Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#162067 - 09/12/07 01:37 AM Re: TMS
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
oh yeah I'll get it done...may have to work a double today so maybe not til tomorrow (you know how the work thing goes)

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#162068 - 09/12/07 02:11 AM Re: TMS
Kev-GTP Offline
Loc: Dallas, Tx
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
I'm gonna jump on board with this thread...Kev I'm sorry I didnt think to shoot any pics of your ride while we were at the track...I gotta say folks, I'm usually not a big fan of silver colored cars but when Kev rolled up in his "Silver Bullet" I had to pick up my jaw. The black rims, dark tint, black accents and roof rails really make the color on this car pop...but get a good look before he hits his HIDs (he could pick up part time work floodlighting for the local police) lol

I'm with everyone else here (no pressure laugh ) on hoping the video turns out (do you think "Breakdown" by Tantric from the "Driven" soundtrack would make great soundover for a video montage? (just a thought)...not to sound selfish or anything, but if I dont get some vid footage of my last blast around I'm gonna be a sad puppy (I wish I had thought quick enough to have grabbed the cam we were using in-car...that headrest bar Bobby had was the stuff!)

I'm really glad you got to drive and Bobby already commented about your intake noise, but when I was behind you that ripping exhaust note reminds me of the original 69 Z28. That 302 small block was a hi-revving screamer that made your neck hair stand up...awesome car thumbsup

more posts and pics on the way!
Thanks for all the compliments, Tim. You know your bullits make mine and Bobby's look small sitting side by side. I still say you are the winner when it comes to looks man. (now all you need is some speeeeeed laugh )
But don't worry, I'm trying to get a hold of the footage but my very busy friend hasn't gotten a chance to work on it so when I get it you all will know. I'm as anxious as you all are about getting this video made, it was so much fun.
#162069 - 09/12/07 03:01 AM Re: TMS
ThunderBat Offline
Lookin forward to it Kev, and I know the other are too...I gotta feeling youre gonna make it worth the wait.

the whole TMS road trip was real memory maker...it was so great to meet the people on the "other side of the keyboard" and see how their personalities went along with what they post. I mentioned both RooK and NorthTnGuy in the London mini meet thread so you can check out those pics over there.
I stopped off in Memphis on the way down to shoot a few pics with "The Pyramid" in the background...pretty cool looking place.

Then it was westward across Arkansas (boy do those roads need work!) the semi traffic has worn ruts in the already rough concrete hiways and it was making me regret installing lowering springs (My God Bones, what have I done?)
Then it was Texarkana and onward to Dallas-FtWorth...I passed thru Dallas at about 1130pm so I got great view of the lighted skyline...only shortly after did I see the sign saying "26 miles to Ft Worth" (geez theyre so close on the map!)

The next morning I set out to find car wash. The front of my car looked like insect genocide with one splat easily the size of my thumb. I thought to myself that somewhere there was a bug colony without their queen, and maybe many of her mindless loyal drones as well. After drying the car off I got a call from Bobby asking directions to the hotel...we got some wires crossed and they wound up near the speedway and had to double back...my bad on saying west instead of east (or the other west as Bobby reminded me)...I was parked in Scotty's Diner lot when I saw the GP brigade turn the corner...I gotta say its a pretty cool sight when you finally see cars in person that youve looked at in pics so often. We checked out each others rides for a bit (hey ya gotta do that) before we set off on our whole "hard rock" adventure (insert chosen barb here)

Later we found some locations for photos, many of which youve already seen, but I did grab this one that I like a lot.

later we headed out to the speedway and caught the setting sun for some great shots...these you seen as well but I'd like to offer some views on each members ride.

For those of you who havent had the pleasure of seeing our fearless moderator's ride up close, youre missing a treat. I had the distinct honor and pleasure to be able to drive his car on the track so he could get some shots of it in motion. The blower whine mixed with exhaust under full throttle is sweet music indeed, and this thing pulls on the top end like a big dog.
But this car is also one that demands a closer look. To the uninformed, the Bullitts might pass for factory equipment, the LEDs under the door handle emit a soft glow on the white paint while the red overlays and lower grilles make you take subtle notice of the attention to detail. I would also be remiss if I didnt mention how clean his engine bay is which all the more impressive for a daily driver...Two thumbs up Bobby!

(on to next post)

#162070 - 09/12/07 03:24 AM Re: TMS
ThunderBat Offline
Check out the sun glistening off the paint on Arcx's GTP...

