Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161125 - 07/04/08 12:30 PM Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Cover design is on hold at this time.
More details will soon follow.

Calendar winners will be posted on 11/22.
Three will not make the calendar but will make the cover.
Create a cover with the three entries that do not make the calendar.
Rules are simple and easy to follow:
1) You may only use the three pics of the entries that do not make the calendar.
2) No calendar winners on the cover.
3) Your final design must not be any smaller in pixel size than 3000x2000.

To get a full sized copy of the pics, email me with "Calendar Cover Contest" in the subject and I will return email with the three pics.
Once you have your final design, email it to me with your screen name in the subject.

bobbythibodaux@gmail.com

Please be ready to go on this if you plan on creating a design. I would like to start the cover voting before the end of the month and have a quick voting to determine a winner.

Please feel free to contact me for any further questions.

Check back for further updates.

Submission deadline will be extended to Sunday, November 9th. Once the calendar hits Monday the 10th, it's over for the submissions.
This will be your last chance, no more extensions will be available to allow for time to get things rolling.

Don't waste time, get your pic in!

Calendar entry pic submission will begin on Wed Oct 1st and run through the end of Oct, ending on Fri Oct 31st. No pics will be accepted after Oct 31st (your time zone).
To submit your pic you must adhere to the original set of rules posted below.
Email your entry pic to either Herc or myself, we will resize your pic for posting while we'll be keeping the original high quality, full sized pic (no less than 5 megs on your camera setting).
When emailing your pic please put only your screen name in the subject line, nothing else.
Resubmitting a different picture during the month will be allowed as long as all of the rules posted are followed. To resubmit just email your new pic in the same exact manner you sent your first pic. Any pic received by Herc and myself will cancel out any previous pic you already submitted.
A separate thread containing the submission pics will be stickied and locked to prevent a run on of comments. If you notice the pic submission thread is unlocked please do not take the opportunity to post in the thread, it'll be unlock to allow Herc or myself to update with pics.

Email your pics to:
HercMan - robcat1992@comcast.net
AustinGTP - bobbythibodaux@gmail.com

Please check back for any updates.

Official Calendar Pic Entry Rules
1) Only one pic per entrant shall be submitted.
2) Pic should contain only your Grand Prix. Do not submit your pic if there are any other cars in it, that includes deep in the back ground. No group shots and no partial pics of your Grand Prix.
3) You must be the current owner of the Grand Prix at the time of print.
4) No people should be included in the pic, that includes deep in the back ground.
5) No license plates, dealer plates or any sexually suggestive material shall be displayed.
6) Calendar worthy pics only. Any non calendar worthy pic submitted will be rejected before voting begins.
7) No Photoshop or any other photo editing software enhancements, other than lighting correction.
8) All pics must be taken using no less than a high quality (300dpi) 5 meg size. This will insure a good quality pic on the calendar. A separate thread will be started when pics can start to be submitted and at that time a high quality (300dpi) single pic no less than 5 megs in size should be sent to either Herc or myself. We will then resize the pics to an 800x600 format for the voting thread.
DO NOT SUBMIT ANY PICS AT THIS TIME.

These rules are black and white, so please do not create any gray areas.

You will have plenty of time to go out and take several pics with different backgrounds to choose from.

Please check back often for any further additions to the rules.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#161126 - 07/04/08 12:44 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Eligability is to anyone with a Grandprix net membership of 01 July 2008 or older.

Any model year GP is eligable.
#161127 - 07/04/08 04:20 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:
5) No license plates shall be displayed at all.
7) No Photoshop or any other photo editing software enhancements, other than lighting correction.
Does that mean that anyone without a license plate cover is ineligible, unless they take a side shot?
#161128 - 07/04/08 06:26 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
no group shots?

i personaly feel that should be changed, give more people the opertunity to get into the calender, other than 12 cars,

just a sugestion

but i personaly fell you should allow group pictures

and you want no plates ?

is it required to have a plate filler ?
#161129 - 07/04/08 09:02 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
andrew you can take side shots....you dont need to have a frontal(sp?) shot

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#161130 - 07/04/08 09:12 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
4drgt Offline
yes but i still think group shots should be allowed... would give more people to be proud of getting into this
#161131 - 07/04/08 09:17 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
No license plates.
No group shots.
Only 12 cars will make it on the calendar.

ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#161132 - 07/04/08 09:29 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
A collage of the non winning entries will be used on the cover.

#161133 - 07/04/08 09:54 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
HercMan(Rob) Offline
No legible liscense plates if you don't have a cover you can use a generic plate like "Pontiac Racing" etc.

If your serious about making the calander this is a minor inconvinience.

Like Bobby said all the calander worthy entrants who don't get the top 12 votes will be incorporated into a collage for the cover.
#161134 - 07/04/08 10:31 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
00grandprixgt Offline
Loc: Wall Lake Iowa
would a generic plate be like a dealer plate? like the plastic ones?

is their any view you want in general?

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
soon to come: projectors,exhaust work, 3.4 setup.
#161135 - 07/04/08 11:02 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
The only cover I have for the actual licence plate would be the dealer plate that i got that has the dealership name across it....would that work or would I have to soley take off the plates and just leave my car plateless for the pics?

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#161136 - 07/04/08 11:18 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
No dealer plates. We don't want this calendar to offer free advertising for any dealers.

Here's an example of a generic plate...
http://www.gregsonline.com/eshop/Html/product-info/plates/PLT-22.htm

#161137 - 07/05/08 12:30 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
'01 GT Offline
so no plates on the rear either? I understand it but im just trying to clarify for other users or possible applicants.

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
#161138 - 07/05/08 12:39 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:

5) No license plates or dealer plates shall be displayed.

#161139 - 07/05/08 09:11 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
HercMan(Rob) Offline
You have options, Once you get to your photo shoot you swap out what needs to be swapped and shoot your pics. Or you change the view so the plate/s are not visible.
#161140 - 07/05/08 09:58 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
Gotta say, guys, seeing as it is a legal requirement to have two plates in many places, that's not exactly fair for every member...
Huh???
I really don't think any state has a requirement as to the number of plates that must be displayed when taking pictures of your car, and it is fair for every member because every member will follow the same set of rules.

confused

#161141 - 07/05/08 11:04 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Another option to this plate issue would be to flip your plates. You could even paint the back side of your plates and display the painted side.

#161142 - 07/05/08 10:33 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
basically you need a show plate or no plate at all...many guys swap out plates for shows or they just have show plates with magnets on them that allow them to placed on top and easily removed.

Too bad we dont have some GPnet plates...that would be sweet.

Have you determined what size image to be submitted?...or is that info forthcoming?

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#161143 - 07/05/08 10:42 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Pics should be shot in no less than a 5 meg size. Do not resize the pic. When submission starts, the original sized 5 meg pic will be email to Herc or myself and we will resize the pic to an 800x600 format and post them in the voting thread and we'll keep the full sized pics.
This way Herc and myself will have full sized pics for the ones who make the calendar, we won't have to worry about anyone not having the correct size for the calendar.

#161144 - 07/05/08 11:33 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
'01 GT Offline
so in other words dont upload them to photobucket before sending them to austin or herc.

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
#161145 - 07/05/08 11:48 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
00grandprixgt Offline
so how do we get them to them? i took pics

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
#161146 - 07/06/08 12:51 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
We won't be accepting pics for a while.
Keep the original 5 meg size of the one you want to submit until notified when and where to start sending them in.

For now, feel free to share your pics in your own separate thread (please don't post any pics in this thread).

#161147 - 07/06/08 04:19 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
I know it's still kinda early, but how are we doing the "virtual voting booth". I was just wandering how that's going to go. 1 vote per person, vote as many times as you want, vote for yourself, a one-time vote for all the cars you like. Just wandering on the details.

#161148 - 07/06/08 05:04 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
The rules for voting will be in the voting thread and the voting thread will be made once all of the pics have been collected. The voting thread is a long ways off from now. We're going one step at a time.
Step 1) Take calendar worthy pics of your Grand Prix.
Step 2) Herc and I will collect a single pic no less than 5 megs from each individual that wants to participate.
Step 3) Vote.
Step 4) Create calendar.

#161149 - 07/07/08 12:08 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
GP GT GUY Offline
Loc: Indianapolis
do you guys know when picture submitting will end?

2000 GP GT 20's, altezzas, clears, F/M super 44's, some little blue L.E.D.s

#161150 - 07/07/08 12:11 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
No, it hasn't even begun yet.

#161151 - 07/09/08 08:43 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
4drgt Offline
are engine pictures allowed

to bad i dont have my ss setup frown frown frown
#161152 - 07/09/08 11:49 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Acefighter Offline
What about maybe the winner's being allowed an engine shot? It could be placed in the bottom corner, as an addition to the main picture?

