 09/20/05 05:23 PM Re: mod day
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
...so whats going on in Texas in November? (and hows the weather that time of year)
NASCAR race at TMS.
My B-day, which everyone can take the day off of work for my b-day. Just mark it on your calendar to remind yourself not to go into work on 11/24. laugh

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#161034 - 09/20/05 05:49 PM Re: mod day
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
speaking of winter...A friend of mine here at work just informed me that he used to live in Illinois for two years and he said they had snow on the ground at Easter both times...I'd like to check out Indy and the Windy city but not under a blanket of white
It's not a blanket of snow. Sometimes, it's a mere dusting of snow.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#161035 - 09/20/05 08:31 PM Re: mod day
ThunderBat Offline
If I'm going anywhere near Chicago I gotta go by Manteno and see Troy Trepanier's place...I can take the cold weather, I just dont want to be drivin in the white stuff.

#161036 - 09/21/05 07:17 AM Re: mod day
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
I was thinking of Oct.15 let me know who's interested.Chico.
#161037 - 09/21/05 08:35 AM Re: mod day
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
I might be available.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#161038 - 09/21/05 12:18 PM Re: mod day
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
Snow? ..

What is this .. "snow" you speak of?

And October 15 sounds good.

To answer Nad, I got blindsided in an intersection. The back suspension is shot and the damage to the body is horrendous. I really didn't want to make a topic about it, because I'd rather not be on the downside about it. I had someone with me, and they were very close to getting the brunt of the impact if I hadn't sped up when my danger sense went off. I'm just glad no one was hurt.

I just don't want to have to deal with someone else and their insurance. kooky
#161039 - 09/21/05 12:47 PM Re: mod day
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Please refer to Bryant's pic about 'the snow'.

Hope everything turns out good for you Arc.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#161040 - 09/21/05 09:08 PM Re: mod day
ThunderBat Offline
Arc I'm so sorry to hear that...hope your ok but it doesnt sound so good for your GP...I have to ask,is it fixable or are you about to suffer the same fate as Bryant?...If you do I hope you can swing yourself another GP...if not I'm sure you'll be welcome here no matter what you choose to drive (within reason of course laugh )

After talking with my bride some more, its looking like we may do the Chicago thing in the spring...its the weekend before Easter so we would just make the run over to Connecticut afterwards for our yearly visit to her Aunt's place for the family gathering...of course Nov is a few months later,so who knows, it might a big traveling year!

#161041 - 09/21/05 09:48 PM Re: mod day
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
I saw a picture of a snowbank on CGP in some thread .. The guy's GP was in it somewhere. Talk about a blizzard. kooky
#161042 - 09/22/05 02:51 PM Re: mod day
ThunderBat Offline
of course he was nicer...he was the only one getting paid laugh (jk) hope you get it fixed up nice.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2