Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#164113 - 04/22/05 10:28 AM Im going to puke.
GtCombination Offline
Loc: New York
I decided to drive up to the local store in my truck to grab me a new fuel filter for the gt( doesnt pass the fact that i need a fuel pump and i keep prolonging the fix) and WHAM. I see the ugliest looking GTP in the world. At times i wish i had a camera, because im sure you would all get a laugh. This Thing was lowered, 18's, body kit, carbon fiber wing six inches up on two polished aluminum stands, Lambo door kit with shaved handles, Silly ass cowl, Un-aligned badges out the ass, and Chrome weather stripping everywhere there was a place to put it. and a whole bunch of things youd expect to pick up from an import store. I had to laugh my ass off after feeling like i was going to puke. I was so tempted to get a closer look but i was scared of catching some weird disease. That disease causing me to do something awfull to my gt. All the stickers placed so randomly along the kit didnt seem to match the car anyhow, i could tell the rotors, calipers etc were stock with a little dress up paint. Most likely this thing was not even a Gtp. With that much show, there's usually no go. Imports are just dressers to me. The only thing this thing had going for it was the paint job. Looked fairly recent, but it was a nice light blended metalic green. But that does no justice, If i knew who was driving it i woulda gave them the advice to strip it right down, and keep only the rims and the paint job. Idiot left it outside with the doors open. If i see it again and the doors open, that colum is being broken, and the car is going to be put in its respectfull place. The river. But eh, its just me. I think alottttttttta stuff is way too overated. Im'a sleeper kinda guy.

" A true REAL mod takes longer than 1 hour to install"
" Dont like it then smile like a donut "
#164114 - 04/22/05 10:38 AM Re: Im going to puke.
GtCombination Offline
Forgot to put it in a blunt sentance. " Picture a green turd with a wing "

#164115 - 04/22/05 10:58 AM Re: Im going to puke.
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
no

Now don't you go do something like that to your GP.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#164116 - 04/22/05 11:19 AM Re: Im going to puke.
GtCombination Offline
I couldnt, thats just inhumane. I forgot to mention this thing had a Vr4 exhaust on it. So i know it would shot like -Insert soup can exhaust- hehe. 1/4 inbred. Only way i noticed is im rather familiar to the Twin turbo because im helping a freind lighten up his third heavy beast.

#164117 - 04/22/05 11:21 AM Re: Im going to puke.
DoberManJT Offline
Loc: North Carolina - Raleigh/Cary
While I was at Advance Auto last night I saw a white mustang 5.0 pull into the parking lot... super dark illegal tint, chrome lower body pieces, lots of weird, non-sensical decals for import companies, a friggin giant red "R" decal (as in type-R? I guess), bling-bling waste-of-money spinners and to top the whole thing off he had a modest aftermarket spoiler...... with a second, larger spoiler bolted ontop of it! And who steps out? A young white kid with a side-cocked ballcap and pants sagging to his knees
no no no no

04 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, LPE intake system, headers, dyno tune from "RPM"

http://photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dobermanjt/GrandPrix/
#164118 - 04/22/05 11:45 AM Re: Im going to puke.
GtCombination Offline
Funny sometimes. But gotta be carefull with the 5.0's. Theres alotta sleepers out there. never liked them myself. But when i see people like that its just throws of a "look's no hook's" vibe. When i inquire about the cars i get the hype talk with the run around as i ask for deeper details, then out comes the trash talk of something they know about. my car. most of the time im looking for my tire iron to help their car look better but a guesture of a performance test usually keeps them quiet. I dont like singles. Always gotta be atleast two, so he cant shrug off the loss, and all his freinds bust on him and maybe he will smarten up. Yeah i'll admit it ive lost some, to sleepers, but i never talk trash, common decency. Another topic, is it just me or does every "Cavalier/Neon" driver think their driving a monster? Cant tell you how many times idiotic drivers sit there and rev their engine like theres a tweaked J-spec under the hood.I dont mind responding to that with a growl redline snap for two seconds ( Take in mind ring ridge/all other pre-cautions have been taken so a little redline action doesnt hurt ) Keeps me going though, a lil fun and laughter here and there. Btw i dont condone street racing, If by chance i do get a little heavy on the pedal its my safety that runs me rampant and not my foot/ego. I'd rather just laugh and point than cry in dismay as my ride is wrecked or being towed by the police.

#164119 - 04/22/05 01:39 PM Re: Im going to puke.
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
Heh. Well, there is the SRT-4 turbocharged Neon, you know. I doubt you came up against one, though. kooky And that is Arcxnus' story of the day .. She is very glad she doesn't meet many people like that. laugh
#164120 - 04/22/05 01:51 PM Re: Im going to puke.
GtCombination Offline
The Srt-4's pack a nice punch and are really distinctive and have not had the pleasure to get torn up by one. I've test drove one and seems to be a really nice sporter. but i really dont see them out on the raod that much, actually to be honest i have not seen one on the road. As for the mustang and guy with the camera, either liked the car or the driver. or both laugh

The whole type R thing gets to me too. Now a days everything says type r. Even the air fresheners. I hope its not a "racing" ( common term, hehe) Air fresh. I'd rather think more of r meaning Rancid?

#164121 - 04/22/05 01:57 PM Re: Im going to puke.
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
There's a blue SRT-4 that I always see parked at the college .. I've never seen it actually move, though. Lol. I always see it parked, never anywhere else. I guess they're not really popular, for all the HP they seem to have.

And that Mustang better have liked the car and not me! Sexy Grand Prix > me. lol

(And I personally think "Type-R" badges, real or no, aren't all that attractive. Even the name "Type-R" doesn't instill much fear in me .. shocked Maybe SVT, but not Type-R. lol )
#164122 - 04/22/05 02:14 PM Re: Im going to puke.
GtCombination Offline
Very true. A few of my past run-in's that always send a chill down my spine, are SRT, and Svt, there are several others, but those stay most implanted. Back 2 years ago before my dodge was fully modded up, i had the pleasure to fool around with a Viper. I tore him up to 60 mph.

Now the factors :rolleyes:

Of course i had my truck in 4 wheel
Of course the other driver decided to sit at the line and make a lil smoke
Of course he never shifted out of 1rst.
Of course once he shifted i was eating smke because when he did shift he left a nice 20 foot burn out in my windsheld

But i think i had him for a second..
hehe only in my dreams.

#164123 - 04/22/05 08:21 PM Re: Im going to puke.
WYTHE Offline
Loc: Campbell River B.C.
Other than those four things you mentioned it sounds like you really taght him a lesson! lol lol
#164124 - 04/23/05 09:59 AM Re: Im going to puke.
GtCombination Offline
hehe