Just a thought. Could even be done in reverse...the engine shot be the winner, and a full-car pic in the bottom corner.
#161153 - 07/10/08 12:02 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:

2) Pic should contain only your Grand Prix. Do not submit your pic if there are any other cars in it, that includes deep in the back ground. No group shots and no partial pics of your Grand Prix.
The winnings pics will be chosen from the pics submitted, the winners do not get any retakes or will be able to add to the pics.
Herc and I will already have the winning pics in the proper meg size and we will not be accepting any other pics from the winners or from anyone once voting begins.

#161154 - 07/12/08 07:59 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Just so everyone knows Bobby and I are in complete agreement with the rules.

People this can be and will be fun. Use your imaginations to stay within the guidelines and take a day to shoot your car. I'm sure every one of you can come up with 100 calander worthy pics that will be with in the rules.

Myself I'm having a hard time comeing up with a location for my "shoot"

When you start looking at your pics ask yourself would a legitamit car calander have a pic like that?
#161155 - 08/09/08 01:25 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
ThunderBat Offline
I did some scouting for shoot locations this past weekend and I have some proofs. When we said no ther cars in the pic does this also apply to vehicles passing in the background? The reason I ask is that I'm considering some nite shots and for slow exposure I cant promise a car wont come by. Would red taillight streak from a passing car be considered out of bounds?

#161156 - 08/13/08 07:07 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
HercMan(Rob) Offline
I would say the red streak is fine as long as the vehicle it's self isn't visible/discernable.
#161157 - 08/17/08 01:37 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Acefighter Offline
Just curious, any idea when the submission will be? I ask because I still need to get my car retinted and resprayed, before I can go get the picture done, and I haven't a clue where to get it resprayed. Now that my a/c is fixed, I can get the tint done - by the end of the month, for sure.

I was just curious how much time I have to get stuff taken care of. I still need to order a plate cover too...
#161158 - 08/19/08 01:55 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
Seems pretty clear ,good job so far guys lets hope it all goes smoothly.Chico(pops)
#161159 - 09/04/08 01:46 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Acefighter Offline
Has anyone that's gone to Laps for Charity paid the extra $10 to have the pic taken of your car in the winners circle? I just ask because I'm curious if that picture follows all the rules for the calendar.
#161160 - 09/04/08 09:17 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Yes and no. What's in the pic (as long as it's just your car) follows the rules. The size/quality won't work. You get the pic printed on paper, you can scan it into your computer but I seriously doubt the quality will be there.

#161161 - 09/05/08 07:35 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Acefighter Offline
Gotcha. Thanks. It wasn't my main idea, but I was curious anyway.
#161162 - 10/03/08 06:38 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
So, where's all the entries?
I know it's only been 3 days since the submission began but there sure was a lot of talk earlier in the year about calendar pics. confused

If we don't get 12 calendar worthy pics, there will be no GPN calendar for 2009. frown

#161163 - 10/03/08 06:47 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Loc: Ontario, Canada
it's a great time for nice pics, the leaves are just starting to fall!!

i'll have to get some nice pics this weekend.
#161164 - 10/04/08 10:16 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
HercMan(Rob) Offline
I plan on getting my car cleaned up and take some pics here in the next week or two. Time just hasn't been on my side.

Going to Talledaga this weekend, next weekend have some handyman work to do for one of my pilots ($150 for eight hours of work wink )
#161165 - 10/08/08 09:28 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
So far 1 entry has been accepted.

#161166 - 10/08/08 02:58 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Is that yours Bobby?
#161167 - 10/08/08 03:02 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
r.s.hutchinson Offline
I'm sure some more will come in by the weekend, that's when I plan on doing some of mine. That and when the weather gets nicer.
#161168 - 10/08/08 04:30 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Acefighter Offline
I work 6 days a week, so I'm trying to find the time to get the pic taken...

*EDIT* nvm, I just found out the place I was going to take my picture at is closed till further notice due to Hurricane Ike. ****! This sucks, it was going to be a killer shot. Now I've got to come up with something else...
#161169 - 10/08/08 09:48 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
Is that yours Bobby?
Crimpton's.
I'm just going to add to that post as I get them until I reach the max of 8, then start a new post in that thread as needed.

As it looks now, if I'm going to submit a pic of mine, I might have to dig in my current pics (which I really don't want to do). I'd much rather go out and click off some new pics, but I just haven't had the time lately. If I do click off some new pics, I'll be pushing it real close to the deadline.

