Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#163822 - 05/14/06 02:59 AM Laps for Charity pics and vid
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Here's a few quick pics. I ended up doing too much visiting and not enough picture taking.
Turn out was better than it has been. Waited in line for about an hour before we went out on the track. I got stuck behind a freaking Suburban. At one point we were cruising around the turns at a whooping 55MPH. It's pretty bad when I tried to get some distance between me and the Suburban and couldn't.

Here's a short crappy vid...

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#163823 - 05/14/06 03:18 AM Re: Laps for Charity pics and vid
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
it does look like there were a lot more people this year then last. I remember it only took you guys like 10-15 minuets to get on the track ill have to go next year. do you know if they will let bikes on the track or not i cant remember.

#163824 - 05/14/06 07:17 AM Re: Laps for Charity pics and vid
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
You suck!!!! JK thumbsup
#163825 - 05/14/06 08:40 AM Re: Laps for Charity pics and vid
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
it must have been pretty frustrating to have gotten there and then get stuck behind a Suburban...a Suburban?...who the heck takes a family bus on the racetrack anyways?!...if I had driven all the way down there and that happened to me I would have been supremely POed.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#163826 - 05/14/06 10:51 AM Re: Laps for Charity pics and vid
AustinGTP Offline
Jeremy, yes but bikes are not allowed on the turns, they must stay on the apron.

T-bat, it SUCKED!!! (but still fun)
The fastest I got was about 85. I had to get on the brakes pretty hard to keep from bumping him.
While I was waiting for my pic in victory lane, some looser past a car and the whole group got brought in after 1 lap. Not sure what happened to that group. The guy in the GTX behind me about told us about it while he was waiting for us.

Herc, You had your chance last Sept when you were in Ft Worth and didn't tell anyone untill you got back. crazy

thumbsup

ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#163827 - 05/14/06 11:46 AM Re: Laps for Charity pics and vid
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
That's because I was doing something a little more important at the time.

http://www.robandcatsworld.com/katrina.htm

devilgrin
#163828 - 05/14/06 05:45 PM Re: Laps for Charity pics and vid
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
its been a while since i saw a cessna upside down. last time i saw that was at the airplane graveyard in Mojave, CA.

#163829 - 05/15/06 10:54 AM Re: Laps for Charity pics and vid
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Aside from being behind a Suburban, looks like a fun time.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#163830 - 05/15/06 11:08 AM Re: Laps for Charity pics and vid
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
hey it might be a crappy little video but it looks pretty cool from over here thumbsup ...I really want to go back to Indy and take the Richard Petty driving experience...it might be almost a grand but how else am I gonna get to take a lap around the brickyard (8 laps actually)

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#163831 - 05/15/06 11:54 AM Re: Laps for Charity pics and vid
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
it might be almost a grand but how else am I gonna get to take a lap around the brickyard (8 laps actually)
Become a pro driver??? hammer
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#163832 - 05/15/06 12:12 PM Re: Laps for Charity pics and vid
AustinGTP Offline
T-bat, about four years ago my wife gave me the Team Texas Driving School for my birthday. I had 2 10 laps segments. It was freaking awsome. It was at TMS, and boy you can really feel the G's in the turns. I went 150mph down the front and back stretch and 140mph in the turns. Petty doesn't allow passing, Team Texas does. Petty has you in the car by yourself, following the instructor. Team Texas has the instructor in the car with you.
It was something I'll never forget.

#163833 - 05/15/06 05:33 PM Re: Laps for Charity pics and vid
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Just driving there must be amazing, but yes i can imagine your foot on the gas shaking and sweating, wanting to go deeper...

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
----------------------------------
#163834 - 05/17/06 01:43 PM Re: Laps for Charity pics and vid
Dementeddj Offline
Loc: Kansas (Redneck Country)
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
hey it might be a crappy little video but it looks pretty cool from over here thumbsup ...I really want to go back to Indy and take the Richard Petty driving experience...it might be almost a grand but how else am I gonna get to take a lap around the brickyard (8 laps actually)
go take a tour, you get to go a lap around Indy (in a bus, but hey, it's still a lap, right?) laugh
98 GTP GMPP handling kit, HomemadeFWI, MSD coils, Taylor wires, 180 drilled tstat, TR6IX plugs, Intense STD PCM, JimmyC DP, Thrasher shift kit (mild setting), AGX/Intrigue spring setup, drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully more to come