Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161530 - 11/05/08 10:25 AM Congrats for your new President.
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Hope he is what USA (and all of us outside USA) are waiting for.

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
----------------------------------
#161531 - 11/05/08 11:17 AM Re: Congrats for your new President.
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
I guess we will see what happen next year. There are lot of upset people from clubgp.com off-topic thread about that. :rolleyes:

Hopefully "change" thing should work out.
#161532 - 11/05/08 11:35 AM Re: Congrats for your new President.
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
Thank god... Honestly, I agree with the republicans on small government, and thats not something Obama will support. However, the only Republican I have ever heard who didn't come off as a huge asshole on a high horse is Ron Paul. That's why I am a libertarian. Best of both the dems and the repubs. Small government, and hands-off citizens' rights.
#161533 - 11/05/08 12:03 PM Re: Congrats for your new President.
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
People put too much stock in one man. Who ever sit's in that chair is nothing but a figuere head.

Only time will tell. At least the campaining is over now.
#161534 - 11/05/08 12:11 PM Re: Congrats for your new President.
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
Exactly, the choice was between a bitter old man and a bright young optimist for that figurehead position.
#161535 - 11/05/08 12:34 PM Re: Congrats for your new President.
20gtp02 Offline
It was exciting.
I really didn't appreciate the Booing during McCain's great speech towards Obama. And when Obama spoke about McCain there were Cheers!

#161536 - 11/05/08 02:06 PM Re: Congrats for your new President.
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
My vote went to Ron Paul. I support McCain more-so than Obama. but I dont agree with either candidate.
#161537 - 11/05/08 03:00 PM Re: Congrats for your new President.
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
I'm a Libertarian too, but I'm just glad it's not mccain. Anyone but McCain.
#161538 - 11/05/08 03:01 PM Re: Congrats for your new President.
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
I would have rather had Hillary than Obama, and I hate the Clintons.

All I have to say is BOHICA
#161539 - 11/05/08 06:35 PM Re: Congrats for your new President.
Richard Candelario Offline
Well, Herc and crew, guess we lost our REALLY nice looking yearly pay raises. 2.5% is back for 4 more years.

But we do have a black man in office, finally! 'Bout time! I really would have preferred to my senator pull it off, but what ever...

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#161540 - 11/05/08 07:08 PM Re: Congrats for your new President.
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Candelario:
Well, Herc and crew, guess we lost our REALLY nice looking yearly pay raises. 2.5% is back for 4 more years.

But we do have a black man in office, finally! 'Bout time! I really would have preferred to my senator pull it off, but what ever...
Richard,

No offense because I appreciate all that you and Herc do...but I haven't had a pay increase in 2 years now. I'd kill for 2.5%.

So just keep that in mind...lots of people are lucky to get any increase at all. wink
#161541 - 11/05/08 07:30 PM Re: Congrats for your new President.
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I don't want Obama.... I wanted McCain... I work right accross the street from McCain's speach area and it was a PITA to get out... tons of police and secrate service....

Obama is too young, too inexperianced. I am more Republican then Democrat, but middle of the line.... Obama's views just scares me with his "change"
#161542 - 11/05/08 07:37 PM Re: Congrats for your new President.
Richard Candelario Offline
Well, Mike, ya see, that's where you and I are more able to make a statement: we've both seen what caliber of a statesman that McCain is by the reform/revitalization of his district, (which includes Maricopa County, which is what Phoenix Metro is in) following the debacle that was Los Angeles of the mid- to late-90s.

Old, he may be, but he is FAR from being in poor health. Especially with how feisty that dude is.

Oh, well. The nation at large has spoken, and as such is their decision. Let's hope that they can live with what is now our decision.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#161543 - 11/05/08 10:45 PM Re: Congrats for your new President.
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by 20gtp02:
It was exciting.
I really didn't appreciate the Booing during McCain's great speech towards Obama. And when Obama spoke about McCain there were Cheers!
I didn't like that either about McCains speech towards Obama. But people don't understand that things are not going to change right away, it may take a couple years or the whole term. The economy crisis is not somethings that going to be back to normal in 1 day. Alot of people where I live voted for Obama because he was black but personally I didn't care for both McCain or Obama but I would rather have Obama then McCain but time will tell how this president will work out. Obama talks a good game but we will see if he do what he says.
#161544 - 11/06/08 02:44 AM Re: Congrats for your new President.
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
What really pisses me off is WHY people voted for Obama. I mean, how many people voted for him simply because he is black? That is a STUPID reason to vote for him, just like voting for McCain because he isn't black is stupid.

Or, people shrug off any bad thing you say about Obama and say "this country can't get any worse than it already is." What? It can't? Well, you're still alive & free aren't you? You still have food, a house, a car, a job? Sounds like things could get A LOT worse. And that's exactly what's about to happen.

I'm amazed at the amount of people I'm hearing that aren't very worried about terrorism because they feel that the threat is made up by the government. Over the past couple months, I have grown dangerously close to despising what this country has become, because it has proven itself to be full of nothing but idiots who have no idea how good they have things. Our country is about to learn the meaning of "you reap what you sow."

I have one last thing I would like to add, and then I will not return to this thread. I'm tired of hearing about politics, and won't partake in any more for the time being.

Quote:

Name: Shannon Richards

Title: I Destroyed America

Yesterday was beautiful
I watched the sun rise
On a desolate America
Gone are the "Spacious skies"

I gave government control
And now they dominate
They own our medicare
And our income rate

I made gas prices skyrocket
And citizens live in fear
We're addicted to foreign oil
Because we won't drill here

I raised taxes on companies
So a layoff was forced
Now 1000's are unemployed
And their work is outsourced

Many don't even try
I've made a land of slobs
Because now welfare pays better
Than American jobs

I destroyed American values
What our forefathers believed in
Now the government tells us
What is and isn't sin

I enabled gun control
In every American State
This makes every home a target
And no one can sleep safe

Now the criminals get guns
Even though their victims couldn't
I destroyed the constitution
Though I promised that I wouldn't

We rehabilitate murderers
And then set them free
Until they kill again
See I banned death penalty

I let foreign families starve
And the innocent bleed
I don't send our army help
Or weapons that they need

Soldiers sacraficed for nothing
Since I brought the rest back
While terrorist rebuild
And prepare another attack

Today I killed a baby
4,000 to be exact
This isn't a statistic
It's just a gruesome fact

No I didn't hold the knife
Or literally harm one soul
But I brought down America
This Nation as a whole

I did my part this year
So I can proudly tip my hat
I helped destroy my Country
I voted Democrat

© Shannon Richards 2008
If I'm wrong about Obama, I will gladly admit it. But when I'm proven right, I will shout I told you so from the mountain tops. And I won't be the only one doing it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >