Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#163646 - 09/06/05 07:01 PM Re: ***News Flash***
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
V-twins are big on torque and short on HP...the price you pay for that Harley-esque exhaust note. But cruisers are about style, sound and looks, not peg scraping and knee dragging. As far as my sons friend goes, all I can say is there are worst types he could hang around with, so I dont complain. (but he could use some education)

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#163647 - 09/06/05 07:09 PM Re: ***News Flash***
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
V-twins are big on torque and short on HP...the price you pay for that Harley-esque exhaust note.
LOL nothing HDesqe about the sound of mine. It sounds like a well oiled sewing machine and it's gonna stay that way smile I wanna keep my hearing smile
#163648 - 09/07/05 02:06 PM Re: ***News Flash***
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
I hate the fact that every young guy with an import that has been lower to scrape height and has a fart can muffler now thinks its a race car...and they think their ability to weave thru traffic on the interstate shows their driving skill...my son dropped by with one of his friends last week who owns a Neon, equipped with the king hell aluminum wing and coffee can exhaust...first he proudly announced that he was going to enter a drifting contest with his car (it was all I could do to hold my tongue) then he expressed his disgust that he had lost a roll-on drag race to my sons' car (my old 95 Intrepid, 3.3six,duals &a CAI...200k)...I lost all control...I felt like challenging him to a grudge match at VA motorpark on their next open night and take my mild GT and spank him back home to Momma. What dream world are these guys living in? I cant blame them for wanting the 4cyl cars with gas like it is, but get real.
and they always talk about how lightweight the car is, and then say that since they have half of your engine size, you should be twice as fast.
#163649 - 09/08/05 03:49 AM Re: ***News Flash***
Dementeddj Offline
Loc: Kansas (Redneck Country)
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
LOL nothing HDesqe about the sound of mine. It sounds like a well oiled sewing machine and it's gonna stay that way smile I wanna keep my hearing smile
LOL lol That's the exact reason I'm getting a smaller sportbike, cause I've got nothing to prove, and I would like to hear the things my kids do while they are growing up!!! laugh laugh
98 GTP GMPP handling kit, HomemadeFWI, MSD coils, Taylor wires, 180 drilled tstat, TR6IX plugs, Intense STD PCM, JimmyC DP, Thrasher shift kit (mild setting), AGX/Intrigue spring setup, drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully more to come
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2