Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#164557 - 04/01/08 02:37 PM Re: Loss of a Regal!
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
Quote:
Originally posted by 4drgt:
[b] if you find it "disrespectful" to want to fix cars then so beit to each his own i guess.
You completely missed the point. The point is that you said "i'll buy the junked car from ya." Its not the fact that you want to fix it, its the fact that it was like a child to that guy, just the way that all of us are about our cars, and to call it a "junked car" in the 2nd post in the guys thread is messed up. Do you really think that is what the guy wants to hear as soon as it happens? Its just a fact of taking a second to let the dude at least recover from his physical injuries before you go and ask to buy his "junked car". [/b]
i agree with u 110% i understand andrew wants to fix it up but just let the guy regroup himself after some idiot was the cause for his totaled car....the guy said he cried so it obviously means that the car meant everything to him so u dont just go and be like "ooo i want that wrecked car!!" its just the principle to respect the guys space for a month or so to allow him to get over what just happened.

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#164558 - 04/01/08 04:25 PM Re: Loss of a Regal!
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
My God! Def coulda been worse, glad to hear the guy is OK.

...I'm gonna have to side with Ordonez on the off-topic subject. I understand the body-man standpoint, but give the guy a little room to regroup with his loss. I'm sure you understand what everyone is tring to say.

#164559 - 04/01/08 07:09 PM Re: Loss of a Regal!
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
i was a huge jeep guy, out messen around one day i rolled my jeep, smashed the windows crushed the roof, basicly every pannel on the car was gone, it landed back on the wheels so i changed the rim and drove it home, after that i called the local body shops and got an est for the ins comp, not even 2hrs later i had the junkyard called and the car sold!!! yes i still have alot of parts from the jeep, but you have to look its a material item. maybe if the car had a story behind it?
#164560 - 04/01/08 07:22 PM Re: Loss of a Regal!
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Every car has a story behind it. My car is like my firstborn child, and it really seems like this guy felt the same way. For him to shed a tear when the insurance company said it was totalled shows that he really did care for the car. I guess you dont understand the mentality of how close some of us get to our cars.
#164561 - 04/01/08 08:08 PM Re: Loss of a Regal!
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
ok andrew thats a completely different situaton then what u said to him....ok i can understand if HE contacted ppl on here but U went to him and said "I want UR car"

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2