Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#16527 - 10/27/02 09:55 AM Service Enigine Light after new cat.
Wavy Davy Offline
Loc: Orlando, FL
I just had a Random Technology down pipe/high flow cat. and a DynoMax exhaust kit installed on my '02 GTP. I ran it for about a day when the Service Engine light came on and has not gone off.
I assume this has to do with the change in emissions after the cat. My neighbor, a camaro guy, had similar problems when he removed his cat. Does anyone know if I can reset the computer to accept the new ranges as normal or do I need to get an O2 simulator? If I can reset it what is the procedure?
By the way, the exhaust sounds great and I can feel the difference. Thanks.

Dave Stull
#16528 - 10/28/02 11:34 AM Re: Service Enigine Light after new cat.
webcrawlr Offline
Loc: St Paul, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by Wavy Davy:
I just had a Random Technology down pipe/high flow cat. and a DynoMax exhaust kit installed on my '02 GTP. I ran it for about a day when the Service Engine light came on and has not gone off.
I assume this has to do with the change in emissions after the cat. My neighbor, a camaro guy, had similar problems when he removed his cat. Does anyone know if I can reset the computer to accept the new ranges as normal or do I need to get an O2 simulator? If I can reset it what is the procedure?
By the way, the exhaust sounds great and I can feel the difference. Thanks.

Dave Stull
You'll have to get a O2 sim or get a DHP PCM and ask them to make that code go away with the new PCM you just ordered.
#16529 - 10/28/02 01:48 PM Re: Service Enigine Light after new cat.
Wavy Davy Offline
Loc: Orlando, FL
Thanks, I figured as much. I disconnected the battery and the light went off but it came back on today. My neighbors checking his connects locally for an O2 sim. or else I'll order one. The new PCM is still a few weeks out in my "grand plan". Thanks for the help.

Dave