Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#165290 - 04/11/06 04:35 PM Illegal Immigration
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
What is your opinion on this movment of the latin illegal people?

I see news but, i'd like to know your position.

What i really didn't like was the mexican flag being burned!

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#165291 - 04/11/06 04:49 PM Re: Illegal Immigration
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
I am against it. (flame suit on)
I will not go into detail.
#165292 - 04/11/06 04:51 PM Re: Illegal Immigration
Richard Candelario Offline
Me personally, and this sounds weird coming from a half-Mexican, but I like the HR 4437. It's illegal to enter the country illegally (hence the title illegal immigrant), so I think it should be a felony. One of my senior NCOs (think of him as a high-level foreman) was an illegal immigrant, and said it was real hard to get a visa/green card. I think it should be a bit easier to allow people in, but harder to do so unregistered.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#165293 - 04/11/06 05:37 PM Re: Illegal Immigration
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Quote:
Originally posted by TexasGP:
I am against it. (flame suit on)
What is "flame suit on"?

please Texas go into detail, i just want to know.

My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#165294 - 04/11/06 06:40 PM Re: Illegal Immigration
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex:
Quote:
Originally posted by TexasGP:
[b] I am against it. (flame suit on)
What is "flame suit on"?

please Texas go into detail, i just want to know. [/b]
When you face heavy criticism, it is a slang term to say you are being "flamed". TexasGP was "putting on his flame suit" because he anticipates that his opinion will make others angry/disagree with him.
#165295 - 04/11/06 06:47 PM Re: Illegal Immigration
UMfan Offline
My opinion on this topic goes like this:

Quite frankly I don't care about the immigrants that come here. I think they serve a valuable purpose in our country, and most are good people. I don't worry about "national security" or "drug runners" and all that stuff.

But where I have a problem is how every 10 years we offer amnesty to illegal immigrants like it's no big deal. If we are going to keep offering amnesty...then let's make it legal for people to come and go without documents. If we are going continue having it be illegal...let's enforce it.

I guess I'm a "by the books" kind of guy. I believe we have a law, therefore we should enforce it. I don't think we should arrest 11 million people though. I agree mostly with this article:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2006/04/we_need_a_wall.html

A wall would be expensive, and would not be 100% effective...but I think it's a good start. Build a wall to keep out any new illegal people. Make it easier for them to come to the US LEGALLY. Then grant Amnesty to all that are currently here. Finally, you can make it a felony for anyone new who enters.

Again, I have no problem with people entering the US...just do it legally. That is how my grandparents came to this country. Why should citizens of Mexico be more priviledged just because they are our neighbors?
#165296 - 04/11/06 06:55 PM Re: Illegal Immigration
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
I don't think illegals should have any rights in this country, what makes them think they can just stand up and start demanding rights, they're criminals (by being here illegally). You want access to certain things that are privledged to the citizens of the US, then become a citizen of the US and do it legally. Being here legally and having taxes deducted from your pay is how you earn the rights to some of these certain privledges.

Illegals are wanting rights here in the US? Please. :rolleyes:

That is all. smile cheers

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#165297 - 04/11/06 06:59 PM Re: Illegal Immigration
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Keep in mind not all the illegals are of Mexican nationality. A good portion of them are from central america.

I for one am all for immigration so long as it is done legally.

I don't believe in the amnesty. Also I know it's not feasable to round up all the illegals but when one is found through what ever legal means ie traffic stop then they should be processed for deportation.

The influx of illegal aliens only make it harder for those who are trying to immigrate the proper way.

At the same time I feal that the application process needs fixing. Given modern technology with communications the process should be able to run smoother and more efficient.

Hey Alex as for the flag burning ours is burned just bout everyday. Yes it's sad to see but at the same time thats freedom of speech at it's finest. You don't have to like it and at the same time they don't have to like what you have to say smile
#165298 - 04/11/06 07:12 PM Re: Illegal Immigration
UMfan Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:
I don't think illegals should have any rights in this country, what makes them think they can just stand up and start demanding rights, they're criminals (by being here illegally). You want access to certain things that are privledged to the citizens of the US, then become a citizen of the US and do it legally. Being here legally and having taxes deducted from your pay is how you earn the rights to some of these certain privledges.

Illegals are wanting rights here in the US? Please. :rolleyes:

That is all. smile cheers
I have to say, I find it VERY ironic that illegal immigrants are using the first Ammendment to protest being deported. They aren't granted free speech, but they are using it. I just think that is kind of odd when you think about it.

And as for Bobby's part about them being criminals..I'll go a step farther. They are criminals AND they aren't citizens. US Citizens that are criminals STILL have rights in prison. Illegal immigrants are below that, they don't have any legal rights.
#165299 - 04/11/06 07:13 PM Re: Illegal Immigration
UMfan Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
Keep in mind not all the illegals are of Mexican nationality. A good portion of them are from central america.
That is a good point. I should just say those who come across the Mexican border.
#165300 - 04/11/06 07:25 PM Re: Illegal Immigration
2fast4u Offline
Loc: Livonia, MI
Im still 17 so I cant take a side on it.....

Mods: 11.87@115 strictly stock
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-GTP-burnout_207724.htm
#165301 - 04/11/06 08:02 PM Re: Illegal Immigration
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I belive that they should have rights in our country.... put yourself in their shoes, they are trying to escape a corrupt gov't, that lies, steals and forces them to brib the police!.... would you try to esscap that to get to a better life? if i could have been, i would have marched with everyone on monday, and would have been proud to do it! i think that it is a growing problem however and needs to be delt with, but this bill going through is just over the top.... i'd hate to say it, but this nation would NOT be the same without the illigals, most contracters hire the day laborors for $5 and hour, and they work their asses off for so little, yet do not complain, i know this cuz i've working in construction and ill tell you, i'd rather work next to a mexican then a white guy... im personally a white guy, yes, but they work untill the job is done... most other guys i worked with, would not do that... and where would this country be with-out illigal immagration, thats how our families got here to esscape the gov't in other parts of the world....

-just my $.02 crazy
#165302 - 04/11/06 10:03 PM Re: Illegal Immigration
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by ifitwasnt4u:
I belive that they should have rights in our country.... put yourself in their shoes, they are trying to escape a corrupt gov't, that lies, steals and forces them to brib the police!.... would you try to esscap that to get to a better life?
I'm all for them coming over and doing the jobs that no one else will do, I just think they should do it legally and pay their taxes if they want demands such as health care. Who do they think is going to pay for that health care, the US Government? That's us, you and me. I don't get free health care, neither do you. We pay for these things out of the taxes that are taken from our paycheck.
You made some good points in your post, and I agree with just about all of them. I just think they should pay the same taxes as I do if they're going to strike up a protest and demand rights. That'll give them some ground to stand on.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#165303 - 04/11/06 10:55 PM Re: Illegal Immigration
UMfan Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:
Quote:
Originally posted by ifitwasnt4u:
[b] I belive that they should have rights in our country.... put yourself in their shoes, they are trying to escape a corrupt gov't, that lies, steals and forces them to brib the police!.... would you try to esscap that to get to a better life?
I'm all for them coming over and doing the jobs that no one else will do, I just think they should do it legally and pay their taxes if they want demands such as health care. Who do they think is going to pay for that health care, the US Government? That's us, you and me. I don't get free health care, neither do you. We pay for these things out of the taxes that are taken from our paycheck.
You made some good points in your post, and I agree with just about all of them. I just think they should pay the same taxes as I do if they're going to strike up a protest and demand rights. That'll give them some ground to stand on. [/b]
In addition, I don't understand why we should let anyone come to the US legally through the Mexican border just because they have it rough in their home country.

We turn Cuban refugees back home after they've been floating and starving on rafts.

We deny immigrants from Europe, Asia and Africa who apply for legal status. If we allow anyone to cross the Mexican border and immediately have citizenship, then we are forced to do it for all countries.

That's the double standard I have a problem with.
#165304 - 04/11/06 11:19 PM Re: Illegal Immigration
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
yes i agree, thats why i dont support deporting everyone that is already here... they should make them go through the process of getting their green card or whatever so they will have to pay taxes and become a citizan, however, not grant amnisty to everyone either, i guess thats where it becomes alil bit of a problem... :rolleyes: