Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161125 - 07/04/08 12:30 PM Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Cover design is on hold at this time.
More details will soon follow.

Calendar winners will be posted on 11/22.
Three will not make the calendar but will make the cover.
Create a cover with the three entries that do not make the calendar.
Rules are simple and easy to follow:
1) You may only use the three pics of the entries that do not make the calendar.
2) No calendar winners on the cover.
3) Your final design must not be any smaller in pixel size than 3000x2000.

To get a full sized copy of the pics, email me with "Calendar Cover Contest" in the subject and I will return email with the three pics.
Once you have your final design, email it to me with your screen name in the subject.

bobbythibodaux@gmail.com

Please be ready to go on this if you plan on creating a design. I would like to start the cover voting before the end of the month and have a quick voting to determine a winner.

Please feel free to contact me for any further questions.

Check back for further updates.

Submission deadline will be extended to Sunday, November 9th. Once the calendar hits Monday the 10th, it's over for the submissions.
This will be your last chance, no more extensions will be available to allow for time to get things rolling.

Don't waste time, get your pic in!

Calendar entry pic submission will begin on Wed Oct 1st and run through the end of Oct, ending on Fri Oct 31st. No pics will be accepted after Oct 31st (your time zone).
To submit your pic you must adhere to the original set of rules posted below.
Email your entry pic to either Herc or myself, we will resize your pic for posting while we'll be keeping the original high quality, full sized pic (no less than 5 megs on your camera setting).
When emailing your pic please put only your screen name in the subject line, nothing else.
Resubmitting a different picture during the month will be allowed as long as all of the rules posted are followed. To resubmit just email your new pic in the same exact manner you sent your first pic. Any pic received by Herc and myself will cancel out any previous pic you already submitted.
A separate thread containing the submission pics will be stickied and locked to prevent a run on of comments. If you notice the pic submission thread is unlocked please do not take the opportunity to post in the thread, it'll be unlock to allow Herc or myself to update with pics.

Email your pics to:
HercMan - robcat1992@comcast.net
AustinGTP - bobbythibodaux@gmail.com

Please check back for any updates.

Official Calendar Pic Entry Rules
1) Only one pic per entrant shall be submitted.
2) Pic should contain only your Grand Prix. Do not submit your pic if there are any other cars in it, that includes deep in the back ground. No group shots and no partial pics of your Grand Prix.
3) You must be the current owner of the Grand Prix at the time of print.
4) No people should be included in the pic, that includes deep in the back ground.
5) No license plates, dealer plates or any sexually suggestive material shall be displayed.
6) Calendar worthy pics only. Any non calendar worthy pic submitted will be rejected before voting begins.
7) No Photoshop or any other photo editing software enhancements, other than lighting correction.
8) All pics must be taken using no less than a high quality (300dpi) 5 meg size. This will insure a good quality pic on the calendar. A separate thread will be started when pics can start to be submitted and at that time a high quality (300dpi) single pic no less than 5 megs in size should be sent to either Herc or myself. We will then resize the pics to an 800x600 format for the voting thread.
DO NOT SUBMIT ANY PICS AT THIS TIME.

These rules are black and white, so please do not create any gray areas.

You will have plenty of time to go out and take several pics with different backgrounds to choose from.

Please check back often for any further additions to the rules.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#161126 - 07/04/08 12:44 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Eligability is to anyone with a Grandprix net membership of 01 July 2008 or older.

Any model year GP is eligable.
#161127 - 07/04/08 04:20 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:
5) No license plates shall be displayed at all.
7) No Photoshop or any other photo editing software enhancements, other than lighting correction.
Does that mean that anyone without a license plate cover is ineligible, unless they take a side shot?
#161128 - 07/04/08 06:26 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
no group shots?

i personaly feel that should be changed, give more people the opertunity to get into the calender, other than 12 cars,

just a sugestion

but i personaly fell you should allow group pictures

and you want no plates ?

is it required to have a plate filler ?
#161129 - 07/04/08 09:02 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
andrew you can take side shots....you dont need to have a frontal(sp?) shot

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#161130 - 07/04/08 09:12 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
yes but i still think group shots should be allowed... would give more people to be proud of getting into this
#161131 - 07/04/08 09:17 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
No license plates.
No group shots.
Only 12 cars will make it on the calendar.

ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#161132 - 07/04/08 09:29 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
A collage of the non winning entries will be used on the cover.

#161133 - 07/04/08 09:54 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
HercMan(Rob) Offline
No legible liscense plates if you don't have a cover you can use a generic plate like "Pontiac Racing" etc.

If your serious about making the calander this is a minor inconvinience.

Like Bobby said all the calander worthy entrants who don't get the top 12 votes will be incorporated into a collage for the cover.
#161134 - 07/04/08 10:31 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
00grandprixgt Offline
Loc: Wall Lake Iowa
would a generic plate be like a dealer plate? like the plastic ones?

is their any view you want in general?

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
soon to come: projectors,exhaust work, 3.4 setup.
#161135 - 07/04/08 11:02 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
The only cover I have for the actual licence plate would be the dealer plate that i got that has the dealership name across it....would that work or would I have to soley take off the plates and just leave my car plateless for the pics?

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#161136 - 07/04/08 11:18 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
No dealer plates. We don't want this calendar to offer free advertising for any dealers.

Here's an example of a generic plate...
http://www.gregsonline.com/eshop/Html/product-info/plates/PLT-22.htm

#161137 - 07/05/08 12:30 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
so no plates on the rear either? I understand it but im just trying to clarify for other users or possible applicants.

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#161138 - 07/05/08 12:39 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:

5) No license plates or dealer plates shall be displayed.

#161139 - 07/05/08 09:11 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
HercMan(Rob) Offline
You have options, Once you get to your photo shoot you swap out what needs to be swapped and shoot your pics. Or you change the view so the plate/s are not visible.