#161170 - 10/09/08 03:23 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
r.s.hutchinson Offline
I have a question about the rules.

One of the rules was no editing except for lighting effects.

What does this mean?

Can you make it black and white?

Add some blur?

Light Flares?

I'm just not sure so I thought I should ask.
#161171 - 10/09/08 03:27 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Richard Candelario Offline
I dont recall seeing the response: are photobucket links acceptable? It would be really tough to get my mountain and airfield pic off my home PC to this laptop to blast off for submission.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#161172 - 10/09/08 06:52 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by r.s.hutchinson:
I have a question about the rules.
One of the rules was no editing except for lighting effects.
What does this mean?
Can you make it black and white?
Add some blur?
Light Flares?
I'm just not sure so I thought I should ask.
No photoshopping (or any other editing software) allowed, except for lighting adjustments.
If your camera can't do it, it's not allowed.

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Candelario:
I dont recall seeing the response: are photobucket links acceptable? It would be really tough to get my mountain and airfield pic off my home PC to this laptop to blast off for submission.
In order to submit a pic you must send either Herc or myself the original pic in high quality, no less than 5 megs in size.
Anything less will be rejected.

#161173 - 10/09/08 07:20 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Wilco. Thanks.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#161174 - 10/10/08 10:32 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Quote:
No photoshopping (or any other editing software) allowed, except for lighting adjustments.
If your camera can't do it, it's not allowed.
Ok, my camera can make it black and white.

Can you define lighting adjustments?
#161175 - 10/10/08 12:25 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by r.s.hutchinson:

Can you define lighting adjustments?
It pretty much speaks for itself.
If your pic needs any lighting correction done to it (too dark/too light), the lighting may be corrected by using a photo editing software.

#161176 - 10/11/08 09:46 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
i submitted a pic. Its an old one, without a few things, but it will have to do. The car is looking pretty ugly right now.
#161177 - 10/13/08 10:46 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
r.s.hutchinson Offline
How is everyone getting 5 mb photos? My 6.1 mp camera only takes like 2 megabyte photos. Sepia and black/white photos are just under 2 mb.

This is the max quality of the camera too and it's not a bad camera.
#161178 - 10/13/08 10:49 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
HercMan(Rob) Offline
You have to go into the menu and select the mb size.
#161179 - 10/13/08 11:22 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Okay I will have to look into that, does it make the quality better? Because I find the quality to be pretty good already, I didn't know there was room for improvement on this cam :p
#161180 - 10/13/08 12:18 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
The actual meg count (file size) will vary from pic to pic.
I would imagine a black and white pic will have smaller file size than a color version of the same pic. A color pic has more values to save than a B&W pic.
Make sure your camera setting is set to a 5 meg pic or higher and the quality setting is set to fine (I'd suggest the use of a tripod) and don't pay attention to the file size of the pic.

The 5 meg that we're asking for refers to the pic size not the actual file size of the pic.

#161181 - 10/13/08 12:47 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Quote:
The actual meg count (file size) will vary from pic to pic.
I would imagine a black and white pic will have smaller file size than a color version of the same pic. A color pic has more values to save than a B&W pic.
Make sure your camera setting is set to a 5 meg pic or higher and the quality setting is set to fine (I'd suggest the use of a tripod) and don't pay attention to the file size of the pic.

The 5 meg that we're asking for refers to the pic size not the actual file size of the pic.
Okay, thanks Bobby and Herc.

I figured the b&w pics would be smaller but I was wondering how I would ever get a 5 meg b&w pic if I can't even get close to that on a color pic.

I'll have to check the size and email you the pic when I get home.

Is there any word on when the calendars will be published/created provided we have the 12 shots? Also, not that it matters but i'm just curious, is their going to be Canadian holidays marked as well? Or just American? for example, today is our Thanksgiving but yours isn't until November I think.
#161182 - 10/13/08 01:23 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
The calendar should be available before the end of the year.
Cafepress.com will be publishing the calendar and it does not appear to have any Canadian holidays marked.

#161183 - 10/14/08 02:43 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Acefighter Offline
Quote:
I work 6 days a week, so I'm trying to find the time to get the pic taken...

*EDIT* nvm, I just found out the place I was going to take my picture at is closed till further notice due to Hurricane Ike. ****! This sucks, it was going to be a killer shot. Now I've got to come up with something else...
HAH, it's open! YES! Hope to take the pic this weekend...

