Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#165040 - 03/26/08 05:54 PM Well today...Mercedes-Benz AMG S63 FTW!!
20gtp02 Offline
Well my buddy called me up to see if I could help him sell a car (Porsche) for one of his dads buddies. Well we've actually sold small things for this guy before, some lawyer with tons of money. Anyways, we go to his 9th floor office, over looking Daytona and the beach (wow what a view) and speak to him about this car. I also went there to speak to him about a job offer, running a new Texaco that opened a few months back that he just now acquired. I would take over the store and be the big HEAD!
Anyways, back to the car. So he says lets go outside and check this car out. So I am looking for this Porsche. Well we come to a Mercedes-Benz AMG S63. Funny thing was, last week I was at a automotive detail placed and saw a Silver S63 with some lady driving it. So I researched it on the internet and found it was expensive and has some sick numbers and gadgets. Well this guy says here are the keys. Funny damn thing is he leaves the car unlocked and keys inside!!! WOWWWW.
So we take it for a drive, just my friend and I and we go get some cameras and snap shots off at a nearby park. We also came home to tell my pops my buddy just got the car for his Bday, which the kid is spoiled, so it is believeable. Anyways I do some research again on.
Well we cruise it down A1A, spring break time, and take it back. By the way, there is a sweet Porsche, that is his other car and that key was on the key chain!

So he wants us to sell it for about $120,000. I called up local Mercedes Dealer to see about a quote. Guy takes vin and says car has been in for repairs, has had a few accidents. NICE!
And Carfax lists it has 5 reports on the car!
I did notice curb rash on two rims, and two invoices in the stuff we got from glove box show some rims and tires replaced and a $6,500 bill for some damage. Guy on phone said one time hit a hog and one time dude hit a cement something.

But the car looks great now. It has sooo many gadgets unbelieve. Sweet screen for a revers camera, NAV, Sirius, both seats power with memory. Two sunroofs, this that and the other. When you lock it, the mirrors fold in. Push start. I have the window stickers scanned on the link to view. Was a $127,000 car, but he got upgrades and turned out to be a $137,000 before taxes. Get this, an extra $3,000 tax for being a gas guzzler!!! LOL 11mpgc 17mpgh

So it was fun. Listed it on Autotrader and Craigslist. Didn't like ebay for just whatever reason. We'll see what happens. Mercedes dealership didn't call me back.
It rides like nothing I ever sat in before. I didn't drive it, afraid to mess it up. Has padal shifters. Just has tons and tons of gadgets. Inside is huge as heck. Weighs 4865lbs. 518 hp 465 lb torque. Buddy pushed pedal down like 20% and it was quick, wonder how fast it'll go 100% down.... Speedometer reads up to 200! 20" Wheels, just crazyness!

Link to pics and video:
http://www.putfile.com/album/182761
http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m252/escapest01/miscx/?action=view¤t=Video.flv

#165041 - 03/26/08 06:00 PM Re: Well today...Mercedes-Benz AMG S63 FTW!!
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
That must have been a fun drive! I bet it hauls!

I personally think its hideous, and i would buy a LOT of other cars before i bought that one.
#165042 - 03/26/08 06:02 PM Re: Well today...Mercedes-Benz AMG S63 FTW!!
theone2043 Offline
Loc: Pocono, PA
devileek hot damn!
#165043 - 03/26/08 06:21 PM Re: Well today...Mercedes-Benz AMG S63 FTW!!
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
go over to germany and its prolly half of what they want in the states
#165044 - 03/26/08 10:47 PM Re: Well today...Mercedes-Benz AMG S63 FTW!!
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Those cars are fast as hell and it will go to 160mph with no hesistation. My uncle has this rich friend and he has that car except his is a 2004 so I belive this new one is even better. But the guy said the upper level mercedes bens cars like the amg and the v12 ones have lots of problems with the engine and said if you can't afford the fix it don't get is. He had to replace a piston and he said it was 3,000 to fix but lucky he had a warranty on it.

But overall a nice car.
#165045 - 03/27/08 01:54 PM Re: Well today...Mercedes-Benz AMG S63 FTW!!
soulonfire11 Offline
Loc: Chicago
120,000......thats insane. you could get a ZR1 + a nice DD with that......