Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161057 - 12/05/08 05:28 PM Tow the car without wheels
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1208/575299_video.html?ref=newsstory

I saw this link from clubpg. eek Wow, why world you pull the car out if there is no wheels? They should put steel wheels/spare wheels. This car probably is now ruin underbody during dragging it out.

If something happen to my car. I will be sure bring my extra wheels but I always have locking lug nut on which it is immpossible to steal.
#161058 - 12/05/08 06:04 PM Re: Tow the car without wheels
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
i would be going to jail for freaken out and doing something stupid
#161059 - 12/05/08 06:15 PM Re: Tow the car without wheels
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
She better lawyer up.

City and tow company.
#161060 - 12/05/08 06:27 PM Re: Tow the car without wheels
jaybur Offline
Loc: Ashland Oregon
The video wouldn't load up for me, the car ad worked great that preceded the video about the towed car, but the video about the car that was towed would not work.

so did they really drag the car the whole way to the impound lot? they do make flat bed tow rigs, that could have winched it up and then safely towed.

but if it was actually dragged, then how is that safer than the car being on cement blocks?

the owner should not have left it that way for 5 days, but still they did order the wheels, so they were trying to resolve it!

those nosy neighbors always getting things stirred up...... lol

1994 Honda civic CX hatchback (BIG MPG) STAYING STOCK
*******1999 GT SOLD*****
#161061 - 12/05/08 06:29 PM Re: Tow the car without wheels
jaybur Offline
Loc: Ashland Oregon
Quote:
If something happen to my car. I will be sure bring my extra wheels but I always have locking lug nut on which it is impossible to steal.
If only that were true palsut!

I bet that audi had locking lug nuts OEM.

1994 Honda civic CX hatchback (BIG MPG) STAYING STOCK
*******1999 GT SOLD*****
#161062 - 12/05/08 06:31 PM Re: Tow the car without wheels
4drgt Offline
well it was on cinder blocks and the towing company just hooked up and pulled right onto the trailer while the cinderblocks just rolled under the car, and the breaks were draging along with any mounts, that thing is messed up poor people, i hope it gets worked out for them,

i would have done the same thing as them they were trying to resolve the issue and they ordered new wheels and tires so idk what the problem would be, they had NO notice that the car was going to be towed. people these days
#161063 - 12/05/08 06:35 PM Re: Tow the car without wheels
palsut Offline
Since I can't tell what they are talking about. This old lady is pretty upset about bad tow company. I wonder how world News got around to use video at tow job. Now, this lady can use this video for proof during lawsuit if she wants to.

The car was parking on street area where she paid like parking meter. Someone stole her wheels. I don't know when it was happened. The tow company truck was parking in middle of street. They pull the car away from curb during dragging job. The brick actually still under the car. Brick went under the car cause lot of damage during dragging. The flatbed truck trying drive little bit for more room something I dunno what they trying trying to do. The flatbed still lift up during moving that scratches rear bumper. Tow company seems clueless how to make car go straight into flatbed. I bet it is rookie tow driver. It is painful to watch that if it is my car.

*edit* damn 4drtgt beat me. Oh really? That's stupid. I bet she is trying to call for get other wheels soon as possible because I'm sure she need it for driving. I guess this city want surprise and tow it out without notice. I hope she win.
#161064 - 12/05/08 06:37 PM Re: Tow the car without wheels
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I bet the tow truck driver just didn't give a damn.
#161065 - 12/05/08 06:37 PM Re: Tow the car without wheels
4drgt Offline
esp to an audi A4 lol i love those cars
#161066 - 12/05/08 06:43 PM Re: Tow the car without wheels
palsut Offline
Yeah, I hate tow company and impound lot too.

When my dad got pass out during driving. He went hospital and his car was impound lot. I went to impound lot to see how bad damage if it is worth to keep it or not. It is turn out not bad. There are like 15 cats on this impound lot. I see cat food around. I guess tow driver is cat lover or whatever. 2 cats sit on his car. I like "shoooo get f**k off my dad's car" lol His advice told me that my dad's car should be good in staying there for few days. I told him no way, I will take it out today. They just want more money if his car is sitting for few days. I think they charge $18 buck a day. Nice try. He was little piss off when I took it out in same day as accident happened.

#161067 - 12/05/08 09:10 PM Re: Tow the car without wheels
snowrider900 Offline
Loc: Owatonna mn
I would have to agree with 4drgt, I would Freak out!!!, And yes the tow company does NOT care at all, there contracted by the city and there are not responsible ANY damage at all, it all falls on the city...then the city says it the towing company's fault, round and round it goes, but In her case I guess if she could afford that car she can afford one heck of a lawyer, me on the other hand would prolly be screwed
#161068 - 12/05/08 10:42 PM Re: Tow the car without wheels
palsut Offline
That's what I would do if I see my car like that. wink

#161069 - 12/06/08 12:28 AM Re: Tow the car without wheels
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Oh man, someone would be bailing me out of prison.

Quote:
Originally posted by palsut:
I always have locking lug nut on which it is immpossible to steal.
lol. You can't be serious.
#161070 - 12/06/08 03:03 AM Re: Tow the car without wheels
palsut Offline
Well I don't know. Can you break this one?

my tri-spoke locking lug nut

my 18" wheels locking lug nut (local seller give me free. Nice of him)

For whoever can't view video. I get "slow" video from my home. My work computer make video fast. I guess I have crappy internet.

#161071 - 12/06/08 08:57 AM Re: Tow the car without wheels
4drgt Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by palsut:
That's what I would do if I see my car like that. wink

you have WAY too much time on your hands
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >