UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Good point Alex, I agree.
#165321 - 04/17/06 02:20 PM Re: Illegal Immigration
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex:
Yes Canada is a neighbor too but economics in Canada can manage better the power of USA.
I totally agree that my country needs to take the responsability of many issues, a lot of this problem is generated for corruption inside my country, in fact that is the point there are no just one responsible for this, is not just illegal immigrants, nor USA gov, or Mexican Gov, that is why this can be treated just by one side.
i also agree
#165322 - 04/17/06 03:58 PM Re: Illegal Immigration
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
So walls, discrimination or any simplist solution wont do anything.

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#165323 - 04/17/06 04:16 PM Re: Illegal Immigration
UMfan Offline
Quote:
So walls, discrimination or any simplist solution wont do anything.
Well I think walls and deportation would do SOMETHING, but it wouldn't stop it.

I think it's ridiculous to arrest 10 million people because we don't have enough jails.

I think it's just as ridiculous to offer amnesty because it just gives people even more incentive to come in illegally.

So that is kind of why I like the wall idea. It's not perfect, but it would help a lot.
#165324 - 04/17/06 04:19 PM Re: Illegal Immigration
Alex Offline
Some people say "do you know why mexican olympic team sucks?, cause everyone who know how to swim or tu run fast, or to climb high is immigrating into USA... lol

My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#165325 - 04/17/06 04:46 PM Re: Illegal Immigration
UMfan Offline
Quote:
Some people say "do you know why mexican olympic team sucks?, cause everyone who know how to swim or tu run fast, or to climb high is immigrating into USA... lol
Yes, I've heard that one. haha. Have you heard the comedian Carlos Mencia? He does some funny jokes like that. His stand up comedy is really funny, but his show on Comedy Central is not as good.

Well, back on topic... Alex, I'm curious what you would suggest to prevent illegals from entering the US? What do you think the US must do since the Mexican government doesn't seem to want to change?
#165326 - 04/17/06 09:34 PM Re: Illegal Immigration
Alex Offline
No i haven't hear about that comedian. so please tell me some jokes about mexicans.

I do not have a kind of simple idea of how to solve this problem for both sides, i think even if it sounds too romantic, that when our countries go beyond the economical interests and really take the human resource as a main value, the whole chain will be better. by chain i mean all the production procces. But i think we all are still to immature as a human race to solve this kind of issues without pointing only the economical benefit and fast return of the investments.Being realistic history tell us about empires like USA (as always with all respect for you and your people). This empires always end breaking down, culture, economics and even people that can't follow the way the empires traces the line. And all this of course supported for corruption inside poor countries and a soft carachter of the people...too much bla, bla, bla isn't t? is too complex

#165327 - 04/18/06 01:47 AM Re: Illegal Immigration
buggy2068 Offline
Loc: Warrensburg, MO
well, that might all be true, and i do agree on one thing. The human race is way too immature to try and take on something like this in a reasonable way. I mean immigration isn't the only thing that exemplifies that. I also agree with the fact that we can't just throw them all in jail, because the jails are overcrowded as it is. I don't really see a solution to this problem any time soon. I think the thing that does bother me about this the most is the simple fact that everyone focuses on the Mexicans. Do they not realize that we have illegals from the middle east, Italy, France, Canada, Russia, the Orient. I mean, granted that Latinos and Mexicans are the majority of this group, I don't think we can just punish them and ignore others. This will not be resolved until other nation's peoples start respecting the laws of this nation, but that won't happen until our own people and government respects those laws themselves, but that is an entirely different arena.
#165328 - 04/18/06 12:49 PM Re: Illegal Immigration
Alex Offline
I think that at the end breaking borders will be the solution, i really don't care if the most powerful country in the world is going to manage everything, patriotism and sovereignty sometimes are an impediment to develope a good level of life. What i mean is, i'm sure that all poor people around the world incluiding some indian comunities from Mexico, would be happier if they could get an everyday meal no matter if it comes envolved in a mexican flag or american or chinese.

Borders and sovereignity just work for huge corporations, but not for the common people. Tha dark side is that when a country manages the goods of another country regularly people became a 2nd class people, do you know what i mean? that is not good even if you have filled your stomach.

#165329 - 04/18/06 02:20 PM Re: Illegal Immigration
buggy2068 Offline
I understand what you are saying, oppression of the strong over the week. Basically, because the US is so huge and powerful, alot of the third world countries, and some that aren't so third world, but unable really to provide for their people will want in if for no other reason than just to keep from starving.
#165330 - 04/19/06 12:48 AM Re: Illegal Immigration
Golden Glider Offline
Loc: Germantown, MD
Alex go here for Carlos's official website:

http://carlosmencia.com/main.php

Or go here for comedy central website:

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/mind_of_mencia/index.jhtml

2000 Bronzemist Mettalic 4door GTP rollin on Enkei LM1 18" wheels, Powerslot Front and Rear Brake Rotors, Red Brake Calipers, Automate AM 9 Auto Start. Looks WILD HOT!!
#165331 - 04/23/06 09:20 AM Re: Illegal Immigration
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
Well I was going to stay out of this little debate but Buggy just had to throw Canadian's into it,I think you will find 95% of Canadian's are in the US legally at least techanically we are allowed to be in the US 6mths at a time and cross an International border for a day and return for another 6mths,and as far as getting a work Visa fairly simple if you have a trade ,but look at the number of US citizens in Can. 75% are on the run from the law or an irate spouse,remember Vietnam where did all the draft dodgers go and if you check many are still there,what I'm saying is do'nt put Canadian's in the same boat as the other illegals we just do'nt fit for example ask a poor American if they would like to live in Canada then visa versa ask a poor Canadian if they would like to live in the US(wait we do'nt have any poor Canadian's)see our welfare system guarenties a quality of life.Just my 02cents .Chico.
#165332 - 04/25/06 12:21 AM Re: Illegal Immigration
buggy2068 Offline
that is it exactly though. I wasn't trying to say anything against Canadians, sorry if I ruffled some feathers there. The point I was trying to make was that no country is immune to the problem.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3