Rate This Topic
#161788 - 07/12/09 04:02 PM Re: PINKS ALL OUT
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
Quote:
Originally posted by jorgs_7:
Quote:
Originally posted by BoostenGTP02:
[b] September 24th. Sorry forgot to post the date.
On the actual speed network? [/b]
Where the F else would it be? DUH
#161789 - 07/12/09 04:38 PM Re: PINKS ALL OUT
BoostenGTP Offline
ZZP's blown head wink
http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr239/oneslowgreengt/Pinks%20All%20Out%20131/DSC_1908.jpg

from Matt at ZZP.

"Anyhow, yes we got a couple good runs in both within a tenth and well into the 8s. I think the best was an 8.78 using a 40 shot on the launch and 20psi. We decided to use the bottle on the launch because the pro tree was too fast to get any decent boost at the line. The nitrous worked, but spun pretty bad. The next pass, the nitrous didn't work, and it ran 8.87 or so. We figured out that the solenoid was not opening due to the bottle pressure against it. I guess I'm done with Edelbrock nitrous solenoids. Unfortunately, the quick 8 cutoff was 8.47, and we needed the bottle to get there. We put in a big jet and planned to spray the whole pass. The boost, nitrous, and tune was aggressive enough to run a 1.2x sixty foot and trap ~162. We tried to get the solenoid working right in the staging lanes, and it just wouldn't work. In a rush to get the nitrous working, we ran out of time and I never got a chance to alter the tune. I wasn't too worried since I didn't expect the nitrous to work anyway. Well, it worked.. Unfortunately, 24psi, lots of timing, 12.5 to 1afr, after sitting on the anti-lag timing for several seconds before we got an arm-drop = ouch. The tires roasted off the line and the engine sat on the rev limiter. I peddled it a couple times and then flames shot out of the back of the hood and under the car. I let off around half track and ran a high 10. We pulled the head off in the pits and had another one getting picked up from the shop. Once they officially called the quick 8 and the 32 car field, we were done racing and called it a night. All in all, it was a great time at this event. I will definitely go again if I get a chance. "
#161790 - 07/12/09 08:29 PM Re: PINKS ALL OUT
BoostenGTP Offline
#161791 - 07/13/09 02:37 AM Re: PINKS ALL OUT
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by BoostenGTP02:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvnw_0T1iRY Video of the TTGT running.
Warning: Understatement of the week:

Wow, that thing is quick. jawdrop

I would love a ride down the strip in that car...
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2