Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#166178 - 07/06/10 05:53 PM I truly hate you Bambi...
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
3am last night, just finally pass out and my Brother calls me.. First thing he says.. "I'm not drunk, and im not in jail, i hit bambi, and the b**** took off on me!"

So i have to get up, go find out where hes at, and call a tow truck and the police. There is quite abit of damage. Hit the Deer going about 75mph on the expressway. This deer had to weigh A LOT the bull bar on the front of the truck was tweaked down so bad, it looks like he ran into a semi.. I just put the rims on his truck, they are my rims off of my blazer, and they have BRAND NEW tires, as you can tell, one tire is screwed. The bumper was pushed into the tire and the tow truck had to bend the bumper back out to stop it from getting worse when pulling it onto the truck. The deer must have hit the wheel first... hope the wheel isnt bent or the suspension all jacked up. As for "lost" parts, the bumper, bull bar, PIAA lights, headlights and markers, grill, hood, fender, wheel and tire, door (door is hitting on the fender when opening), and my guess radiator support as well.

Everything is being covered by the insurance thank god. Only thing we have to pay is the towing -$50. Falls under comprehensive. Grand Buick/GMC is coming to pick the truck up and giving my brother a loaner car (a grand prix haha) and they are taking care of everything. A lot of the plastic is inside the truck thats part of the front end, like the passanger side marker light is still good, but was hanging off so we removed it, and the chevy emblem and chrome trim on the grill (which is in many pieces) is inside the truck as well. Now for some pics.

#166179 - 07/06/10 06:04 PM Re: I truly hate you Bambi...
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
Bambi? You sure it wasn't a Yetti...?

Glad to hear your bro got out safe!

#166180 - 07/06/10 06:05 PM Re: I truly hate you Bambi...
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
Well i don't believe it was Bambi haha, it had to be her Grandpa, because this deer was one of the biggest deer my brother said he has ever seen.. and its not dead.. it kept on running.
#166181 - 07/06/10 07:03 PM Re: I truly hate you Bambi...
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
Here's a deer my buddy and me hit (he was driving) in his Jeep. It had a steel brush guard welded on and did no damage to his vehicle.

#166182 - 07/07/10 07:27 PM Re: I truly hate you Bambi...
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I had a crazed deer take out my first Dodge Intrepid, and I mean to tell you it seriously ticked me off.

I had swerved all the way to the right shoulder to avoid the running animal and was actually passing her (the deer was running in the same direction now)and even though the deer was alongside, she lowered her head and slammed herself right into the driver door of my car.

She bounced off, fell and flipped over, then got up and ran into the woods, which was a good thing because after I stopped and saw how much damage she had done, I wanted to kill her with my bare hands.

Both left side doors had to be replaced and the rear quarter panel straightened.

I share your sentiment... Bambi, heaven help you if I'm driving a really big truck...like a snowplow.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com