Stupid question though. How do I tell if it's a 5 meg pic, if it's not the actual file size? I can't find a setting in my camera's menu (I've had it for less than a month) and I can't find anything in the manual. It takes pics though that are 3264x2448, so they are freakin' huge. lol
#161184 - 10/14/08 08:20 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
It takes pics though that are 3264x2448, so they are freakin' huge. lol
That'll work.

#161185 - 10/14/08 03:24 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
When emailing your pic please put only your screen name in the subject line, nothing else.
2 of the 3 who have entered, failed on this step.
Please be sure to put only your screen name in the subject field when submitting a pic for the calendar. Failure to follow this step will result in your pic being rejected and you'll have to re-submit your pic, being sure to put only your screen name in the subject field.

This will ensure the proper person gets credit for their pic.

Thank you for your help on this issue.

#161186 - 10/14/08 05:41 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
20gtp02 Offline
When is the deadline?

#161187 - 10/14/08 06:10 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Quote:
Calendar entry pic submission will begin on Wed Oct 1st and run through the end of Oct, ending on Fri Oct 31st. No pics will be accepted after Oct 31st (your time zone).
#161188 - 10/14/08 08:25 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
If you don't have any more member's car for 12 months. Will it is okay if I send you two pictures of my summer car and winter beater? Or it is just one car rule only?
#161189 - 10/14/08 09:26 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by palsut:
If you don't have any more member's car for 12 months. Will it is okay if I send you two pictures of my summer car and winter beater? Or it is just one car rule only?
If we don't get 12 entries, no calendar. I think it would be pointless to continue without 12 entries.

As far as you owning 2 cars, I have to reference back to the rules as they are written from July:
1) Only one pic per entrant shall be submitted.
2) No group shots.

I don't think it'll be fair to everyone else if we were to change up the rules for one person.
I will keep you in mind if we end up being 1 shot short.

#161190 - 10/14/08 10:49 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
palsut Offline
I understand. I hope we can get 11 more left. I will email you my pictures later. It is due October 31st so I might have other plan for other photoshoot. wink
#161191 - 10/15/08 01:04 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
ordonez1307 Offline
Quote:
Quote:
2 of the 3 who have entered, failed on this step.
Please be sure to put only your screen name in the subject field when submitting a pic for the calendar. Failure to follow this step will result in your pic being rejected and you'll have to re-submit your pic, being sure to put only your screen name in the subject field.

This will ensure the proper person gets credit for their pic.

Thank you for your help on this issue.
totally missed that step. Sorry bobby, want me to resubmit?
#161192 - 10/15/08 01:35 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Acefighter Offline
Quote:
Quote:
[b]It takes pics though that are 3264x2448, so they are freakin' huge. lol
That'll work. [/b]
So when you say 5 meg, you mean like 5mp, as in megapixel? That would explain it...lol
#161193 - 10/15/08 07:15 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
totally missed that step. Sorry bobby, want me to resubmit?
No.

#161194 - 10/15/08 07:17 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
So when you say 5 meg, you mean like 5mp, as in megapixel? That would explain it...lol
Yes.

#161195 - 10/15/08 10:45 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Quote:
I understand. I hope we can get 11 more left. I will email you my pictures later. It is due October 31st so I might have other plan for other photoshoot. wink
You only submit 1 picture Palsut.
#161196 - 10/15/08 11:05 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
HercMan(Rob) Offline
You can start a thread and post as many pics as you want to get an idea of which pic would be best for submission. But once you submit a pic that's it.
#161197 - 10/15/08 11:29 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
palsut Offline
yeah sorry I mean picture... not pictures... my error typing wink
#161198 - 10/15/08 09:07 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
palsut Offline
what if I took rear shot with "grand prix" frame without plate. Will it okay?

http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GP1024/GPEXT/Elite+License+Plate+Frames+-+97-03+Grand+Prix.html

There is mine on 2nd row.
#161199 - 10/15/08 11:07 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Yup.

#161200 - 10/16/08 01:11 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Acefighter Offline
Man of few words, aren't you, Bobby? Yes, No, or Yup seems to be all you say. lol
#161201 - 10/16/08 09:54 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
by now the poor man gotta be tired of it. Almost at the end now, Bobby. Yall are doing a great job running this thing.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#161202 - 10/16/08 12:43 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
There's only one thing that's going to make this calendar happen... ENTRIES!

