Rate This Topic
#165426 - 12/02/08 03:44 PM Re: Oakland Street Racing Bust
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
Satisfying, yes. Smart.... no
#165427 - 12/02/08 09:30 PM Re: Oakland Street Racing Bust
72chevman Offline
Loc: Where Dorthy,Toto & Wicked Wit...
When you order parts online or in catalogs do you ever see these words CARB EO? This is what it means: Exempted parts are add-on or modified parts that have undergone an ARB engineering evaluation. If the part or modification is shown to not increase vehicle emissions, it is granted an exemption to emission control system anti-tampering laws. This exemption is called an Executive Order (EO) and allows the modification to be installed on specific emission controlled vehicles. Every Executive Order part or modification has an assigned number that can be verified by Smog Check stations, BAR Referee stations, or by the ARB.

When it comes to parts on your car that can effect emissions, it is illegal in California to have aftermarket parts on your car that do not have a CARB EO number on them. IIRC you must produce the paperwork when asked if the CARB EO number is not visible to LE or emission testers.

That is why you see this statement a lot on SLP's website: "Not legal for sale or use on pollution-controlled motor vehicles"

Look at this K&N page. It shows their intake is legal:

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=57-3045
03 GT, STB, GM HD sway bars, 35% tint, GE893(37watt)fogs, Flowtech Terminators, 180 T-stat, ZZP DP & PCM, Ceramic PLOG & Crossover, 18" glasspack, 2007 17" Mustang Bullits 235/55/17 Pirelli PZero Nero, 12" R1 D\S rotors, gutted air box, GTP radiator
#165428 - 12/02/08 10:50 PM Re: Oakland Street Racing Bust
jaybur Offline
Loc: Ashland Oregon
2 years ago I had a 94 accord, bone stock. i was on the on ramp to an interstate, a kid in another honda (ricer honda) was in a huge hurry to get around me, I was in the left lane to get around a semi, and this kid was glued to my bumper. I had my family with so I was not about to do anything stupid (tap the brakes etc.)

well he was so impatient that as I was moving into the right lane, he was was already beside me and he bumped my side view mirror, and the impact BROKE his mirror. it was dangling by the mirror adjusting wire. I got his plate as he went by, he just kept it punched even after hitting my mirror.

well I actually caught up to him because there was slower traffic ahead that he could not get through. I caught up to him doing the speed limit, lol.

anyway I just held up my cell phone, he knew what I meant.

I met up with a state trooper in a parking lot, and he took my statement. He also said another person called who witnessed it (probably the trucker). since I had the kids plate, the trooper just went to his house.

he ended up with a $400 fine, and possible community service hours for hit and run with a moving vehicle, and fleeing. that was according the trooper anyway, he called me to follow up.

my car had a scratch on the mirror, my mirror did not even break.

the kid looked young too. great way to make the high insurance even higher.

1994 Honda civic CX hatchback (BIG MPG) STAYING STOCK
*******1999 GT SOLD*****
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2