Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#162154 - 12/15/05 01:27 AM diecast fans (56k warn)
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
most everyone here knows that I dig diecast cars,and I love Firebirds as well as customs by Rad Rides' Troy Trepanier. So when my brother came by and dropped off my birthday present, I opened it to find a diecast car shot from my heart. It aint perfect, but its pretty close. Check out this radical 70 Firebird from Jada Toys "Big Time Muscle"

Silver isnt generally my favorite color, but the metallic finish on this car is pretty sweet. love the wheel flares and the twin scoop Formula hood.

the stance of the car is just awesome...reminds me of the 70 Cuda "Sick Fish" which sported 19s and 22s

I love the rotors and calipers, plus the side exhaust and shaved door handles

The interior is too cool...custom dash, billet door handles,pedals,steering wheel and that slick "U"handle shifter like in the 69 Camaro.

The engine bay has that modern street machine look as well...twin cone filters leading to a fuel injection plenum...love the red chrome valve covers.

the stance once again from the rear...that huge,narrowed diff housing and those wide meats tucked up under the body is bad-to-the-bone...this is some pretty awesome detail for a 1:24 scale,and I realize this is a lot of hype over a diecast car...but its so close to something I'd build myself if I had the means. I'd definitely want the T-roof and a different paint job, but man what a cruiser that would be thumbsup

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#162155 - 12/15/05 08:30 AM Re: diecast fans (56k warn)
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
That's awsome.
It's been awhile since I've bought any die cast.
I need to update my collection.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#162156 - 12/15/05 10:51 AM Re: diecast fans (56k warn)
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Sweet!!!

I really diggin it!
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#162157 - 12/15/05 12:47 PM Re: diecast fans (56k warn)
ThunderBat Offline
cant wait until my wife opens her Santa gift this year (Canon digital Rebel XT)...she already has a macro lens for those super up-close shots...should be able to shoot some great diecast pics with that set-up.

As far as the car goes, I've thought so much about how cool it would be to take an old 80-81 Turbo Trans Am and junk that lousy 301 engine. Then after a host of mods, install a full-tilt L67 and go giant killing laugh cool

#162158 - 12/15/05 04:02 PM Re: diecast fans (56k warn)
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I'm just not a fan of those big dubs on that body style. The stance is right reminds me of a Pro-stock door slammer. Some Torque thrusts with lots of sidewall on the rear would make it complete. All in all pretty nice gift you recieved. I've been toying with the idea of starting a diecast collection. But I have a hard time buying stuff that sit's on a shelf. LOL
#162159 - 12/16/05 03:22 AM Re: diecast fans (56k warn)
ThunderBat Offline
I figure its a close as I'll ever come to owning any of these exotics or wild customs...I'm sure that in time some of the cars in my case will become collector items because they represent an age of cars gone by...I dont buy them for collector value though, i just want the ones I cant have for real or ones that represent some moment in history that is important to me...(and I know I got less money tied up in my car collection than Jay Leno does!)

#162160 - 12/16/05 07:51 AM Re: diecast fans (56k warn)
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
cant wait until my wife opens her Santa gift this year (Canon digital Rebel XT
Nice choice!
thumbsup

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.