I would challenge any member of this board to see this car in person and be able to muster a red car razz...when this ride is parked in the sunlight the paint is so shiny and bright that it almost tells your brain that youre about to touch a hot over burner "watch out, its hot!"
Clean and bright is the order of the day with this car, from its silver torque stars to its sharp gray leather interior. The twin bright exhaust outlets bark a healthy note from outside while the interior drone isnt anywhere near what my car used to be. Watching Arcx stab the throttle and manually shift gears tells you this gal digs her car...all this ride is missing is a license plate frame that echos her old bumper sticker "you just got beat by a girl"...sweet ride Arcx!

I also need to make mention that Arcx really made my night at TMS...being the only un-pressurized GP in attendance, I was feeling a bit horsepower inadequate, with looks and stiff springs being my only edge for running hot laps.
When I took Bobbys car out for a turn, she asked if she could drive the T-Bat. I was befuddled that she would want to given her GTP but I figured the girl has been here before so I think she's got the goods. After we came back to the pit area she got out with a wide smile on her face and said "I'll never call this car slow again...I had way more fun than I did in mine!"
High praise to be sure...there is something to be said for a car that rips thru corners...I'm sure she'll get this ride of hers there one day and when she does its gonna be awesome. thumbsup

(on to next post)

#162071 - 09/12/07 03:50 AM Re: TMS
ThunderBat Offline
Nothing adds to car pic quite like sunset...the only thing I like better is a sweet night shot...and this car excells at both.

Slick's GTP reminds me of a stealth attack aircraft. From the low stance to the wide tires on stout silver wheels, the black paint with dark window tint to the fearsome exhaust outlets, everything about this car says "all business" The he cranks the engine over and women and small children run for cover. This car passing you under full throttle on the freeway is close akin to a low flying F-14. First the scream of the blower reaches your ear as he closes in your side mirror, then he roars past as you watch those thruster exhaust tips get small as the distance grows...the only things missing are a little afterburner flame and a vapor trail.
Slick also gets props for being our resident tech support (we do need to get him a GPS) and our camera car. When we were leaving the track we got in the tunnel and Slick was behind me...he clicked up to neutral and gave his car a couple of healthy revs. I said to myself "get me the heck out of here before the cement starts to crack" usa

#162072 - 09/12/07 10:38 AM Re: TMS
SlickGTP Offline
Loc: Houston, TX
Awesome pics TBat!

Thanks for the vehicle commentary. It raises the pride held for all we've done to our cars to a new level. cheers cheers cheers

Kinda sorta, yeah, no?

'02 Black GTP - RIP 03/03/08 ||| '06 Black G35 MT6 - Stock ||| '73 Chevy half ton(resurrected)
#162073 - 09/12/07 10:50 AM Re: TMS
Richard Candelario Offline
Tim, it's almost like you write for C&D or HRM or something. Great story, beautiful pics. yall do have some gorgeous cars and have acheived a lot with them. Also, many bonus kudos for going out and supporting a charity with your cars.

Question: does Bobby's car have a pink tint to it or was that lighting?

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#162074 - 09/12/07 10:56 AM Re: TMS
ThunderBat Offline
someday it'll have the horsepressure to back those looks up laugh

btw, do you think you could get me some GM part #s on the CompG springs? no big hurry cuz I aint changin them out no time soon...but I'd like to check GMparts direct for some prices.

the pink hue on Bobbys car in the pic is from the sunset...it was one of those beautiful red/orange glowing thru the clouds kind of deal.

#162075 - 09/12/07 11:04 AM Re: TMS
oh, makes sense to me with the clouds. nice angle.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#162076 - 09/12/07 12:31 PM Re: TMS
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
There's room for only one Pink Panther on this forum.

crazy

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#162077 - 09/12/07 01:44 PM Re: TMS
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
Excellent write-up and awesome GP eye candy pics!! Looks like you all had a great time!! thumbsup thumbsup
#162078 - 09/12/07 01:49 PM Re: TMS
mayhaps chemeleon? either way, awesome cars.

I...am not...worthy. lol

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#162079 - 09/12/07 07:58 PM Re: TMS
20gtp02 Offline
I was reading that long great post, and wondered the same thing "You sure, TBat, you don't write for some magazines?" Anyways, I should of went. I wish I had. If there is another big meet, I'll make it!

#162080 - 09/12/07 08:52 PM Re: TMS
Kev-GTP Offline
Loc: Dallas, Tx
Quote:
Originally posted by 20gtp02:
I was reading that long great post, and wondered the same thing "You sure, TBat, you don't write for some magazines?" Anyways, I should of went. I wish I had. If there is another big meet, I'll make it!
Second Sat. of May. Same place. Be there or be square. I will def. make it out there again.
#162081 - 09/12/07 08:56 PM Re: TMS
northtnguy Offline
Loc: Nashville, TN
Tim,

I'm a little upset you didn't tell them how amazed you were when I raised the hood of MY car!!! lol