Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#164808 - 03/21/05 02:04 PM Water spots...
wishitwasaGTP Offline
Loc: Long Beach,MS
Does anyone know how to get rid of the water spots on your windows? I tried some windex and a razor blade and that didnt work to well. Is there maybe a stronger cleaner I could try???
#164809 - 03/21/05 02:43 PM Re: Water spots...
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
those must be some pretty stubborn water spots...sometimes the polarizied effect of tinted windows (factory tint I mean) can look like spots when its really just the glass and that leaves nothing to do...if you really do have stained glass then try some of the cleaning compound as used for aircraft, that actually cleans and slicks the glass so moisture will run off and not bead...or you can ask someone at a local high end parts store that carries the Meguiar's line of showcar care products...Meguiar's makes an extensive series of products and I'm sure they make a glass cleaner similar to the aircraft type...there is also a polish out there called "liquid glass" but it is a polish and therefore has very little abrasive in it. Liquid Glass will slick the glass to keep water from beading but it will not remove any existing stains...a good home remedy for cleaning (if you can take the odor)is one part alcohol, one part vinegar, to six or seven parts water, then wipe the glass with newspaper...I know it sounds crazy but it will get off just about any case of road grime out there...hope this helps

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#164810 - 03/21/05 02:57 PM Re: Water spots...
wishitwasaGTP Offline
Loc: Long Beach,MS
Theres no stain on the glass. I had some armorall glass cleaner I was gong to use but couldnt find it so I tried windex. It took them off a bit but not entirly. I want to get them of and coat the windows so they wont spot again. I like really CLEAN glass. I know something out there takes it off b/c I bought a car once that you could tell the door mirrors were cleaned b/c around the outer rim of the mirror you could still see a bit of the spots and it looked like it had been cleaned on the rest of the mirror. Vinegar was and idea I just didnt have any.
#164811 - 03/21/05 08:11 PM Re: Water spots...
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
Crack all your windows, call your insurance company, tell them your car was vandalized, get new windows.*

*Please check to see if you insurance covers free glass replacement. Massachusetts does, so it's as easy as that to get new glass.
#164812 - 03/22/05 02:01 AM Re: Water spots...
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
well hell, why didnt I think of that?!...hope you dont do that often Bryant, lol ...on a first name basis with your insurance agent are we?

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#164813 - 03/22/05 08:10 AM Re: Water spots...
BryantGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
well hell, why didnt I think of that?!...hope you dont do that often Bryant, lol ...on a first name basis with your insurance agent are we?
I don't do it often, but when I bought my 3000GT it had a really bad tint job, so I cracked my back windows, got ir replaced, and got new tint. Those back windows are expensive with the defrosters lines and crap.

And I am on a first name basis with my insurance agent because he's a family friend and my family has 9 registered vehicles. How could you not know us? We're a gold mine in Taxachusetts.
#164814 - 03/22/05 12:21 PM Re: Water spots...
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Originally posted by BryantGTP:
Crack all your windows, call your insurance company, tell them your car was vandalized, get new windows.*

*Please check to see if you insurance covers free glass replacement. Massachusetts does, so it's as easy as that to get new glass.
Wow, insurance fraud. nice. laugh

You better hope the Feds aren't reading this.
#164815 - 03/22/05 01:00 PM Re: Water spots...
BryantGTP Offline
I'm not incredibly concerned. I would be the first person to get in trouble for breaking my glass and getting it replaced. I figure I've made up for it by getting surcharged for an accident that I wasn't even in the car for.
#164816 - 03/23/05 01:43 AM Re: Water spots...
Dementeddj Offline
Loc: Kansas (Redneck Country)
Quote:
Originally posted by BryantGTP:
[QUOTE]know us? ...gold mine in Taxachusetts.
actually, if you look, I believe that Kansas has the highest vehicle registration/taxation in the nation. somebody told me that and with as much as i pay per year, i believe it!!!! eek eek

crazy devilgrin
98 GTP GMPP handling kit, HomemadeFWI, MSD coils, Taylor wires, 180 drilled tstat, TR6IX plugs, Intense STD PCM, JimmyC DP, Thrasher shift kit (mild setting), AGX/Intrigue spring setup, drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully more to come
#164817 - 03/23/05 06:37 AM Re: Water spots...
BryantGTP Offline
That doesn't make my insurance any cheaper.

MA is all messed up cause there were too many Democrat governors f***ing up the system.