Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#166031 - 05/19/09 05:14 PM Stupid Stealership
nyjets91 Offline
Loc: Wallingford/Hartford, CT
Well I brought my car in to the dealer today for the naturally aspirated recall, the one where they just stick on a couple of wire separator clips. I originally wasn't even going to bother because a friend of mine works at a Chevy dealer a few towns over and said it's pointless, but it was free and my parents insisted that I just get it done.

I get there, and the car was taken care of relatively quickly. I was going to open the hood right there in the parking lot and see what exactly they did, but I decided not to so it didn't look like I didn't trust them. I drove the car home, only a 10 min ride, no highways. I open the hood in my driveway to see what they did, and my instincts were right. The wire clips were on right and everything, but my oil dipstick was sitting on top of the engine cover. They actually forgot to put it back in place. I was upset for a second because it was something so trivial. What if I had been an old lady, and the thing fell out and oil started leaking out.

Anyway, I know that there are far worse things that they could have done. Also, in reality, no harm was done. However, I just wanted to vent on here and add another reason to the long list of why dealerships suck. They don't even know enough to put the dipstick back in before they close the hood banghead
#166032 - 05/19/09 05:15 PM Re: Stupid Stealership
00grandprixgt Offline
Loc: Wall Lake Iowa
well they didnt remove mine when they did it , and they broke it, dumbholes lol..

but they gave me a new dipstick...

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
soon to come: projectors,exhaust work, 3.4 setup.
#166033 - 05/19/09 05:24 PM Re: Stupid Stealership
nyjets91 Offline
Lol i actually just bought a new one not long ago because i personally broke it. If only I waited...
#166034 - 05/19/09 05:59 PM Re: Stupid Stealership
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
I got that recall last week, it gave me a good laugh.. hammer
#166035 - 05/19/09 06:41 PM Re: Stupid Stealership
nyjets91 Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Blackarrow98gp:
I got that recall last week, it gave me a good laugh.. hammer
LMAO. The best part in that commercial is when the guy is bowling and he just flies up behind him yelling "DIPSTIIIICK!!" lol
#166036 - 05/19/09 11:07 PM Re: Stupid Stealership
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
the worst experience anyone i know has had with a stealership was my mom when she took her 06 GP in for some recall work that involved the ECU they did all the work and she left thinking everything was good. well 3 days later her lights started to flicker and go out at random times while she was driving and so she took it back to the stealership and she got charged $40 to tighten down the battery terminal that they had to loosen in order to do the ECU work.

#166037 - 05/20/09 12:41 AM Re: Stupid Stealership
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
I got mine the other day.

I giggled as I read it...

Actually thinking about going to my dealership on Thursday and bringin that with me. They won't touch the car because I modded it but I wanna know how far along they will go before declining it.

With the big *** heat exchanger sticking out the bottom of the bumper now, I think they would decline it on sight...

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#166038 - 05/20/09 01:00 PM Re: Stupid Stealership
nyjets91 Offline
^ I'd imagine so...
#166039 - 05/20/09 01:06 PM Re: Stupid Stealership
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
Quote:
Originally posted by lonezergling:
I got mine the other day.

I giggled as I read it...

Actually thinking about going to my dealership on Thursday and bringin that with me. They won't touch the car because I modded it but I wanna know how far along they will go before declining it.

With the big *** heat exchanger sticking out the bottom of the bumper now, I think they would decline it on sight...
POST PICS!!
#166040 - 05/20/09 05:23 PM Re: Stupid Stealership
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Part of me really wants to drag my car there and blame the recall for it's problems.
#166041 - 05/20/09 08:51 PM Re: Stupid Stealership
nyjets91 Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
Part of me really wants to drag my car there and blame the recall for it's problems.
GM's response would be: "There's the door, Don't let it hit you in the a** on the way out."
#166042 - 05/21/09 11:13 AM Re: Stupid Stealership
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by nyjets91:
Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
[b] Part of me really wants to drag my car there and blame the recall for it's problems.
GM's response would be: "There's the door, Don't let it hit you in the a** on the way out." [/b]
lol. You're probably correct.
#166043 - 05/21/09 11:57 AM Re: Stupid Stealership
20gtp02 Offline
That's why if I ever go there, I'd stand their and watch them.
Your gut was right, you didn't trust them, so why not take a look under the hood, who cares.
Now your home and can't blame them since you left the lot.

#166044 - 05/21/09 12:14 PM Re: Stupid Stealership
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
I definitely popped my hood in the lot to make sure everything looked okay. It's a good habit any time someone works on your car/changes oil/etc.
#166045 - 05/21/09 03:18 PM Re: Stupid Stealership
nyjets91 Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by 20gtp02:
That's why if I ever go there, I'd stand their and watch them.
Your gut was right, you didn't trust them, so why not take a look under the hood, who cares.
Now your home and can't blame them since you left the lot.
I definitely should've but in reality, there was no damage so i'm not gonna go crazy about it. I just wanted to share yet another "great" experience with a dealership. As far as standing and watching them, there wasn't much to watch. I saw them drive it in, peeked out the window to see him doing something with the wires (putting the clips on), and before i could finish the article I was reading about the new camaro, it was driving back out.

And, of course, I would have NEVER expected someone to forget something so stupidly trivial as to put the dipstick back in. But i guess im a little naive in the sense that I would expect the people who do nothing but work on cars all day to remember that banghead