Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161170 - 10/09/08 03:23 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Loc: Ontario, Canada
I have a question about the rules.

One of the rules was no editing except for lighting effects.

What does this mean?

Can you make it black and white?

Add some blur?

Light Flares?

I'm just not sure so I thought I should ask.
#161171 - 10/09/08 03:27 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Richard Candelario Offline
I dont recall seeing the response: are photobucket links acceptable? It would be really tough to get my mountain and airfield pic off my home PC to this laptop to blast off for submission.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#161172 - 10/09/08 06:52 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by r.s.hutchinson:
I have a question about the rules.
One of the rules was no editing except for lighting effects.
What does this mean?
Can you make it black and white?
Add some blur?
Light Flares?
I'm just not sure so I thought I should ask.
No photoshopping (or any other editing software) allowed, except for lighting adjustments.
If your camera can't do it, it's not allowed.

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Candelario:
I dont recall seeing the response: are photobucket links acceptable? It would be really tough to get my mountain and airfield pic off my home PC to this laptop to blast off for submission.
In order to submit a pic you must send either Herc or myself the original pic in high quality, no less than 5 megs in size.
Anything less will be rejected.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#161173 - 10/09/08 07:20 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Richard Candelario Offline
Wilco. Thanks.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#161174 - 10/10/08 10:32 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:
No photoshopping (or any other editing software) allowed, except for lighting adjustments.
If your camera can't do it, it's not allowed.
Ok, my camera can make it black and white.

Can you define lighting adjustments?
#161175 - 10/10/08 12:25 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by r.s.hutchinson:

Can you define lighting adjustments?
It pretty much speaks for itself.
If your pic needs any lighting correction done to it (too dark/too light), the lighting may be corrected by using a photo editing software.

ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#161176 - 10/11/08 09:46 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
i submitted a pic. Its an old one, without a few things, but it will have to do. The car is looking pretty ugly right now.
#161177 - 10/13/08 10:46 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
r.s.hutchinson Offline
How is everyone getting 5 mb photos? My 6.1 mp camera only takes like 2 megabyte photos. Sepia and black/white photos are just under 2 mb.

This is the max quality of the camera too and it's not a bad camera.
#161178 - 10/13/08 10:49 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
You have to go into the menu and select the mb size.
#161179 - 10/13/08 11:22 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Okay I will have to look into that, does it make the quality better? Because I find the quality to be pretty good already, I didn't know there was room for improvement on this cam :p
#161180 - 10/13/08 12:18 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
The actual meg count (file size) will vary from pic to pic.
I would imagine a black and white pic will have smaller file size than a color version of the same pic. A color pic has more values to save than a B&W pic.
Make sure your camera setting is set to a 5 meg pic or higher and the quality setting is set to fine (I'd suggest the use of a tripod) and don't pay attention to the file size of the pic.

The 5 meg that we're asking for refers to the pic size not the actual file size of the pic.

#161181 - 10/13/08 12:47 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:
The actual meg count (file size) will vary from pic to pic.
I would imagine a black and white pic will have smaller file size than a color version of the same pic. A color pic has more values to save than a B&W pic.
Make sure your camera setting is set to a 5 meg pic or higher and the quality setting is set to fine (I'd suggest the use of a tripod) and don't pay attention to the file size of the pic.

The 5 meg that we're asking for refers to the pic size not the actual file size of the pic.
Okay, thanks Bobby and Herc.

I figured the b&w pics would be smaller but I was wondering how I would ever get a 5 meg b&w pic if I can't even get close to that on a color pic.

I'll have to check the size and email you the pic when I get home.

Is there any word on when the calendars will be published/created provided we have the 12 shots? Also, not that it matters but i'm just curious, is their going to be Canadian holidays marked as well? Or just American? for example, today is our Thanksgiving but yours isn't until November I think.
#161182 - 10/13/08 01:23 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
The calendar should be available before the end of the year.
Cafepress.com will be publishing the calendar and it does not appear to have any Canadian holidays marked.

#161183 - 10/14/08 02:43 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
I work 6 days a week, so I'm trying to find the time to get the pic taken...

*EDIT* nvm, I just found out the place I was going to take my picture at is closed till further notice due to Hurricane Ike. ****! This sucks, it was going to be a killer shot. Now I've got to come up with something else...
HAH, it's open! YES! Hope to take the pic this weekend...

Stupid question though. How do I tell if it's a 5 meg pic, if it's not the actual file size? I can't find a setting in my camera's menu (I've had it for less than a month) and I can't find anything in the manual. It takes pics though that are 3264x2448, so they are freakin' huge. lol
#161184 - 10/14/08 08:20 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
It takes pics though that are 3264x2448, so they are freakin' huge. lol
That'll work.

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >