Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#165404 - 07/23/06 01:42 PM Re: You won't believe this
black97 Offline
Loc: ohio
I would say that the truck was winning because the GTO wasnt really wanting to go as fast as the truck maybe.My father has an 05 GTO with a six speed and i know theres no tuned F-350 that can do 155 no aerodynamics. Like it was said earlier the aerodynamics are terrible.
#165405 - 07/23/06 04:57 PM Re: You won't believe this
davidmiz Offline
Loc: Lakewood N.J.
my bro has a 2003 ford f350 4in dual exausts out the side, intercoler, upgraded turbo and a boost controler i have been with him doing 110mph he has like 500hp 800 tourqe and he has a friend that has a dodge 3500 that will beat him but he has a maunal trans my bro has a auto plus its his work truck he can tow cars with it, it has a repo bar under the back bumper. its 1 sweat truck
#165406 - 07/24/06 02:37 AM Re: You won't believe this
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Well I know the gto was a automatic because I can tell if the car was a manual or not but I could not believe until I saw this show called pinks, a white dodge ram had 700 hp and it was performed by bulldogs performence part. Ever heard of them.
#165407 - 07/24/06 02:38 AM Re: You won't believe this
buggy2068 Offline
Loc: Warrensburg, MO
i saw that show. that was pretty impressive
#165408 - 07/24/06 06:29 AM Re: You won't believe this
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dre da GP man:
Well I know the gto was a automatic because I can tell if the car was a manual or not but I could not believe until I saw this show called pinks, a white dodge ram had 700 hp and it was performed by bulldogs performence part. Ever heard of them.
i know that most people say that they can tell if a car is a standard or an automatic just by the way the car moves or how the car sounds as you get to the shift point but it all depends on the driver. i had people constantly telling me that the only way my Ford Ranger beat them was because it was an automatic so i would invite them to look in the truck and see that it was a Standard. and when i drive my dads Trans Am i have had people argue with me on weather it was a Standard or Auto(its an auto by the way). it all depends on the driver and how long they have been driving that particular car. if you drive it every day you can shift a standard more smoothly then any automatic could think of at full Throttle.

#165409 - 07/27/06 12:39 AM Re: You won't believe this
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Quote:
Originally posted by ifitwasnt4u:
Quote:
Originally posted by crimpton:
[b] It's not uncommon to see Diesel 4X4's running 12's at the track..... The only thing that pisses me off is that they never shut the engine off..... So if I get stuck next to one in the staging lanes I gotta breath diesel fumes until I make it to the staging area.
A diesel takes forever to warm up to operating temps, they keep them on so the engine is at operating temp [/b]
So, driving in off the freeway, and spending 20 minutes in the staging lanes is going to allow the engine to cool down below operating temps?
With my experiences with my little 3.8L it takes 20 minutes just for the fans to overcome the heatsoaking. I doubt a 6+ liter diesel engine is going to cool down in 20 minutes.
Unless you can convince me otherwise, these guys are only running the engines because they can, making everyone that has to breath the exhaust miserable.

http://pdxcgp.com
#165410 - 07/27/06 08:16 AM Re: You won't believe this
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Diesel engines love compression.
It's kinda like turning your computer off everytime you step away from it. That's not anything that should be done. Your computer should be on at all times.
Diesel engines are kinda the same way. Turning them off an on isn't good for them. Compression is good for diesels engines.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2