Unless there's going to be a rush of entries over the next couple of weeks, I don't see this calendar happening. Everyone needs to go out and take some pics of their cars (following the rules) and submit an entry!
The Cafepress.com store has already been set up, I'm just waiting for a calendar to put up for sale.
Herc and I aren't doing this for ourselves, we're doing it for you members.

Submit an entry!

#161203 - 10/16/08 06:20 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Acefighter Offline
I'm going to take my pic on my day off next Wednesday.

Come on, people, I want this calendar...
#161204 - 10/16/08 08:13 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
gteisele Offline
Loc: New Jersey
i will post one soon just got a new camera just gotta wash the car haha
(99 GT),K&N 9" intake,ZZP HV TB(68mm), ZZP PCM,ZZP front powerlog, HV3 intake manifold spacer, 3" DP to SLP exhaust,Comp Cam 801 and springs, MSD ignition,Voltage Booster,black housing headlights with HID kit and halos
#161205 - 10/19/08 11:43 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
BlackTop Vinyl Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Im on it, I just gotta find some time. But this calender would be awesome. How much will it cost when its all said and done?
#161206 - 10/20/08 08:41 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
I think it'll be around $15.

#161207 - 10/23/08 09:25 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
snowrider900 Offline
Loc: Owatonna mn
so to get this as clear as it can be, will we be buying this from Cafepress.com or is it going to be like the t-shirts?
#161208 - 10/24/08 08:49 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Cafepress.com
This will prevent a "minimum" qty to meet, and the calendar will be available for purchase all year long.

#161209 - 10/24/08 03:54 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
snowrider900 Offline
Loc: Owatonna mn
cool, thanks
#161210 - 10/25/08 02:24 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Acefighter Offline
IF we get enough submission, anyways. frown
#161211 - 10/26/08 01:58 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Acefighter Offline
Here's a question: How are we going to decide who gets what month? Because my birthday is in February, so I would like that month... lol
#161212 - 10/28/08 02:38 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
palsut Offline
8 cars in months and 4 days to go for due. Hopefully, someone will send it soon this week. Who is tan car on 1st picture? And black car with yellow stuff? I never seen that car before.
#161213 - 10/28/08 08:26 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Tan (bronze) car = gteisele
Black car with yellow = Crimpton

Send in your entries if you haven't already.

There will be 2 calendars available for sale. A "normal" size calendar and an "over sized" calendar.

#161214 - 10/28/08 11:12 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
98greenGT Offline
Any chance that we can extend the due date past the weekend? I'm in the process of detailing the car for the calendar shoot but I might not have it ready by Friday. I understand it's unfair to move it for one person when others had their pictures in on time but considering we don't have 12 cars I think we should consider it just so this thing happens for sure.

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
WizAired CAI, Impala 12" Brake Upgrade, ZZP Alternator Rewire and Voltage Booster, Rotated Dogbone Mounts, Kicker KS690 6x9s, JBL GTO427 4s, JBL P652S 6.5s
2001 Ford F150 XLT SuperCab
Stock, LineX, 212K
#161215 - 10/28/08 11:21 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Due dates will be extended.
More info coming soon.

#161216 - 10/28/08 11:36 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
98greenGT Offline
That's what I like to hear. Thanks Bobby, I apologize for my procrastination. banghead

WizAired CAI, Impala 12" Brake Upgrade, ZZP Alternator Rewire and Voltage Booster, Rotated Dogbone Mounts, Kicker KS690 6x9s, JBL GTO427 4s, JBL P652S 6.5s
Stock, LineX, 212K
#161217 - 10/29/08 01:21 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Acefighter Offline
Being as close as we are, I was hoping it would get extended.

Come ON people, I want this calendar!!
#161218 - 10/29/08 08:23 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
All we need is 3 more and we'll have a calendar.

#161219 - 10/29/08 12:13 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
20gtp02 Offline
What if there is more than 3 more?
Vote..?

#161220 - 10/29/08 12:20 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by 20gtp02:
What if there is more than 3 more?
Vote..?
Well, of course.
12 guarantees us a calendar and at this point in time, all we need is 3 more to get there.

Herc, Chico, T-bat... Where's your submission pics?

#161221 - 10/29/08 12:49 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
ordonez1307 Offline
there are a lot of people that i was hoping would submit pics to make it a calendar that was really nice. and somewhat difficult to get into.
#161222 - 10/29/08 01:41 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
At this point, it's not difficult at all to get your pic on the calendar. So far, all you have to do is submit a pic and you're on the calendar. When we get more than 12 pics, then the voting will play a role.

And being only 3 pics short, this calendar WILL happen, even if I have to come up with a couple of "filler" pics, this thing is a go!

#161223 - 10/29/08 02:18 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Acefighter Offline
Sweet!

I say those of us that got our pics in on time are guaranteed a slot...we have to vote on everyone else. lol
#161224 - 10/29/08 03:34 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Chico Offline
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by 20gtp02:
[b] What if there is more than 3 more?
Vote..?
Well, of course.
12 guarantees us a calendar and at this point in time, all we need is 3 more to get there.

Herc, Chico, T-bat... Where's your submission pics? [/b]
I have sent a couple of pics to Herc but he rejected them ,one because there is a car barely visible way off in the distance and because they are sent from Photobucket and he said they compress the pics to much ,frankly I'm dissapointed I really do'nt know how to send the originals and I just can't seem to get a decent pic.Chico(pops)
#161225 - 10/29/08 04:00 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Chico:
I really do'nt know how to send the originals and I just can't seem to get a decent pic.Chico(pops) [/QB]
Hey pops, in your email, whatever you use whether it be hotmail or gmail or whatever, there should be an option to "attach files".

If you click on attach files it should bring up a window where you can browse folders on your computer, just open up the folder where you saved your pictures and then double click on the picture you want to send. Then send that email to Herc or Bobby and your fullsize picture will be there.

As for the cars being way off in the distance, though many of us don't totally agree with it, unforunately is one of the rules.
#161226 - 10/29/08 07:10 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Chico Offline
THX. I got a pic. in but it's not great I guess I just suck at photography.And what's with the purple special edition (dented up front fender).
#161227 - 10/29/08 07:21 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Tbat, you happen to still have the original to my sig pic? Was it original or was it a photobucket?

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#161228 - 10/29/08 08:15 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Chico:
THX. I got a pic. in
Unfortunately, that pic won't make it on the calendar. It's too small.
In order to be on the calendar you'll have to submit a high resolution pic.
To give you some idea of how your current pic will look, place a standard sized post card on a plain white 11x8 piece of paper turned sideways (landscape).
We need a pic that will take up all of the paper.

#161229 - 10/29/08 10:13 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
98greenGT Offline
Do this mean that the due dates will or will not be extended?

Stock, LineX, 212K
#161230 - 10/29/08 10:23 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
Due dates will be extended.
More info coming soon.

#161231 - 10/29/08 11:09 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
98greenGT Offline
Ok wasn't sure if that was still gonna happen as we keep getting closer to 12 entries.

Stock, LineX, 212K
#161232 - 10/31/08 10:59 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
palsut Offline
So far it is getting good. 10 cars for now. 2 more cars left but Thunderbat and Jaybur still in middle of vote of choice pictures. After that, then it should be finally over soon. wink
#161233 - 10/31/08 03:17 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Acefighter Offline
Now we have 12, still waiting on T-bat.
#161234 - 10/31/08 04:34 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
palsut Offline
Then too bad for t-bat. He is too late wink

It is over and go make me a calendar now! laugh
#161235 - 11/01/08 11:56 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Chico Offline
Quote:
Then too bad for t-bat. He is too late wink

It is over and go make me a calendar now! laugh
Ibelieve it goes to a vote after 12 and since there is 2 silver GP's you may be left out!
#161236 - 11/02/08 12:02 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
palsut Offline
lol I know that. If I'm out then oh well. Next year wink
#161237 - 11/02/08 12:53 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Chico Offline
I'm just yanking your chain,I'm sure you have a good chance of getting in you have a nice clean ride and the picture is great.I may be able to build cars but I suck at photography in fact if you lived closer I may have asked you to take some pics for me .Chico(pops)
#161238 - 11/02/08 12:22 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
palsut Offline
Thank you. I understand. I suck at photography few years ago. I get some tips from car show website about how to take a good pictures. I have drive around to see where I should take a picture with good background. How about if you build me 3800 supercharger engine then I take your picture for free? laugh
#161239 - 11/06/08 06:34 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Are we done with the submissions?

Anyone else planning on submitting an entry?

#161240 - 11/06/08 07:12 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
I'm out.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#161241 - 11/06/08 07:49 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
'01 GT Offline
i think we are finally done! lol now time for the voting process!! laugh

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
#161242 - 11/06/08 07:51 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
00grandprixgt Offline
Quote:
Are we done with the submissions?

Anyone else planning on submitting an entry?
id love to be in the calander but my gp has alot of boo boos NEXT YEAR definetly

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
#161243 - 11/07/08 09:05 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
98greenGT Offline
Well I was going to but it looks like I might be out. Finally got the car perfectly clean and looking great on Wednesday, just had to finish up the rims and what does the weather do? Rains yesterday, snowed and rained today and they're calling for snow/rain tomorrow too.

Hopefully I can get her all cleaned up on Sunday and get some decent pics but I'm not positive I'll be able to.

Stock, LineX, 212K
#161244 - 11/07/08 09:06 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
00grandprixgt Offline
its on the ground here and its like blizzarding here i HATe it lol

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
#161245 - 11/09/08 02:46 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
20gtp02 Offline
I submitted!

#161246 - 11/09/08 08:12 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
'01 GT Offline
so when are we going to start the voting process?

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
#161247 - 11/09/08 08:12 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
00grandprixgt Offline
gosh this going to be hard so many good lookgin cars only 12 spots...... shocked

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
#161248 - 11/10/08 10:30 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
ReDgie the WeDgie Offline
Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada
#161249 - 11/10/08 10:32 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
'01 GT Offline
no license plates and deadline is done.

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
#161250 - 11/10/08 11:49 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
jaybur Offline
Loc: Ashland Oregon
no love for me frown ( in the voting

1994 Honda civic CX hatchback (BIG MPG) STAYING STOCK
*******1999 GT SOLD*****
#161251 - 11/11/08 02:02 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
palsut Offline
You got love from me Jarbur wink

I love this leaves picture.
#161252 - 11/11/08 07:56 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
20gtp02 Offline
So is there more cars, since we are voting on just 6 as of now. I am confused on that part.

#161253 - 11/11/08 08:14 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
palsut Offline
Me too. I don't understand either. They should vote 12 cars then it is over. We have like 15+ cars. It is only like 3 left out.
#161254 - 11/11/08 08:21 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
'01 GT Offline
because there will be TWO rounds of voting! Just like club gp. the first round are the people that will be GAURANTEED a spot.

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
#161255 - 11/11/08 10:26 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
One round of voting.
The reason I asked for 6 votes was to make sure the numbers would have a better chance of being more spread out, to hopefully minimize the chance of any kind of run off.
If there ends up being a need for a run off, it will be delt with at that time.

#161256 - 11/11/08 10:27 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
20gtp02 Offline
So all the cars in the vote, is the total number entered?

#161257 - 11/11/08 10:30 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Yes.
There were a couple of others who wanted to submit an entry but they did not have a pic bigger than 800x600 so I was unable to accept their pics.

#161258 - 11/12/08 08:49 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
and I was one of them.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#161259 - 11/12/08 10:11 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
ReDgie the WeDgie Offline
Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada
sorry boys my bad....missed to deadline...and the plate rule..
#161260 - 11/18/08 09:29 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
98 gtp girl Offline
Loc: dayton ohio
Quote:
and I was one of them.
your signature picture would have been awesome in it!

#161261 - 11/18/08 09:32 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by 98 gtp girl:
Quote:
[b] and I was one of them.
your signature picture would have been awesome in it! [/b]
Yup, that's the pic he was tryin' to get in.

#161262 - 11/19/08 09:21 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
yeah, prob is that I saved the original on PhotoBucket, which severely compressed the pic. The version you see on my sig has been chopped by TBat. No chops allowed. TBat had the compressed original. Bummer.

But I do thank you for the compliment, Mandee.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#161263 - 11/21/08 06:28 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
ThunderBat Offline
It really is toobad we couldnt do chopped backgrounds without altering the car...I really like the way that sig turned out.

#161264 - 11/24/08 09:30 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
Too bad I didnt turn this computer on this weekend, I woulda seen this post earlier.

Now that it's all over, cant you open this file in PS and undo layers? Or would that further modify the pic? Oh, well.

Thanks for your work on this sig, Tim. I LOVE this thing, and doubt I'll be changing it out any time soon.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#161265 - 12/10/08 01:38 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
palsut Offline
So when it will end from this link? Like example 2009 is finally there so it is over? Just wondering. I haven't buy it yet. I'm pretty sure I will buy it nearly end of December. Lot of xmas crap going on :rolleyes:
#161266 - 12/10/08 08:44 AM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
AustinGTP Offline
2009 Calendars will be available throughout the year.

#161267 - 12/10/08 01:23 PM Re: Official Calendar Cover Contest (on hold, more details soon)
palsut Offline
Okay thank you.